ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#261 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:04 am

10giz wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Arlo wrote:
Steph, Dragic
Klay, Poole
Porter, Iguodala, JTA
Siakam, Dray, Bjelica
Boucher, Looney, Dray

Absolutely mortgaging the future...but it would be fun for a year...

No it wouldn't. That sucks.

If I can touch on this - I'm not one for trade suggestions typically as I actually understand the amount of nuance, detail and variables that go into something like this.

Admittedly, this trade was a pipe dream for me personally, simply for the idea of being able to rebuild and add 5 1st round picks (Barnes, Precious, Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody) in one offseason whereas many teams take 3-5+ years to do so.

I absolutely loved both picks the Warriors made. Love love love.

My mindset here is by the time Kuminga and Moody are ready to not only be consistent rotation players, but be able to contribute in the playoffs, it may take some time. (Regardless of how good they look right now - which is pretty **** good.)

With the big 3's ages being at 33, 31 and 31 respectively, I think it's fair to say that the next 3 years are the ultimate window. I wouldn't be surprised if it extends beyond that but may be difficult with salaries.

To me, I felt Dragic would be a great addition to the team that adds an element that the team doesn't have. Not only that but I feel he would be a perfect player to re-sign for the duration of the contending window as his game is aging well and another veteran ball handler could definitely open things up.

Boucher, although expiring as well, is definitely a useful player especially to a team like GSW. You'll get 13-15 pts, 5-8 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 threes on great percentages in 22-24 minutes. I'd expect him to be even better there considering the playmakers and spacing around him. He's a great role player that offers key elements at a position you don't usually get them. He'd basically be able to replace 70-80% Wiggins offensive contributions IMO, although the solid perimeter defence would be traded for some elite blocking and much better spacing.

Lastly would be Siakam who, to me, is the perfect all-star level player to add to this team. On GS without needing to be an offensive focus, he would absolutely thrive to degree not yet seen IMO. His speed, fluidity and movement is unlike most if any big in the league and on no team would it fit better than GS where we already have some of the best movement and passing (potentially ever). He's already a champion and a character player who most importantly can help extend this window for the Warriors.

In the end this won't happen as the Raptors, even without Siakam, will never be bad enough to "tank". I'm still holding out hope that perhaps once Pascal is back and healthy, there will be potential for a deal to be made.

If I was a GSW fan, I'd want to stand pat and actually be able to develop some players either to trade away for stars next year or in two, or simply for the long term. Unfortunately I don't think that's gonna happen.

To the gentleman who said this sucks, well, care to explain why?

Dragic is a backup, an expensive one, and is expiring. Sure, he'd be decent, but isn't exactly a spring chicken either.

Boucher, is expiring, and a backup. We've had him before, we've seen him, we aren't resigning him for the money another GM will give him, so he's another expensive bench guy that poof, disappears.

Siakim is coming off injury, and was poor last season compared to his previous years. He's a risk, and an expensive one. He's really the only prize in the trade that we are hemorrhaging our future on, and he isn't that great. We don't need him, and certainly not for this cost. Wiggins does plenty of what he does in a more position of need for us, being the 2/3 wingman rather than the 3/4 forward, especially with the return and full health of Klay still in question.

We lose all of our highly prized youth that were our last 3 lotto picks, our starting SF and we also have to give up a 1st round pick (No protection mentioned), for 2 expiring backups and a combo forward coming off injury. Putrid.

It also makes me laugh that the OP has Dray on the bench, backing up Siakim. That's the dumbest crap I've ever seen. It's likely Siakim comes off the bench in this scenario behind Draymond. Dray and Looney at PF/C to start with Siakim/Boucher off the bench. It doesn't make any sense on or off the court.
10giz
Senior
And1: 661

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#262 » by 10giz » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:26 am

Coxy wrote:
10giz wrote:
Coxy wrote:

If I can touch on this - I'm not one for trade suggestions typically as I actually understand the amount of nuance, detail and variables that go into something like this.

