Image ImageImage Image

Bulls sign Tony Bradley.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Re: Bulls sign Tony Bradley. 

Post#61 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 5:24 pm

meekrab wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
meekrab wrote:Finally we got a beast to throw the ball to down low.

Vuch?

Just a meme from the days when NYK landed Amare.

Think it was Stephon Marbury talking about Zach Randolph lol
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,897

Post#62 » by meekrab » Wed Aug 4, 2021 5:41 pm

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
meekrab wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:Vuch?

Just a meme from the days when NYK landed Amare.

Think it was Stephon Marbury talking about Zach Randolph lol

Oh you're right

:lol:
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,049

Post#63 » by FriedRise » Wed Aug 4, 2021 5:55 pm

We got our backup C! I remember that game still where he completely manhandled WCJ, and we dealt with Wendell for half a season. So the way I see it, this is an upgrade already :D

I know nothing about him so looking at bbref. His DRtg looks pretty good during his short stint in Philly and his last year in Utah, but obviously got worse when he got to OKC because, well, who wouldn't?

Our bench is looking pretty solid now:
Caruso / White (Ayo until he returns) / TBJ / Lauri or his S&T / Bradley

Don't mean to turn this into another Lauri thread, but if he accepts a bench role and a lesser contract, Lauri actually would be a solid piece for that backup PF role. He can obviously shoot and wouldn't be expected to have to create his own shots too much playing with 3 other guards in the lineup. But I don't know if he or his fans here can stomach that ;)
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Post#64 » by gardenofsound » Wed Aug 4, 2021 6:02 pm

Aron Baynes just got waived.

He could be a good get.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#65 » by HomoSapien » Wed Aug 4, 2021 6:04 pm

This is a signing that no one outside of Chicago will really talk about, but it's a lowkey fantastic addition. Tony Brandley is only 23 years old, and is insanely productive. Per 36, he averages 17 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 1.5 bpg, and 4 FTAs. He has a 20.4 PER and plays within his boundaries making 66% of his shots. His TS% 68% which will be the highest on the team. He's also quietly be doing this for his entire career.

Prior to the Vuc trade, Bradley was a guy I had on my radar as a potential starting level big that could bust out with the right opportunity. He's obviously not going to get that opportunity now, but he's an impact role player.

Great signing.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,093

Post#66 » by Mk0 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 6:48 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
dawhizz wrote:He had a great game against the Bulls last year (14 pts, 100% fg, 5 boards, 3 blocks). So, in the words of Joel Embiid:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

If you can't beat them, sign them.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have found Doc Rivers account.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#67 » by SfBull » Wed Aug 4, 2021 7:40 pm

CaPiTanAK wrote:

I didn't remember about Tony Bradley.Good signing.Watching that video helps to show again how weak was our frontcourt with Wendell and Lauri starting,it was necessary another FO for understanding the obvious.And think about how many posters here kept defending Carter (and still like Lauri) .
I just hope these days are really past and we can now be in the right direction again.I have no problem in playing Lauri or Coby with the 2nd unit in the current roster,just not start them if really wanna win something next season.
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#68 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 8:02 pm

He basically got Wendell benched by himself. Was good in okc on small sample size
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#69 » by samwana » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:47 pm

I think with all our signings of forwards, we kind of forgot about Bradley. I think here is a guy who is under the radar and has the potential to be a really good role player. I've watched a few 'all possesion' videos on yt and I came away impressed.

He is solid on the boards and can handle a good pass and convert. He can score, board and can do a little bit of exactly what we need from a backup center.

Nice signing with potential to be a great signing, if he continues to grow as a player.

I'm excited for the season to start.

RealGM mobile app
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#70 » by MrFortune3 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:59 pm

Bradley should be a solid contributor and likely will play a larger role than some expect.
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 335

Post#71 » by PistolP » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:24 pm

The Bradley/Alize combo is going to be a monster on the boards off the bench.
bulls_4_life
Junior
And1: 103

Post#72 » by bulls_4_life » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:27 pm

PistolP wrote:The Bradley/Alize combo is going to be a monster on the boards off the bench.

Good point. That's what they lacked last season
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#73 » by MGB8 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:05 pm

samwana wrote:I think with all our signings of forwards, we kind of forgot about Bradley. I think here is a guy who is under the radar and has the potential to be a really good role player. I've watched a few 'all possesion' videos on yt and I came away impressed.

