Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 4

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,250

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#901 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:34 am

If the Cavs move on from Sexton, I wonder if Coby + TBJ for Nance entices them. TBJ is the wing help, and Coby is a poorer version of Sexton.

Ball, Ayo
Lavine, Caruso
Derozen, Pat
Pat, Nance
Vucevic, Nance, Bradley

Maybe the Bulls can do Lauri for a future 1st and a bench guard for depth.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#902 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:09 am

Markannen + Green for Nance Jr.
DozenRoses
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#903 » by DozenRoses » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:19 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:If the Cavs move on from Sexton, I wonder if Coby + TBJ for Nance entices them. TBJ is the wing help, and Coby is a poorer version of Sexton.

Ball, Ayo
Lavine, Caruso
Derozen, Pat
Pat, Nance
Vucevic, Nance, Bradley

I'd be cool with this.
Garage Gym Lifestyle. Please help a fellow Bulls fan with my garage gym workouts hobby, and give me a subscribe on YouTube 8-)
https://youtube.com/c/LMZFitnessGarageGym
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#904 » by BullChit » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:33 am

DozenRoses wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:If the Cavs move on from Sexton, I wonder if Coby + TBJ for Nance entices them. TBJ is the wing help, and Coby is a poorer version of Sexton.

Ball, Ayo
Lavine, Caruso
Derozen, Pat
Pat, Nance
Vucevic, Nance, Bradley

I'd be cool with this.

So Pat plays 48 minutes?
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#905 » by sco » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:04 pm

BullChit wrote:
DozenRoses wrote:

Ball, Ayo
Lavine, Caruso
Derozen, Pat
Pat, Nance
Vucevic, Nance, Bradley

I'd be cool with this.

So Pat plays 48 minutes?

If we need to trade TBJ to get Nance, and that seems like a fair deal, I think it puts us in essentially the same place, just shifting the hole from PF to SF. We'd still have Green, but I'm not doing it. For Green, sure, but not TBJ. And I really like Nance.
:clap:
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#906 » by BullChit » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:19 pm

sco wrote:
BullChit wrote:
DozenRoses wrote:
I'd be cool with this.

So Pat plays 48 minutes?

If we need to trade TBJ to get Nance, and that seems like a fair deal, I think it puts us in essentially the same place, just shifting the hole from PF to SF. We'd still have Green, but I'm not doing it. For Green, sure, but not TBJ. And I really like Nance.

That's precisely where I land on it to and I too am a fan of Nance
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
sco
RealGM

Post#907 » by sco » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:26 pm

BullChit wrote:
sco wrote:
BullChit wrote:
So Pat plays 48 minutes?

That's precisely where I land on it to and I too am a fan of Nance

I wonder if Ayo might be more enticing to CLE than Coby?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#908 » by ChettheJet » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:05 pm

sco wrote:I wonder if Ayo might be more enticing to CLE than Coby?

If I was a CLE fan I would sure hope management would be smart enough to value a guy who started at PG for an NBA team for a full season over a 2nd round pick who had a great summer league game.

Sure Nance wold fill just the need the Bulls have, but CLE actually likes him or they could have dealt him any time in the past 3 years. The olny way to get a player of that caliber is as part of a Markkanen deal and the team's he imagines are waiting for him don't seem inclined to do any huge favor for the Bulls. Otherwise trading White dilutes the backcourt by removing a bonafide scorer and they cost plenty to replace
sco
RealGM

Post#909 » by sco » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:40 pm

ChettheJet wrote:
sco wrote:I wonder if Ayo might be more enticing to CLE than Coby?

If I was a CLE fan I would sure hope management would be smart enough to value a guy who started at PG for an NBA team for a full season over a 2nd round pick who had a great summer league game.

Sure Nance wold fill just the need the Bulls have, but CLE actually likes him or they could have dealt him any time in the past 3 years. The olny way to get a player of that caliber is as part of a Markkanen deal and the team's he imagines are waiting for him don't seem inclined to do any huge favor for the Bulls. Otherwise trading White dilutes the backcourt by removing a bonafide scorer and they cost plenty to replace

I get your point on Coby vs. Ayo, but Coby seems redundant with Sexton (but sure if Sexton were also traded elsewhere).

I meant that Lauri would also be part of the deal...thanks for clarifying for me.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#910 » by kodo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:32 pm

I don't think we're touching Sexton for the exact same reason CLE was trying to trade him...he needs be paid a huge contract. He's a 24 ppg scorer that creates his own shot, in just his 3rd season, and has a good 3P (37%), he's going to be looking for a huge payday. Most people think he's asking for minimum $100M, I assume over 4 years.