Admittedly, this trade was a pipe dream for me personally, simply for the idea of being able to rebuild and add 5 1st round picks (Barnes, Precious, Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody) in one offseason whereas many teams take 3-5+ years to do so.

My mindset here is by the time Kuminga and Moody are ready to not only be consistent rotation players, but be able to contribute in the playoffs, it may take some time. (Regardless of how good they look right now - which is pretty **** good.)

With the big 3's ages being at 33, 31 and 31 respectively, I think it's fair to say that the next 3 years are the ultimate window. I wouldn't be surprised if it extends beyond that but may be difficult with salaries.

To me, I felt Dragic would be a great addition to the team that adds an element that the team doesn't have. Not only that but I feel he would be a perfect player to re-sign for the duration of the contending window as his game is aging well and another veteran ball handler could definitely open things up.

Boucher, although expiring as well, is definitely a useful player especially to a team like GSW. You'll get 13-15 pts, 5-8 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 threes on great percentages in 22-24 minutes. I'd expect him to be even better there considering the playmakers and spacing around him. He's a great role player that offers key elements at a position you don't usually get them. He'd basically be able to replace 70-80% Wiggins offensive contributions IMO, although the solid perimeter defence would be traded for some elite blocking and much better spacing.

Lastly would be Siakam who, to me, is the perfect all-star level player to add to this team. On GS without needing to be an offensive focus, he would absolutely thrive to degree not yet seen IMO. His speed, fluidity and movement is unlike most if any big in the league and on no team would it fit better than GS where we already have some of the best movement and passing (potentially ever). He's already a champion and a character player who most importantly can help extend this window for the Warriors.

In the end this won't happen as the Raptors, even without Siakam, will never be bad enough to "tank". I'm still holding out hope that perhaps once Pascal is back and healthy, there will be potential for a deal to be made.

If I was a GSW fan, I'd want to stand pat and actually be able to develop some players either to trade away for stars next year or in two, or simply for the long term. Unfortunately I don't think that's gonna happen.

Dragic is a backup, an expensive one, and is expiring. Sure, he'd be decent, but isn't exactly a spring chicken either.

Boucher, is expiring, and a backup. We've had him before, we've seen him, we aren't resigning him for the money another GM will give him, so he's another expensive bench guy that poof, disappears.

Siakim is coming off injury, and was poor last season compared to his previous years. He's a risk, and an expensive one. He's really the only prize in the trade that we are hemorrhaging our future on, and he isn't that great. We don't need him, and certainly not for this cost. Wiggins does plenty of what he does in a more position of need for us, being the 2/3 wingman rather than the 3/4 forward, especially with the return and full health of Klay still in question.

We lose all of our highly prized youth that were our last 3 lotto picks, our starting SF and we also have to give up a 1st round pick (No protection mentioned), for 2 expiring backups and a combo forward coming off injury. Putrid.

It also makes me laugh that the OP has Dray on the bench, backing up Siakim. That's the dumbest crap I've ever seen. It's likely Siakim comes off the bench in this scenario behind Draymond. Dray and Looney at PF/C to start with Siakim/Boucher off the bench. It doesn't make any sense on or off the court.

Dragic is a starter on most teams. Forget that, who gives a **** if he's starting or not? This is about having players that will help the team win championships at what's nearing the end of one of the greatest and most influential dynasties ever. Dragic would've arguably been the 3rd best payer on the team last year. He's expiring for 20M with bird rights. Flexibility.

Boucher would have more impact than Wiseman or Oubre did last year. He's super efficient and literally offers skills that no other player does on the team. That's valuable especially on a team like GS that can make players like him even better.

Siakam is 80% of the way through a torn labrum surgery. What's your point? Klay Thompson is too and he's nearly 4 years older. Siakam "poor season" was 22/7/5/1/1...his terrible season is statistically better than any season Klay Thomson has ever had outside of 3s. He has all-nba defensive ability given the opportunity - Wiggins has been awesome but you're talking about a position that is endlessly more abundant. If GS finally made Wiggins look good, what do you think they'll do for Pascal?