He is solid on the boards and can handle a good pass and convert. He can score, board and can do a little bit of exactly what we need from a backup center.

Nice signing with potential to be a great signing, if he continues to grow as a player.

RealGM mobile app

I would be more ok with Bradley as the primary reserve if we hadn’t triple downed on small ball 4s and not having true point guards. It seems like the Bulls are pretty locked into a scheme with a 5-hub, in which case I’d want a more offensively gifted reserve 5 in the event Vuc has to miss time. Simonovic may be that guy in the future, but I don’t think he will be ready this year. Hence my pounding the table for Hartenstein (or, for that matter, Vonleh, or even kicking the tires on Okafor and seeing if the effort level has improved now that he’s a step away from fully washing out).
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#74 » by sco » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:10 pm

MGB8 wrote:
samwana wrote:I think with all our signings of forwards, we kind of forgot about Bradley. I think here is a guy who is under the radar and has the potential to be a really good role player. I've watched a few 'all possesion' videos on yt and I came away impressed.

RealGM mobile app

I would be more ok with Bradley as the primary reserve if we hadn’t triple downed on small ball 4s and not having true point guards. It seems like the Bulls are pretty locked into a scheme with a 5-hub, in which case I’d want a more offensively gifted reserve 5 in the event Vuc has to miss time. Simonovic may be that guy in the future, but I don’t think he will be ready this year. Hence my pounding the table for Hartenstein (or, for Thant matter, Vonleh, or even kicking the tires on Okafor and seeing if the effort level has improved now that he’s a step away from fully washing out).

Yeah, but I could also see DDR playing that role with the reserves. I don't see line-sub patterns, but line-ups with a front court of DDR, Pat and Tony could work.
:clap:
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#75 » by MGB8 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:15 pm

TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#76 » by TeamMan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:06 pm

SfBull wrote:
CaPiTanAK wrote:

I didn't remember about Tony Bradley.Good signing.Watching that video helps to show again how weak was our frontcourt with Wendell and Lauri starting,it was necessary another FO for understanding the obvious.And think about how many posters here kept defending Carter (and still like Lauri) .
I just hope these days are really past and we can now be in the right direction again.I have no problem in playing Lauri or Coby with the 2nd unit in the current roster,just not start them if really wanna win something next season.

Until he was traded, the board hyped WCJ as the Bulls next superstar at center.

This video shows how useless he was against players with height and length.

If he has any future in the NBA he'll have to play together with a rim-protector that can go against real centers in the league.
Rowland Garrett
Senior
And1: 489

Post#77 » by Rowland Garrett » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:05 am

TeamMan wrote:
SfBull wrote:
CaPiTanAK wrote:

If he has any future in the NBA he'll have to play together with a rim-protector that can go against real centers in the league.

Until he was traded the board hyped him as a superstar? Crazy man!

I don't know what board you were at, but you're in a good place now. This board agonized over his struggle after struggle.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#78 » by SfBull » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:39 am

I just hope our losing days can be part of the past with the Bulls being in the playoffs for a long time.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,236

Post#79 » by kodo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:40 am

He's going to be more important than most people give him credit for because he's the only viable starting C when Vuc is out. Without any traditional PFs, Bradley is a must start in those situations where Vuc can't play for whatever reason. It's not like Patrick or Jones can start at Center, like most PFs do when the starting C is out.

And even when Vuc is healthy, Bradley is going to have play when we need defense down low.

There's actually a ton riding on this guy's shoulders this season, because he's the only defensive anchor on the team.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#80 » by TeamMan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:03 am

Rowland Garrett wrote:
TeamMan wrote:
SfBull wrote:I didn't remember about Tony Bradley.Good signing.Watching that video helps to show again how weak was our frontcourt with Wendell and Lauri starting,it was necessary another FO for understanding the obvious.And think about how many posters here kept defending Carter (and still like Lauri) .

Until he was traded the board hyped him as a superstar? Crazy man!

I don't know what board you were at, but you're in a good place now. This board agonized over his struggle after struggle.

WOW!!!

I guess you never saw the threads when the arguments became brutal over how great WCJ was going to be as a center in the league.

ANY suggestion that he should spend some time at PF was treated like blasphemy!

Oh yea, I remember.

Return to Chicago Bulls