We let a player go that's a perfect fit for the needs of this team (defensive PF) over $8M per year. Sexton's role is the position we need the least backup, Lavine's. I would think we're one of the last teams in the league to consider giving him a huge contract.
sco
RealGM

Post#911 » by sco » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:57 am

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/basketball/nba/player-news

Memphis forwards Dillon Brooks and Kyle Anderson are reportedly available on the trade market for the "right price" according to Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com.
The Grizzlies will have 18 guaranteed contracts once their trade with Minnesota is completed (Patrick Beverley for Jarrett Culver and Juancho Hernangomez), so something has to give. Brooks is under contract for two more years, while Anderson is on an expiring $9.9M deal. Both players had significant roles as the Grizzlies claimed the final playoff spot in 2020-21, but Memphis seems to be banking on internal improvement from guys like Jaren Jackson Jr., Xavier Tillman, Brandon Clarke, De'Anthony Melton and Desmond Bane which makes those two veterans expendable.

I am a big Brooks fan.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,380

Post#912 » by drosestruts » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:39 pm

sco wrote:https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/basketball/nba/player-news

Memphis forwards Dillon Brooks and Kyle Anderson are reportedly available on the trade market for the "right price" according to Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com.
The Grizzlies will have 18 guaranteed contracts once their trade with Minnesota is completed (Patrick Beverley for Jarrett Culver and Juancho Hernangomez), so something has to give. Brooks is under contract for two more years, while Anderson is on an expiring $9.9M deal. Both players had significant roles as the Grizzlies claimed the final playoff spot in 2020-21, but Memphis seems to be banking on internal improvement from guys like Jaren Jackson Jr., Xavier Tillman, Brandon Clarke, De'Anthony Melton and Desmond Bane which makes those two veterans expendable.

I am a big Brooks fan.

I don't think they move Brooks, he's been good for them and is on a good deal. A Lauri for Anderson and Clarke deal though would be very intriguing to me
sco
RealGM

Post#913 » by sco » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:49 pm

drosestruts wrote:

I am a big Brooks fan.

I don't think they move Brooks, he's been good for them and is on a good deal. A Lauri for Anderson and Clarke deal though would be very intriguing to me

I don't think they want Lauri, but I'd do that deal is a second.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#914 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:01 pm

drosestruts wrote:

I am a big Brooks fan.

You'd be lucky to get one of those guys and filler IMO.
terry
Senior
And1: 268

Post#915 » by terry » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:19 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

I am a big Brooks fan.

Kyle Anderson and Rondo for Markkanen?
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,380

Post#916 » by drosestruts » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:36 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

I am a big Brooks fan.

Grizzlies are at 18 guaranteed contracts. They need to make some moves to get down to 15.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#917 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:46 pm

drosestruts wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

Grizzlies are at 18 guaranteed contracts. They need to make some moves to get down to 15.

While that’s true, that doesn’t make them any more interested in a particular deal, as they likely have a hundred different ways to get to 15.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#918 » by erlim » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:35 am

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/waddle-silvy/id1482801842

At about 7 minutes in Charles Barkley says the Bulls have had the best off season in the NBA and tells Waddle and Silvy that he will be absolutely stunned if they don't make the playoffs.
suursahuri
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#919 » by suursahuri » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:29 pm

erlim wrote:https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/waddle-silvy/id1482801842

At about 7 minutes in Charles Barkley says the Bulls have had the best off season in the NBA and tells Waddle and Silvy that he will be absolutely stunned if they don't make the playoffs.

Sh*t, that's not a good sign at all.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#920 » by ChettheJet » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:49 pm

terry wrote:
Kyle Anderson and Rondo for Markkanen?

That half solves the Bulls PF need, Anderson is very similar to P Williams as a 3/4 but they still need a 4/5.

What sinks the trade is Rondo. What in the heck do they do with him? They start Ball who really is good enough to not need a mentor and check the Bulls staff, Mo Cheeks assistant coach, he knows a thing or two about PG play. They just signed Caruso to a 3 year contract, they still have last year's starting PG Coby White on a rookie contract, they resigned Javonte Green for 2 years, they must like Devon Dotson to have resigned him. 6 weeks ago this would have been a pretty good deal for the Bulls but today, it doesn't fly at all.

Return to Chicago Bulls