ImageImageImage

What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Aug 8, 2021 7:49 am

I think his awareness needs to improve a lot, and you also want to see a guy develop a 3ball eventually, but that's not a big need right now. FTs will be a bit of a concern, but he has improved and the Mavs have good FT shot doctors that might be able to help him out there. He also gets tunnel vision on offense and tries to do more complicated things than he should. I hope he learns from Bobi and just keeps it simple. If he does that, then he can be a highly efficient and even high value player, especially since he's a good rebounder already.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#2 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Aug 8, 2021 9:07 am

;ab_channel=HoopsReference

I'm scouting him more and more and think the Mavs should keep him for sure. They should make Powell and Burke available in a trade for an upgrade. Ideally a guy who can put the ball on the floor and score.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,011

Post#3 » by Mr B » Sun Aug 8, 2021 3:06 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most?

I think his awareness needs to improve a lot, and you also want to see a guy develop a 3ball eventually, but that's not a big need right now. FTs will be a bit of a concern, but he has improved and the Mavs have good FT shot doctors that might be able to help him out there. He also gets tunnel vision on offense and tries to do more complicated things than he should. I hope he learns from Bobi and just keeps it simple. If he does that, then he can be a highly efficient and even high value player, especially since he's a good rebounder already.

I don’t know much about the kid other than he’s a really good rebounder. Without knowing anything about him though, and only knowing what the Mavs need… he needs to work on setting picks. The Mavs are going to have a lot more motion in their offense this season (according to Kidd). Every player including Luka will be playing without the ball more. That means Mavs need guys that can set picks.

Also just like with every young player he needs to work on his J and on his free throw shooting. As a center who’s playing close to the rim he also needs to work on his rim protection and passing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#4 » by Teffer10 » Sun Aug 8, 2021 3:52 pm

Seems like a guy who should watch a lot of Tyson Chandler film.
Probably his best path to make it in this league
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Aug 8, 2021 3:57 pm

Teffer10 wrote:Seems like a guy who should watch a lot of Tyson Chandler film.
Probably his best path to make it in this league

He doesn't have the same kind of athleticism though. He has really good hands, which makes him more comparable to Boban tbh.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#6 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sun Aug 8, 2021 10:57 pm

I’d say he needs more muscle so hitting the weights and bulking up is a good thing plus free throws need improvement and I’d get busy developing a hook shot and work on lateral defense.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,496

Post#7 » by Maverick41 » Mon Aug 9, 2021 12:08 am

I say he needs to improve his jumpshot. Imo right now he's Whiteside-lite. Has uses in some situations but may be unplayable in the playoffs without a jumpshot and at least decent defense.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Aug 9, 2021 12:42 am

Maverick41 wrote:I say he needs to improve his jumpshot. Imo right now he's Whiteside-lite. Has uses in some situations but may be unplayable in the playoffs without a jumpshot and at least decent defense.

His defense is decent already tho tbh.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Aug 9, 2021 12:43 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:I’d say he needs more muscle so hitting the weights and bulking up is a good thing plus free throws need improvement and I’d get busy developing a hook shot and work on lateral defense.

I'm down with that so long as he doesn't lose any mobility. But often times players do lose a step or two when they add muscle.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by SOUNDCHASER » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:47 pm

https://youtu.be/ZXnSOAMR9zA?t=398

poor celtics guy has to be upset that we snaked this guy away from the C's
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#11 » by ejs78 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:17 pm

Do we even know if he'll ever play a game as a Mav?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#12 » by Teffer10 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:23 pm

ejs78 wrote:Do we even know if he'll ever play a game as a Mav?

Yeah, I don't see any way this guy gets an opportunity unless there are major moves and roster changes in the very near future.
Right now he's the backup of a borderline rotational guy (WCS) and an insurance/situational guy (Boban).

Hopefully we'll make some type of trade that involves Powell and then Brown might get a look.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#13 » by BlueSan » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:37 pm

He should get an opportunity
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:24 am

Boban did well in the play offs and I was very surprised he got so much burn but we truly did have a crap rotation last year. I am hoping for a miracle and Brown is maybe a guy you have to hope does well so we have a center other than Boban to rely on because otherwise its a guy like WCS who just did not perform as well as I hoped he would. I am losing patience with his game since he cannot seem to rebound well enough for a big guy. Id be a lot more excited if back in past drafts we had secured either Udoka or Yurtseven then we would have a decent project center with signs of getting some bulk to bang inside against other bigs. At least Moses is able to run and get out to defend after a team is getting a fast break going against us.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#15 » by LAL1947 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:16 pm

Just please try to trade him for Jericho Sims at the earliest. Throw in whatever else is needed. Surely, the ask from the NYKs can't be too high since Sims was drafted a lowly #58??

You can't use someone with Brown's characteristics along with Porzingis or even Markannen (if the Mavs get him). Well, you could.... but why would you?
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:09 pm

remind anyone of anyone you know or see?
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:11 pm

This is who Brown needs to base his game on in terms of copying another persons game they have similar bodies in terms of size and build.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#18 » by ejs78 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:47 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote: This is who Brown needs to base his game on in terms of copying another persons game they have similar bodies in terms of size and build.
Are you Moses Brown?

SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by SOUNDCHASER » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:20 am

Thou shalt have no other Gods before me. Moses will Deliver the Law and you will Rejoice and sin no more before the Lord for it is good that thou shalt be led to the promissed land by Moses.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,362

Post#20 » by Mavrelous » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Don't be breaking any tablets this time Moe.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to Dallas Mavericks