ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Re: Around the League 

Post#321 » by DBC10 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:57 pm

bstein14 wrote:CP3 really accelerated the development of Ayton. Crazy how good he has been for him... not that Ayton doesn't deserve a ton of the credit as well. Actually think the best place for Drummond next year would be a bench role with Phoenix but I'm sure he isn't going to want to take that. He'll likely end up playing where ever he can get the most money, or whoever is willing to give him a starting center job with guaranteed minutes.

It's funny that Drummonds career has been more or less the same as DeAndre Jordan who some fans tried to convince Drum was clearly better. And now he's heading for a McGee and late stage Dwight Howard levels of play too.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#322 » by bstein14 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:37 pm

DBC10 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:CP3 really accelerated the development of Ayton. Crazy how good he has been for him... not that Ayton doesn't deserve a ton of the credit as well. Actually think the best place for Drummond next year would be a bench role with Phoenix but I'm sure he isn't going to want to take that. He'll likely end up playing where ever he can get the most money, or whoever is willing to give him a starting center job with guaranteed minutes.

It's funny that Drummonds career has been more or less the same as DeAndre Jordan who some fans tried to convince Drum was clearly better. And now he's heading for a McGee and late stage Dwight Howard levels of play too.

And he's still young at just 27 he's the same age as Jerami Grant. Crazy how excited we are for Grant to keep getting better and how Drummond is now seemingly at the tail end of his career it feels.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#323 » by vege » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:40 am

Middleton is too good
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#324 » by Pharaoh » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:56 am

DBC10 wrote:

Personally view DeAndre at his best well above Drummond.

At his best Jordan was a rim running, shot blocking perfect compliment on those Clipper teams.

What's Drummond done? Stat padding on poor Piston teams doesn't matter much to me

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#325 » by Pharaoh » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:58 am

DBC10 wrote:I wasn't a big fan of Deandre Ayton and had him in the tier of guys like Myles Turner and a healthy Nurkic, but now he's clearly well ahead of them. He just moves so fluidly for a legit 7 footer and he's wide too. It's actually impressive in this day and age
I'm a bit of a Turner fan tbh

Shot blocking big that can space the floor offensively? Yes please!

Drama is that he's stuck in Indy where the parts just don't fit

DBC10
General Manager

Post#326 » by DBC10 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

Personally view DeAndre at his best well above Drummond.

At his best Jordan was a rim running, shot blocking perfect compliment on those Clipper teams.

What's Drummond done? Stat padding on poor Piston teams doesn't matter much to me

I agree and disagree a bit. DJ was good in his spurts and his rim running tenacity was the top 3 highlights of the Lob City era for the Clips. But you also saw the flipside whenever he was out, that's when Blake was unleashed since he had all that spacing in the paint to do what he does and go off. I watched a lot of Blake back in those days due to fantasy league and you could clearly tell when he was in those zones when they staggered DJ and Blake's minutes at times

But agreed. I'd take DJ over Drummond gun to my head and it's quite hilarious in hindsight how off this forum was on Drummond's potential
DBC10
General Manager

Post#327 » by DBC10 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:44 pm

Heard on news that the current Olympics team is down to 6 after Love and Beal withdrawing.

Are they really about to call up Kyle Kuzma and Drummond at this rate? Would that be the worst Olympics team we sent since we started sending NBA players? Sure feels like it
DBC10
General Manager

Post#328 » by DBC10 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:57 pm

After Giannis winning for the Bucks, it's a big win for small market teams. I imagine the way he won it will at least get some thoughts from other future stars to not want to immediately leave the team after signing a max deal Ala Paul George or Davis and instead try to win as the guy in a adored but smaller market

It likely won't change the NBA fundamentally but it might give a few pauses or two of thought at least.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#329 » by Pharaoh » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:40 am

DBC10 wrote:After Giannis winning for the Bucks, it's a big win for small market teams. I imagine the way he won it will at least get some thoughts from other future stars to not want to immediately leave the team after signing a max deal Ala Paul George or Davis and instead try to win as the guy in a adored but smaller market

It likely won't change the NBA fundamentally but it might give a few pauses or two of thought at least.
Kinda funny that people forget how many years LeBron, AD, PG, KD & Harden spent attempting to win for their market before bailing.

KG did the same in Minnesota before going to Boston yet no one considers him weak or soft for bailing (fake tough though )

It's great for Giannis, the Bucks and their fans but I don't think the issue is a superstar leaving his original team to join a better situation.

The issue is players colluding with each other to form dominant teams since that changes the competitive balance in their favour.

LeBron to Miami? Collusion
KD to the Warriors? KD being soft
KD & Kyrie to the Nets? Collusion
Harden to Nets? Harden being soft
AD to LA? LeBron being LeBron
PG leaving Indiana? Dude got traded!
PG to LAC? Kawhi wanting to win

Not every situation is the same and not every player should stay forever like Dirk did.

dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#330 » by dVs33 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:02 am

Didn’t realise okafor was playing for Nigeria him the olympics
DBC10
General Manager

Post#331 » by DBC10 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:59 pm

dVs33 wrote:Didn’t realise okafor was playing for Nigeria him the olympics

And we might actually lose to Nigeria if this French game was any sort of indicator. That last stretch versus them was embarrassing
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#332 » by ducler » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:54 am

DBC10 wrote:

And we might actually lose to Nigeria if this French game was any sort of indicator. That last stretch versus them was embarrassing

France team is far better than Nigeria's.

French players are not only better but the team is also more polished: players and coaching staff know each other well, they play together every year, and they just want it more for their countries.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#333 » by dVs33 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:09 am

DBC10 wrote:

I can’t imagine the US team losing to Nigeria. We (Australia) ended up beating them beating them fairly comfortably after a close first half.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#334 » by Liqourish » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:25 am

Thank God we didn’t trade for SGA :o
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#335 » by vege » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:27 am

Ellington should have a great season in LA and Bullock should be great next to Luka, I am happy for both of them.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#336 » by Pharaoh » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:16 pm

vege wrote:Ellington should have a great season in LA and Bullock should be great next to Luka, I am happy for both of them.
Same - it's good to see our ex dudes do well.

Including your boy Wood!

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#337 » by ducler » Tue Aug 3, 2021 5:11 pm

Drummond to Sixers = joke of the year
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#338 » by bstein14 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 5:22 pm

ducler wrote:Drummond to Sixers = joke of the year

1 year vet min? To go play 12 MPG.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#339 » by chrbal » Tue Aug 3, 2021 5:23 pm

ducler wrote:Drummond to Sixers = joke of the year

On a minimum wage deal. Thank god that’s over
Sort
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#340 » by Sort » Tue Aug 3, 2021 5:40 pm

Wow on the Dre deal. He needs to fire his agent. The man is still one of the best rebounders in the league, and if you're doing the vet minimum, why go to the Sixers? Is KO really worth five Drummonds?

Return to Detroit Pistons