Total votes: 28

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Re: 2021 Offseason & Offseason Grades 

Post#1341 » by gambitx777 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:24 am

payitforward wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
payitforward wrote:McBride was absolutely tremendous in the Knicks first 2 SL games. In fairness, he came back down to earth in their 3d game.

For clarity, forget that for the pick that we used on Todd, we could have had both McBride & one of Sharife Cooper or Butler or JT Thor or Queta or Petrisov or... a bunch of other guys who have looked outstanding. Forget all that: if you simply put Isaiah Todd & Miles McBride right next to each other & told me "pick one of them," I'd pick McBride. Without question. Every time.

Doesn't mean Todd won't be terrific. He might be, or he might be a bust.
Can you be a bust at 31 lol.

You can be a bust, yes. You're a bust if a team spends any asset on you, whatever it is, & the asset returns nothing to the team.

But, of course, it's neither fair nor accurate to come to that conclusion about Todd. He hasn't looked good so far. That's as far as it goes.
I just can't consider a second rounder a bust. Like if a second rounder works out them boom fantastic but not matter what it's rare second rounders who overachive end up doing ao on that drafted team. Green and GS comes to mind but other than that I'm sturgling to think of many good examples. Off the top of my head of seconds who reached their peak with the team that drafted them.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1342 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:23 am

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Jarvis Hayes, Chris Singleton, & Dominic McGuire.

Compare any or all to Kispert and/or Todd at the times respectively when drafted,

WERE or are any of those guys busts?

I still have PTSD from Jarvis Hayes doing a spinning fade on ever jumper.
I was pissed the day we drafted him because I saw that at Georgia even though he had a pretty decent three-point percentage he barely took three point shots.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1343 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:25 am

I was super pissed the day we came up with Chris Singleton and one other player who I believe was Jan vesely. Might have also had Booker in the same draft. He turned out really good.

Since not too many people are posting I'm not even going to share what I said the day we drafted Singleton but I remember
Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#1344 » by Kanyewest » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:25 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I was super pissed the day we came up with Chris Singleton and one other player who I believe was Jan vesely. Might have also had Booker in the same draft. He turned out really good.

Since not too many people are posting I'm not even going to share what I said the day we drafted Singleton but I remember

Booker was in the previous draft.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 359

Post#1345 » by Benjammin » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:28 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Jarvis Hayes, Chris Singleton, & Dominic McGuire.

Compare any or all to Kispert and/or Todd at the times respectively when drafted,

WERE or are any of those guys busts?

I still have PTSD from Jarvis Hayes doing a spinning fade on ever jumper.
That's arvis Hayes.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using RealGM mobile app
trast66
Rookie
And1: 611

Post#1346 » by trast66 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:43 pm

trast66 wrote:I think the over/under line will be 37.5 wins. If Brad does not sign extension in October that number will plummet.

Wow I was way too positive. 33.5 at Caesars. Pricing in a Brad trade?
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#1347 » by TGW » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:48 pm

Vegas has no faith in the Wizards, and that is the right call. They still have a leftover for a GM and a new coach. The owner is still a twit. So yea, 33-34 wins sounds about right.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#1348 » by payitforward » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:30 pm

TGW wrote:Vegas has no faith in the Wizards, and that is the right call. They still have a leftover for a GM.... So yea, 33-34 wins sounds about right.

Not far off, to be sure -- but what does the "leftover" GM have to do with it? Isn't it mostly a matter of how good the players are or aren't? Don't those guys play the games that make up our record?

& if the players aren't good enough, well, doesn't that mean we're still waiting on this:
Spoiler:
TGW wrote:There's absolutely going to be a player picked in between #22 and #31 that is better than both Holliday and Todd....

So... TGW, let's have it. Who would it have been? Who was your pick?

Here are your choices:
Isaiah Jackson
Usman Garuba
Josh Christopher
Quentin Grimes
Nah’Shon Hyland
Cameron Thomas
Jaden Springer
Day’Ron Sharpe
Santi Aldama

Which one of those guys is "absolutely going to be a player... better than both Holiday and Todd," TGW?

Can't make the call? Got no idea? Is that it?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#1349 » by doclinkin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:45 pm

payitforward wrote:
TGW wrote:There's absolutely going to be a player picked in between #22 and #31 that is better than both Holliday and Todd....

So... Who would it have been? Who was your pick?

Here are your choices:
Isaiah Jackson
Usman Garuba
Josh Christopher
Quentin Grimes
Nah’Shon Hyland
Cameron Thomas
Jaden Springer
Day’Ron Sharpe
Santi Aldama

Which one ...

If I had to pick one I'd take Jaden Springer.

But I did like Santi Aldama in the draft picks thread:
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 936

Post#1350 » by WallToWall » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:47 pm

TGW wrote:Vegas has no faith in the Wizards, and that is the right call. They still have a leftover for a GM and a new coach. The owner is still a twit. So yea, 33-34 wins sounds about right.

