ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1701 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Aug 6, 2021 1:33 pm

Lauri would be a better get though for sure. He's younger and a better 3 point shooter than KLove. Plus, Lauri said a few months ago that he would like to play for the Mavs.

But I think Lauri is gonna sign an offer sheet with the Hornets. I hope the Bulls match and then try to trade him elsewhere...like Dallas.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,338

Post#1702 » by Mavrelous » Fri Aug 6, 2021 1:36 pm

JJP wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:Oh, and of course, I'd take Kevin Love if it only costs Dwight Powell and JJ Redick. That's an upgrade right there.

Honestly, do you really think there's a GM somewhere that would agree? I don't. As I told you already in another thread, he was so out of shape recently that USA Olympic Basketball rescinded their offer of asking him to join the team.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olympics/jerry-colangelo-rips-kevin-love-after-olympic-exit-he-wasnt-in-shape-and-he-was-way-behind-as-it-turned-out-so-you-move-on-call-it-a-mistake/ar-AAMLojPhttps://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olympics/jerry-colangelo-rips-kevin-love-after-olympic-exit-he-wasnt-in-shape-and-he-was-way-behind-as-it-turned-out-so-you-move-on-call-it-a-mistake/ar-AAMLojP

No GM is going to trade for a guy with his salary "hoping" that he gets back in shape.

Damn! As if he didn't ruin his value enough with what he did in CLE, he went to team US and tanked it further...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#1703 » by JJP » Fri Aug 6, 2021 1:37 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:I mean, the dude has an offseason to get back into shape. He just couldn't get back into shape for the Olympics. Plus, international ball is a different animal than the NBA. Like, I hear you, yes, but it's not something that can't be fixed.

That's entirely true. It could be fixed. But why, why would any GM consider that risk as an option to trading a functioning starter? Why would you trade for someone out of shape with an albatross contract who would likely see less minutes than Powell?
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#1704 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Aug 6, 2021 1:43 pm

JJP wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:I mean, the dude has an offseason to get back into shape. He just couldn't get back into shape for the Olympics. Plus, international ball is a different animal than the NBA. Like, I hear you, yes, but it's not something that can't be fixed.

That's entirely true. It could be fixed. But why, why would any GM consider that risk as an option to trading a functioning starter? Why would you trade for someone out of shape with an albatross contract who would likely see less minutes than Powell?

Honestly, KLove would get more playoff minutes than Powell did. The Mavs already have WCS and they can use KP, Kleber, and Moses Brown as roll men too. KLove at least spaces the floor, and that's important with the team letting Luka run the offense.

But I'd rather have Lauri, that's for sure. I'm just saying that Powell and Redick for KLove isn't a bad deal at all and I'd probably do it if I were the Mavs. Powell's contract is "bad" too. If it doesn't go well with KLove, then he's a $30+ million expiring next year and that could be valuable on the trade market.

But I also think the Mavs prolly have their eyes set on someone like Bradley Beal right now. Mark Cuban loves to take big swings on the trade market like that. He and Nico have prolly dialed them up already too.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1705 » by Mavrelous » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:07 pm

If Dragic deal doesn't go through, what about Moses Brown for Cancar? DEN get center prospect and Mavs get Luka buddy who is a stretch 4.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,796

Post#1706 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:08 pm

I'm on for Cancar
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#1707 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:12 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:Lauri would be a better get though for sure. He's younger and a better 3 point shooter than KLove. Plus, Lauri said a few months ago that he would like to play for the Mavs.

But I think Lauri is gonna sign an offer sheet with the Hornets. I hope the Bulls match and then try to trade him elsewhere...like Dallas.

I believe signing Oubre takes Charlotte out of running for Markkanen. They were targeting either and chose Oubre. Lauri is still Restricted so it’s not going to be cheap to sign him unless Chicago is willing to trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#1708 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:16 pm

KhalilS wrote:
JJP wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:Oh, and of course, I'd take Kevin Love if it only costs Dwight Powell and JJ Redick. That's an upgrade right there.

Honestly, do you really think there's a GM somewhere that would agree? I don't. As I told you already in another thread, he was so out of shape recently that USA Olympic Basketball rescinded their offer of asking him to join the team.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olympics/jerry-colangelo-rips-kevin-love-after-olympic-exit-he-wasnt-in-shape-and-he-was-way-behind-as-it-turned-out-so-you-move-on-call-it-a-mistake/ar-AAMLojPhttps://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olympics/jerry-colangelo-rips-kevin-love-after-olympic-exit-he-wasnt-in-shape-and-he-was-way-behind-as-it-turned-out-so-you-move-on-call-it-a-mistake/ar-AAMLojP

No GM is going to trade for a guy with his salary "hoping" that he gets back in shape.