Anyways - like I said, I wouldn't do the deal either if I was GS. If I was Steph, I'd absolutely want Siakam because he would impact the team by orders of magnitude more than Wiggins. He would make everyones lives easier and most importantly in my eyes, him playing with Dray could really help mold him into a truly elite defensive player.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#263 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:30 pm

10giz wrote:Dragic is a starter on most teams. Forget that, who gives a **** if he's starting or not? This is about having players that will help the team win championships at what's nearing the end of one of the greatest and most influential dynasties ever. Dragic would've arguably been the 3rd best payer on the team last year. He's expiring for 20M with bird rights. Flexibility.

Boucher would have more impact than Wiseman or Oubre did last year. He's super efficient and literally offers skills that no other player does on the team. That's valuable especially on a team like GS that can make players like him even better.

Siakam is 80% of the way through a torn labrum surgery. What's your point? Klay Thompson is too and he's nearly 4 years older. Siakam "poor season" was 22/7/5/1/1...his terrible season is statistically better than any season Klay Thomson has ever had outside of 3s. He has all-nba defensive ability given the opportunity - Wiggins has been awesome but you're talking about a position that is endlessly more abundant. If GS finally made Wiggins look good, what do you think they'll do for Pascal?

Anyways - like I said, I wouldn't do the deal either if I was GS. If I was Steph, I'd absolutely want Siakam because he would impact the team by orders of magnitude more than Wiggins. He would make everyones lives easier and most importantly in my eyes, him playing with Dray could really help mold him into a truly elite defensive player.

Dragic: He'd be a 1 year rental and not worth it.

Boucher: I like him, but he'd be another 1 year rental, and saying he'd be better than Wiseman was last year doesn't really matter since Wiseman will be MUCH better this year.

Siakam: His health and his game are risks. He may never be 100% again, and last year his game fell off. It's projecting a lot to assume he'll be an all-star level performer. Add to that that he plays a position on the Warriors that is filled already so he's a very expensive backup.

I like all 3 players, but ... no.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#264 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:16 pm

IF Bob and Kerr are tired of Draymond's chit after the CHIPS interview
IF Wovles want Simmons bad enough to give up KAT
IF Philly would take on Draymond and future picks

Warriors send Draymond Green, Wiseman, Moody, 2 future #1s
Warriors receive KAT
Philly sends Simmons
Philly receives Draymond, Moody, 2 future #1s
Wolves send KAT
Received Simmons, Wiseman
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#265 » by xdrta+ » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:55 pm

SpreeS wrote:Could it work?

Rondo for Chiozza, Lee, Mulder, Payton? Memphis cleans Rondo salary from their book with all these non guaranteed contracts.

Non-guaranteed salaries don't count for salary matching in trades.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#266 » by wco81 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:29 pm

I would think any trade involving the rookies and Wiseman, the Warriors would prefer to wait to see if any of them show promise.

They can decided by the trade deadline which ones are keepers and which ones have better trade value than they expected.

Philly OTOH probably would want to move Simmons before the season, since it could be a toxic atmosphere in the locker room and between Simmons and Doc Rivers.

Wolves, if they were going to move KAT, would want to move him before the season. However, I don't think they've decided they want to move KAT yet. If they play badly again, then they might decide to rebuild around Antman, be more willing to move KAT then.

But they probably aren't at that point yet.

And Siakam, Toronto would want to move him ASAP but I think teams have to see what he looks like after the surgery.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#267 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:31 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:IF Bob and Kerr are tired of Draymond's chit after the CHIPS interview

Warriors receive KAT
Philly sends Simmons
Wolves send KAT

KAT is a soft defensive liability, and is not a winner in any way. Anyone trading for that guy is going to get a paper Tiger that doesn’t care about winning. We should have zero interest in Karl Anthony-Maggette.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#268 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:01 pm

Coxy wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:IF Bob and Kerr are tired of Draymond's chit after the CHIPS interview

Warriors receive KAT
Philly sends Simmons
Wolves send KAT

KAT is a soft defensive liability, and is not a winner in any way. Anyone trading for that guy is going to get a paper Tiger that doesn’t care about winning. We should have zero interest in Karl Anthony-Maggette.

