ImageImageImageImage

Chicago Bulls 2023

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Will Chicago 2023 pick be a lottery pick?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 66

Gawn2TMac
Ballboy
And1: 20

Re: Chicago Bulls 2023 

Post#41 » by Gawn2TMac » Fri Aug 6, 2021 1:59 pm

Lottery pick would be nice but I’d be happy to see Vucevic have some deeper playoff runs.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,768

Post#42 » by Audi » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:48 pm

Don’t watch enough CHI ball to know - who is their leader on the court?
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#43 » by Xatticus » Sat Aug 7, 2021 11:19 pm

Audi wrote:Don’t watch enough CHI ball to know - who is their leader on the court?

LaVine has the entire franchise by the nuts. The fans adore him. The front office is trying to appease him.

Does the player work for the team or does the team work for the player?

LaVine has always been candid about his belief that he is a "star". It really sucks when you are beholden to a guy that just isn't that good. Fortunately, we have moved beyond that, at least temporarily.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#44 » by Skybox » Sun Aug 8, 2021 2:25 pm

Xatticus wrote:
Audi wrote:Don’t watch enough CHI ball to know - who is their leader on the court?

LaVine has the entire franchise by the nuts. The fans adore him. The front office is trying to appease him.

Does the player work for the team or does the team work for the player?

LaVine has always been candid about his belief that he is a "star". It really sucks when you are beholden to a guy that just isn't that good. Fortunately, we have moved beyond that, at least temporarily.

We'll see how well he does next to DeRozan, another designated scorer...CHI has gone all-in, but there is a lot of room for a meltdown scenario, particularly with Lavine's newly designated "stardom" and his upcoming free agency. Lavine put up terrific scoring numbers last season, but I've heard commentators say he does the least to elevate his teammates of any player in the game. DeRozan is also known for being great stats, bad results. I'm a Vuc fan, but the same has certainly be said of him...I'd like to see Vuc in a good situation, I'd like to see Lonzo Ball play like the Jason Kidd-type he was projected to be, but, of course, their failure would be ORL's gain.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,515

Post#45 » by shadrock » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:20 am

This whole roster build feels like an implosion waiting to happen. Who is the leader on this team? Ill tell you right now there is not one single winner on that team. Vuc is a career loser, Derozan the same, Lonzo doesnt move the needle, Lavine has never won. Just dont see this team being a real threat, and when you are average and capped out there will be perssure to blow it up.

To me, this is the best case scenario for us to get a top 5 pick from them in 2023. The chances of them being about a .500 team this year are high and then the chances of it imploding the following season are even higher.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,515

Post#46 » by shadrock » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:24 am

To provide more context, Derozan has a career win percentage of .516, Vucevic has a career win rate of .377, Lavine has a .319 win rate and Lonzo is .452.

Just dont see it working.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#47 » by pepe1991 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:44 am

shadrock wrote:This whole roster build feels like an implosion waiting to happen. Who is the leader on this team? Ill tell you right now there is not one single winner on that team. Vuc is a career loser, Derozan the same, Lonzo doesnt move the needle, Lavine has never won. Just dont see this team being a real threat, and when you are average and capped out there will be perssure to blow it up.

To me, this is the best case scenario for us to get a top 5 pick from them in 2023. The chances of them being about a .500 team this year are high and then the chances of it imploding the following season are even higher.

I'm far away from Derozan lover, but, since he made first allstar game on East, in 2013-14, he never missed playoffs when he was on East. He led team to one conference finals , two second round exists. All losses were against Lebron in his prime, where Derozan's team was never favorite to win.

Calling guy "loser" is really off putting,since he as single player won more playoff games than Orlando as team in his career.

I don't get "Lonzo doesn't move needle" argument either. Lonzo, according to metrics has toughest nba assigments to defend on defense. Pelicans had zero desire to use him on ball for whatever reason, and they had their clear set of issues finding anything sustainable around Ingram and Zon, but Lonzo most definitely wasn't their problem. They forced him into spot up shooting role, and he shot 38% for 3 over 2 years. On 800 attemps.

As far as Lavine -Vuc thing goes. They only played 15 games together last year, and team had 8-7 record with them.