Damn! As if he didn't ruin his value enough with what he did in CLE, he went to team US and tanked it further...

The practices for the Olympics started right after the regular season ended right? When the hell did Kevin Love have time to get out of shape? That tells me he’s been out of shape for a while, like during the season. Even if he’s unmotivated by playing for Cleveland he should be a professional and be ready to play at all times. He may have checked out on his career already and is just drawing a check now.

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,796

Post#1709 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:Lauri would be a better get though for sure. He's younger and a better 3 point shooter than KLove. Plus, Lauri said a few months ago that he would like to play for the Mavs.

I believe signing Oubre takes Charlotte out of running for Markkanen. They were targeting either and chose Oubre. Lauri is still Restricted so it’s not going to be cheap to sign him unless Chicago is willing to trade.

Nobody wants come here, one time a young and talented player we have doubts...c'mon sign him!!!!
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#1710 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:35 pm

Mr B wrote:

Maybe a sign and trade for Lauri then.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#1711 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
JJP wrote:

The practices for the Olympics started right after the regular season ended right? When the hell did Kevin Love have time to get out of shape? That tells me he’s been out of shape for a while, like during the season. Even if he’s unmotivated by playing for Cleveland he should be a professional and be ready to play at all times. He may have checked out on his career already and is just drawing a check now.

Injuries can cause you to lose your conditioning and such. And some guys rely on those games to keep them in shape. Dirk had to take a week off to get back into shape because was coming back from an injury. Give KLove 2+ months to get back into shape and he can prolly do it.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#1712 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:41 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Nobody wants come here, one time a young and talented player we have doubts...c'mon sign him!!!!

Yeah, the Mavs gotta make trades. That's what they did to build themselves up into contenders for both 2006 and 2011. That's what they gotta do now.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#1713 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:43 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:I'm on for Cancar

Same. I'm down, but I doubt it happens. Cancar's NBA stats also aren't that pretty.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#1714 » by leolozon » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:23 pm

What's Markkanen's fit with KP, aren't they unplayable together? Isn't it atrocious defensively?
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#1715 » by Apz » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:32 pm

summarizes ig prdtty good. Guess kleber will be starting 4 and lauri on bench
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#1716 » by JJP » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:12 am

Apz wrote:summarizes ig prdtty good. Guess kleber will be starting 4 and lauri on bench

I think the best starting lineup would be with DFS at the PF position, but it's debatable. Honestly, you could have Lauri backup Bullock for that matter. It's really just about minutes and match-ups more than anything else.

However, I did read an article from Chicago where the thinking was Lauri was much better on defense when having to guard the opponents center - which I thought was odd.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,393

Post#1717 » by gottamakeit » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Cleveland reportedly wants to avoid paying Sexton the big bucks once his rookie contract is up, do you think they'd be interested in a trade package from the Mavs centered around Jalen Brunson?

something like this...
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhr3sjgk
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#1718 » by Apz » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:17 pm

gottamakeit wrote:Cleveland reportedly wants to avoid paying Sexton the big bucks once his rookie contract is up, do you think they'd be interested in a trade package from the Mavs centered around Jalen Brunson?

something like this...

Probably eould have to do but try to flip him for a 3/4. He doesnt bring much to a backcourt with luka so would prefer a wing if we gonna pay 100m+ on 3 players
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,393

Post#1719 » by gottamakeit » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:34 pm

Apz wrote:
gottamakeit wrote:Cleveland reportedly wants to avoid paying Sexton the big bucks once his rookie contract is up, do you think they'd be interested in a trade package from the Mavs centered around Jalen Brunson?

something like this...

Probably eould have to do but try to flip him for a 3/4. He doesnt bring much to a backcourt with luka so would prefer a wing if we gonna pay 100m+ on 3 players

He packs a scoring punch. Can handle the ball.
While he isn't fit to be a team's primary playmaker, he would do great next to Luka as the secondary creator.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1720 » by Mavrelous » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:38 pm

Sexton is great, but I don't think Cavs will trade him with for this package, they could get that easily at the deadline or with S&T next year.

Return to Dallas Mavericks