If we could keep Green and Moody and instead ship out Wiggins (to Philly?), Kuminga, Wiseman, and picks I would do it in 2 seconds lol. KAT is best 3 point shooting center. He's pretty much a splash cousin. I like the new kids too, but Wiseman has a lot to learn still and Kuminga is inefficient and was able to score off of high usage. Not saying he won't be good some day, but if I could get KAT for him then see ya later buddy.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#269 » by shazam_guy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:04 pm

There really are people on this board who would literally trade anything -- or everything -- to get one "star" player. Probably even for Westbrook, but thank God that wasn't on the table.

Trade away the best defensive player on the team, a number two rookie choice, Moody and more futures #1s for KAT? Is this a send-up? A subtle joke that's too subtle for me? I'm astonished by how many people watch basketball like they're putting together an NBA2K22 team.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,176

Post#270 » by Impuniti » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:39 am

shazam_guy wrote:There really are people on this board who would literally trade anything -- or everything -- to get one "star" player. Probably even for Westbrook, but thank God that wasn't on the table.

Trade away the best defensive player on the team, a number two rookie choice, Moody and more futures #1s for KAT? Is this a send-up? A subtle joke that's too subtle for me? I'm astonished by how many people watch basketball like they're putting together an NBA2K22 team.

ILOVEIT has a hardon for trades. If it was up to him, the man would be making 10 trades every offseason. :lol:
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#271 » by and1GS » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:34 pm

We need to re-focus on inconsequential trades to get this thread's mojo back. Mulder for LiAngelo who says no? Who am I kidding...we'd need to throw in a few top 50 protected 2nds to tip the scales.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#272 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:53 pm

Still more Dray talk.
Arlo
Junior
And1: 193

Post#273 » by Arlo » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:52 am

Coxy wrote:
10giz wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Kek. If it came down to just the 4, a fit Siakam starts over Draymond every time...because Dray can still get his 30 minutes and contribute off the bench.

The proposed trade gives us more scoring, more rebounding, a stretchy 5 and vastly improved bench scoring and playmaking.

I wouldn't do it...like I said it would be mortgaging the future, but your take is a laugh.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,040

Post#274 » by Jester_ » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:21 pm

Coxy wrote:

Warriors receive KAT
Philly sends Simmons
Wolves send KAT

To clarify, we should stay away from the big man who drops 27 a game while shooting 40% from deep?
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#275 » by Coxy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:14 am

Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Warriors receive KAT
Philly sends Simmons
Wolves send KAT

To clarify, we should stay away from the big man who drops 27 a game while shooting 40% from deep?

It’s hard for the mentally challenged to get their head around, I understand.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#276 » by shazam_guy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:05 am

We should stay away from trading off the future for a big man who isn't very interested in or good at defense.

Winning championships is not merely about adding on offensive stats.

PS If we were really unlucky, we'd have to take back DLo to sign him.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,040

Post#277 » by Jester_ » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:42 pm

Coxy wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Lol really? So sensitive - I expect better of you.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#278 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:42 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

Yeah, the response was a little over the top. I would be curious to see what Steph/Klay/Wiggins(or a breakout Kuminga)/Draymond/KAT can do.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,363

Post#279 » by GSWFan1994 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Coxy wrote:It’s hard for the mentally challenged to get their head around, I understand.

Nice example of a scarecrow's fallacy, indeed.

Not looking good for you, Coxy.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#280 » by whatisacenter » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:05 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Yeah, the response was a little over the top. I would be curious to see what Steph/Klay/Wiggins(or a breakout Kuminga)/Draymond/KAT can do.

the Wolves don't want to trade Towns after giving up a FRP to pair him with dLo. Maybe if the new ownership group fires Rosas they would go in a new direction but I don't see Towns going anywhere soon.

I would probably be more inclined to see where Steph, Klay, Wiggins and Dray with the youth and depth gets the team before gutting it for a player like Towns who while putting up stats has never been a winning player.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe

Return to Golden State Warriors