Cade Cunningham

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,422

Re: Cade Cunningham 

Post#641 » by ThatBoyNick » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:10 am

EvanZ wrote:Detroit listing heights without shoes. Not that complicated really.

They aren't, look at the predraft measurement for Livers/Garza, then look at what they were listed at for Detroit's summer league roster, they 100% listed the players at in shoe heights. Cade is 6'6 with shoes, IE 6'5 without shoes.

6'5 217 is a GOOD NBA-ready size for a SG, but it's not a tall perimeter forward at 6'8 like we were originally thinking.

I'm really baffled at how the NBA handled the height thing, they said we are supposed to be going by barefoot heights, and like half the league is ignoring it.
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 710

Post#642 » by RollingWave » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:15 am

Ok calm down I took a bit of look again at yesterday's game Cade's definitely taller than Green by a few inches at least. (Green was guarding him quite a bit so it's pretty easy to compare.) if you're going to downgrade Cade you're saying Greens like a 6'3 combo guard or something.

Also I felt better after looking at it again about him, though I would note that I don't quite buy the part that "he's not getting assist because of bad teammates" part. There's not much there that suggest he's passing guys open or something

Probably the game's biggest takeaway is that if you're Detroit, Hayes and Sekou getting totally outplayed by Sengun and Christopher is not a good sign. Hayes had some flashes but the bad was really bad and he's just so inconsistent and indecisive most of the time.
The river of time wash away all heroes
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#643 » by Roddy B for 3 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:47 am

RollingWave wrote:Ok calm down I took a bit of look again at yesterday's game Cade's definitely taller than Green by a few inches at least. (Green was guarding him quite a bit so it's pretty easy to compare.) if you're going to downgrade Cade you're saying Greens like a 6'3 combo guard or something.

Also I felt better after looking at it again about him, though I would note that I don't quite buy the part that "he's not getting assist because of bad teammates" part. There's not much there that suggest he's passing guys open or something

Probably the game's biggest takeaway is that if you're Detroit, Hayes and Sekou getting totally outplayed by Sengun and Christopher is not a good sign. Hayes had some flashes but the bad was really bad and he's just so inconsistent and indecisive most of the time.

Bradley Beal is 6'3" Kobe Bryant was 6'6", Jaylen Greek is clearly closer to Beal's height than Kobe's.

Beal is obviously a SG not a combo guard.

Jaylen Green will probaly be listed at 6'5" most players on the NBA have their height exaggerated. It's very common and has always been very common. Jaylen Green is clearly tall enough to play SG, Cade is clearly an oversized PG. Beyond that the subject dosen't really matter.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,422

Post#644 » by ThatBoyNick » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:49 am

I tried to get a good look at the difference between Cade/Green too, best shot what right before jump ball

When they were standing next to each other oddly their shoulders were about even height, but the top of cades forehead was definitely an inch higher.

Cade 6’5, Green 6’4

We can also see Green is taller then Christopher who was measured at 6’3 at the combine

Hopefully one day they will require all declared players to be officially measured at the combine, or maybe the NBA could send independent people to do team measurements instead of letting the teams do it... for us fans sake, because this **** is ridiculous lol
reamily
Senior
And1: 87

Post#645 » by reamily » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:13 am

Jalen is definitely growing since he is quite smallish in 2019 u19 when they both played together
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#646 » by TheZachAttack » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:47 pm

Cade is D Lo with potentially better defense. Same offensive game roughly with the same athletic limitations but shot making ability. Because of that both struggle to get to the rim and get to the line and thus rely on a lot of tough shot making from mid range and the perimeter. Tough to be efficient even if you are an elite shot maker which D Lo is and I expect Cade to eventually be if he isn’t already.

I’m interested to see how Cade develops as a playmaker. I think D Lo, even based on college resume, has put up better assist numbers but for the Wolves D Lo was actually his most effective as a quasi-SG who didn’t bring the ball up but started action through hand offs or other things in the half court and was a secondary playmaker.

I think I actually see Cade being his best in a similar role. Tough to be the primary initiator if you can’t break down a defense. That being said, the main reason D Lo sometimes isn’t a great primary ball handler has a lot more to do with how quickly he moves the ball in that role so that’s another thing I’m watching from Cade.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,336

Post#647 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:03 pm

RollingWave wrote:Ok calm down I took a bit of look again at yesterday's game Cade's definitely taller than Green by a few inches at least. (Green was guarding him quite a bit so it's pretty easy to compare.) if you're going to downgrade Cade you're saying Greens like a 6'3 combo guard or something.

Personally I'm out on both Hayes and Sekou. Some fans are still holding out hope and will till year 4 of their rookie deals. Hayes has more hope then Sekou of course. I expect Cades new backcourt mate will be drafted in one of the next two lottos.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,430

Post#648 » by KembaWalker » Wed Nov 3, 2021 1:22 am

looks like Detroit changed his shot form and messed him up
lack of athleticism pretty apparent too
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,416

Post#649 » by Big J » Wed Nov 3, 2021 1:37 am

Yeesh, I know it's early, but this ain't a good look.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,577

Post#650 » by MemphisX » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:40 am

Big J wrote:Yeesh, I know it's early, but this ain't a good look.

Read on Twitter
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,182

Post#651 » by clyde21 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:51 am

i hate when dudes puff their chests out after a couple of games as if it means anything.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,430

Post#652 » by KembaWalker » Wed Nov 3, 2021 12:26 pm

clyde21 wrote:i hate when dudes puff their chests out after a couple of games as if it means anything.

Maybe you shouldn't take whiffing on draft weaknesses in favor of unjustified hype as a hit to your personal self esteem and chalk it up as a learning experience
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#653 » by K_chile22 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 1:47 pm

It's been two games. Not overly concerned. Though I will say his jumper looks.. different
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,866

Post#654 » by MotownMadness » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:04 pm

MemphisX wrote:
Big J wrote:Yeesh, I know it's early, but this ain't a good look.

Read on Twitter

I needed that this morning, thanks :lol:
QingJames
Sixth Man
And1: 2,192

Post#655 » by QingJames » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:14 pm

His shooting will come back. He's an elite shooter. In 40 games he's still going to have trouble getting by defenders and he's still going to have a bad assist to turnover ratio, though. But he'll be draining 3s, I have no doubt about that.
eyeatoma wrote:You guys still dont' get it. Playoff accomplishment don't matter when you're up for your 1st MVP. When you're up for your 3rd in a row, damn straight it matters, as the only ones who done it are top 15 players of all time who have won rings.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,416

Post#656 » by Big J » Fri Nov 5, 2021 12:33 am

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,516

Post#657 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Nov 5, 2021 2:02 am

I saw some moves I liked tonight
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#658 » by retrobro90 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 2:14 am

Dr Positivity wrote:I saw some moves I liked tonight

The Sixers starters were pretty bad tonight so take it with a grain of salt but Cade did lead his squad in +/- with a +7 in a game they lost by 11. Think he's gonna be really good still. Don't know if he's a full time PG though. Seems like he'll evolve into a two-way off guard with good size at that position and a little second side creation. Liked his reads more in transition and when the sixer defense was already in motion.

Vecenie mentioned the ankle in relation to his poor jump shooting start. The 9-10 from the line could be specious or it could indicate he's more comfortable shooting flat footed right now than in the air.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,182

Post#659 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 2:22 am

the shooting will come around, hes overthinking a little right now and his mechanics are little all over the place but he's too good of a shooter for it not to.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,516

Post#660 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:11 am

So if there's a short stick in the top 4... Green? Or they all hit and Suggs is the bust

Return to NBA Draft