I don't expect Bulls to win 55 games, but i don't see scenario where they are some 35 wins team either. Too much individual talent , plus Patrick Williams will probably improve a lot. Addition by substraction comes from fact Coby White won't play.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#48 » by drsd » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:46 am

Xatticus wrote:LaVine has always been candid about his belief that he is a "star". It really sucks when you are beholden to a guy that just isn't that good. Fortunately, we have moved beyond that, at least temporarily.

Oladipo, Harris, and Gordon all thought they are/were more than the are.

Vučević was the only "star" on this team, and the fans could not accept that because his game was dull.

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#49 » by basketballRob » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:06 pm

drsd wrote:
Xatticus wrote:LaVine has always been candid about his belief that he is a "star". It really sucks when you are beholden to a guy that just isn't that good. Fortunately, we have moved beyond that, at least temporarily.

Vučević was the only "star" on this team, and the fans could not accept that because his game was dull.

I don't think he played good enough defense to be the star of a team.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#50 » by pepe1991 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:31 pm

Lavine is super talented, but much like Booker, will probably need some strong leadership to take game to next level and turn it into team sucess.

if you average 25+ ppg on +60% TS you can't be bad by any streach of imagination.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#51 » by NBlue » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:52 pm

drsd wrote:

That's an odd thing to say. Harris is a key cog on a contender with an $180 million dollar contract. Oladipo is an all-star and winner of the Most Improved Player award with the sky as the limit before a devastating injury. Not sure what your point is at all about them.
drsd
RealGM

Post#52 » by drsd » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:55 pm

basketballRob wrote:I don't think he played good enough defense to be the star of a team.

One good thing about Vučević being traded is the end of the eye-test vs. analytics arguments that Vučević actually was a very good defender but looked horrible doing so.

The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#53 » by The Effect » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:25 pm

Ill be shocked if the bulls arent a top 5 team in the east

Adding another scorer in derozen to Vuc\lavine is going to be very nice for that team, and Ball is a good pass-first PG to get those guys the ball, and is one of the better defensive PGs in the league. But not only are Derozen and ball upgrades over what they had last year, but they also added Caruso who is one of the more underrated players in the league and a top flight bench\glue guy. Now not only do the bulls have one of the better starting lineups in the east and now really upgraded their second unit as well

If they keep that team together through next year and Pat Williams and White continue to develop, i dont see how that pick could possibly be in the lotto
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#54 » by RookieStar » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:31 pm

Im already expecting our CHI draft pick to be in the 20s.

that is why it was sooooo important that their draft pick conveyed this draft and Im happy it did. This upcoming season they are loaded with talent. Will they mesh? Who knows. But that is an upper-tier PO team. If they don't implode for the 23 season, then yeah that pick will be in the 20s
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#55 » by basketballRob » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:54 pm

RookieStar wrote:Im already expecting our CHI draft pick to be in the 20s.

that is why it was sooooo important that their draft pick conveyed this draft and Im happy it did. This upcoming season they are loaded with talent. Will they mesh? Who knows. But that is an upper-tier PO team. If they don't implode for the 23 season, then yeah that pick will be in the 20s
All we can control is finishing ahead of them in 23.

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#56 » by RookieStar » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:59 pm

basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Im already expecting our CHI draft pick to be in the 20s.

All we can control is finishing ahead of them in 23.

I hope you mean in the win-loss standing not the draft ranks. lol
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#57 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:00 pm

NBlue wrote:
drsd wrote:

That's an odd thing to say. Harris is a key cog on a contender with an $180 million dollar contract. Oladipo is an all-star and winner of the Most Improved Player award with the sky as the limit before a devastating injury. Not sure what your point is at all about them.

Didn't Oladipo just sign for the minimum in Miami?..
drsd
RealGM

Post#58 » by drsd » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:32 am

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:Didn't Oladipo just sign for the minimum in Miami?..

Oladipo is driving on three flat tyres. The only way he can prove that he is capable of earning a big contract is to have a LLE year were he shows he can be a 30mpg guy on at least 70 games played. For Miami, there is no risk. And maybe he resigns with them if he is actually fully recovered.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#59 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:26 am

I think the pick will be mid first round.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
drsd
RealGM

Post#60 » by drsd » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:44 am

Howard Mass wrote:I think the pick will be mid first round.

With Markkanen being traded, this puts the Bulls as less likely to make the 2023 playoffs in my opinion. I agree that this is starting to look a lot like a late lottery pick.

Return to Orlando Magic