New coach, new players, new system. The virgin quotient is pretty high. Holding out hope that they will overachieve.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#1351 » by doclinkin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:50 pm

I didnt notice the Grizzlies ended up with Santi Aldama. Man, they pick guys I like every year. Drives me batty.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Post#1352 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:57 pm

doclinkin wrote:
payitforward wrote:

Here are your choices:
Isaiah Jackson
Usman Garuba
Josh Christopher
Quentin Grimes
Nah’Shon Hyland
Cameron Thomas
Jaden Springer
Day’Ron Sharpe
Santi Aldama

Which one ...

Not losing sleep over either Springer or Aldama. Am losing sleep over Cooper and McBride.
In Rizzo we trust
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,561

Post#1353 » by pcbothwel » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:31 pm

doclinkin wrote:
payitforward wrote:

Here are your choices:
Isaiah Jackson
Usman Garuba
Josh Christopher
Quentin Grimes
Nah’Shon Hyland
Cameron Thomas
Jaden Springer
Day’Ron Sharpe
Santi Aldama

Which one ...

Agreed Doc. I had Springer and Garuba at the top of my board at 22.
My next group was:
Spoiler:
Butler
Queta
McBride
Wieskamp
Petrusev
JRE
Dosunmu
Herb Jones
Grimes
Christopher
Livers
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#1354 » by dckingsfan » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:36 pm

trast66 wrote:
trast66 wrote:I think the over/under line will be 37.5 wins. If Brad does not sign extension in October that number will plummet.

Wow I was way too positive. 33.5 at Caesars. Pricing in a Brad trade?

I want to start the prediction thread but way too early...
RealGM

Post#1355 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:22 am

payitforward wrote:
TGW wrote:Vegas has no faith in the Wizards, and that is the right call. They still have a leftover for a GM.... So yea, 33-34 wins sounds about right.

Not far off, to be sure -- but what does the "leftover" GM have to do with it? Isn't it mostly a matter of how good the players are or aren't? Don't those guys play the games that make up our record?

& if the players aren't good enough, well, doesn't that mean we're still waiting on this:
Spoiler:

So... TGW, let's have it. Who would it have been? Who was your pick?

Here are your choices:
Isaiah Jackson
Usman Garuba
Josh Christopher
Quentin Grimes
Nah’Shon Hyland
Cameron Thomas
Jaden Springer
Day’Ron Sharpe
Santi Aldama

Which one of those guys is "absolutely going to be a player... better than both Holiday and Todd," TGW?

Can't make the call? Got no idea? Is that it?

I’m still gonna go with the over. I think they’ll win 40 games. At least
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1356 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:24 am

doclinkin wrote:
payitforward wrote:

Here are your choices:
Isaiah Jackson
Usman Garuba
Josh Christopher
Quentin Grimes
Nah’Shon Hyland
Cameron Thomas
Jaden Springer
Day’Ron Sharpe
Santi Aldama

Which one ...

Isaiah Jackson

As Neil Everett likes to say on ESPN if Sam is good the more is better. Isaiah Jackson compares favorably with Daniel Gafford. I knew that before he blocked seven shots in Summer League against Our very own Todd and Kispert. I don’t even care about spacing the floor — I would put Jackson with Gafford.

The other absolutely terrific freshman prospect is Day’Ron Sharpe. He is a beast with a quickness a good shooting touch and an absolute monster on the boards.
Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#1357 » by Kanyewest » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:26 am

Read on Twitter
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1358 » by payitforward » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Well, it was TGW I was hoping to get an answer from. He was critical of the Holiday trade. I was too. & I weighed in on what I would have done instead -- (take Springer) &, for that matter, what I would have done once we'd made the trade (move #31 for #34 & #36).

Just seems to me that if you're going to criticize a move it has to be because a better move was available. In which case, point to that better move. Otherwise, how can anyone understand your criticism?

NBD. If TGW doesn't know what he would have done, there's no point in him making something up after the fact.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#1359 » by Dat2U » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:58 pm

payitforward wrote:Well, it was TGW I was hoping to get an answer from. He was critical of the Holiday trade. I was too. & I weighed in on what I would have done instead -- (take Springer) &, for that matter, what I would have done once we'd made the trade (move #31 for #34 & #36).

Just seems to me that if you're going to criticize a move it has to be because a better move was available. In which case, point to that better move. Otherwise, how can anyone understand your criticism?

NBD. If TGW doesn't know what he would have done, there's no point in him making something up after the fact.

Springer & Cooper. But there were 10-15 guys I'd have taken over Todd who I viewed as a pure project and worthy of a pick in the 40s. I think by the time Todd is decent (if he ever gets there), he'll be on a 2nd deal.

Jackson would have been a fine pick if there was a need at C.

Garuba who I wasn't super high on would have been a much better upside play than Todd.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1360 » by payitforward » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:59 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Happy to have Winston back.

Return to Washington Wizards