Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 4

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,582

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#921 » by Dez » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:23 am

ChettheJet wrote:
terry wrote:
Kyle Anderson and Rondo for Markkanen?

That half solves the Bulls PF need, Anderson is very similar to P Williams as a 3/4 but they still need a 4/5.

What sinks the trade is Rondo. What in the heck do they do with him? They start Ball who really is good enough to not need a mentor and check the Bulls staff, Mo Cheeks assistant coach, he knows a thing or two about PG play. They just signed Caruso to a 3 year contract, they still have last year's starting PG Coby White on a rookie contract, they resigned Javonte Green for 2 years, they must like Devon Dotson to have resigned him. 6 weeks ago this would have been a pretty good deal for the Bulls but today, it doesn't fly at all.

In that scenario you just waive Rondo.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#922 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:11 am

Rondo retires and joins HCS. :D
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach

Post#923 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:15 am

drosestruts wrote:
sco wrote:https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/basketball/nba/player-news

Memphis forwards Dillon Brooks and Kyle Anderson are reportedly available on the trade market for the "right price" according to Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com.
The Grizzlies will have 18 guaranteed contracts once their trade with Minnesota is completed (Patrick Beverley for Jarrett Culver and Juancho Hernangomez), so something has to give. Brooks is under contract for two more years, while Anderson is on an expiring $9.9M deal. Both players had significant roles as the Grizzlies claimed the final playoff spot in 2020-21, but Memphis seems to be banking on internal improvement from guys like Jaren Jackson Jr., Xavier Tillman, Brandon Clarke, De'Anthony Melton and Desmond Bane which makes those two veterans expendable.

I am a big Brooks fan.

I don't think they move Brooks, he's been good for them and is on a good deal. A Lauri for Anderson and Clarke deal though would be very intriguing to me

No way you get them both for Lauri lol, maybe Clarke, maybe..
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#924 » by qianlong » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:28 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
sco wrote:https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/basketball/nba/player-news

I am a big Brooks fan.

I don't think they move Brooks, he's been good for them and is on a good deal. A Lauri for Anderson and Clarke deal though would be very intriguing to me

If we can somehow get Clarke then we should. Maybe Coby for Clarke and UTA or LAL pick.
Ball don't lie
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,220

Post#925 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:16 am

qianlong wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

If we can somehow get Clarke then we should. Maybe Coby for Clarke and UTA or LAL pick.

Coby for Clarke would be great. Part of me wants to be greedy and try TBJ and a couple 2nds, but I think Memphis probably scoffs.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
CaPiTanAK
Pro Prospect
And1: 435

Post#926 » by CaPiTanAK » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:33 am

One player that I hope AKME is looking at is Marvin Bagley from the Kings. I’m still high on his NBA potential and he’s a potential target who could be acquired for cheap at the moment while solving our pf hole. Coby White and a second rounder might get it done. We could potential find a long term answer at pf or get out Coby White contract a year sooner.
Salo23
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#927 » by Salo23 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:04 am

CaPiTanAK wrote:One player that I hope AKME is looking at is Marvin Bagley from the Kings. I’m still high on his NBA potential and he’s a potential target who could be acquired for cheap at the moment while solving our pf hole. Coby White and a second rounder might get it done. We could potential find a long term answer at pf or get out Coby White contract a year sooner.

I think a Coby White for Marvin Bagley deal makes sense if the following happens…

1) Sac trades Fox in a deal for Ben Simmons
2) Sac gets out of Buddy Hield’s contract as part of the Simmons deal or in a separate transaction

With Fox and Hield out of the rotation Coby definitely makes sense for Sac, especially playing alongside Simmons/Haliburton/Mitchell.
We are missing a lot of layups right now as a team, and that is on me... It’s my job to make sure we’re ready to make our layups." - Thibodeau.
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#928 » by TyrusRose2425 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:07 am

Anybody know how Jonathan Isaac did covering defensively for Vuc? Could there be anything there for a potential deadline trade? What about Jaren Jackson Jr?
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach

Post#929 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:13 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
qianlong wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:

Coby for Clarke would be great. Part of me wants to be greedy and try TBJ and a couple 2nds, but I think Memphis probably scoffs.

But why would Memphis give up on Clarke?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#930 » by sco » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:48 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/16-guaranteed-contracts-celtics-player-172234612.html

Any ideas here - No Dunn or Parker, but others are interesting.
:clap:
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,515

Post#931 » by Andi Obst » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:33 pm

sco wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/16-guaranteed-contracts-celtics-player-172234612.html

Any ideas here - No Dunn or Parker, but others are interesting.

Weird article. Parker is basically completely non-guaranteed, which is even mentioned in the article, so the whole "the Celtics have too many players" point isn’t even a real thing. The Celtics also just signed Kanter and can’t just trade him right now.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#932 » by ChettheJet » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:04 pm

Since the Bulls traded Carter jr I've liked the idea of trading for Bagley. They were too similar to play together but paired with Vucevic and DeRozan/Williams/Green I think his inside play and lack of a 3pt shot works well. For whatever reason he's seen as not living up to expectations in SAC but if he could do what he's done there coming off the bench for the Bulls, he'd be a contributor. It's basically taking a one year gamble on him, maybe he becomes a RFA maybe he wants to stay.

if SAC made the deal for Simmons, adding him to Mitchell and Haliburton would seem to not have enough minutes for 4 guards. They would actually do well to take Derrick Jones jr to fill the SF position, even better that he's an expiring contract so they could add someone the following summer rather than White looking for an extension

TyrusRose2425 wrote:Anybody know how Jonathan Isaac did covering defensively for Vuc? Could there be anything there for a potential deadline trade? What about Jaren Jackson Jr?

The Bulls have a great insight into what any ORL player is worth, they just ask Vucevic. Which could explain why they haven't traded for any other ORL players
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#933 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:23 pm

Read on Twitter

@JakeLFischer: One suitor to keep an eye on, sources said, should DeAndre Jordan and the Brooklyn Nets reach a contract buyout: the Los Angeles Lakers.

Ok, call me a hater, but I think this Lakers offseason has been greatly overrated.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,515

Post#934 » by Andi Obst » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:27 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:Ok, call me a hater, but I think this Lakers offseason has been greatly overrated.

Wait...is this controversial? People (I mean non-Lakers people) like the Lakers offseason?
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#935 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:29 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:Ok, call me a hater, but I think this Lakers offseason has been greatly overrated.

Wait...is this controversial? People (I mean non-Lakers people) like the Lakers offseason?

Yes, I believe the prevailing sentiment over national media is something like neutral to good.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#936 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:31 pm

Also, I kinda want this Jordan thing to be true. Maybe they'll eventually play AD at the 2 alongside LeBron, Gasol, Howard and Jordan.
"See, you don't have to play at the 5, you're now a guard!"
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#937 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter

@ChrisBHaynes: Free agent guard Darren Collison will work out for the Golden State Warriors this week, league sources tell @YahooSports.

Remember when signing Darren Collison was supposed to be our entire free agency? :lol:
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#938 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter

@wojespn: Rajon Rondo plans to sign a one-year, $2.6M deal with the Lakers upon clearing waivers today, sources tell ESPN. He agreed to a contract buyout with Memphis on Saturday. Rondo will still make his full $7.5M salary this season between buyout and new deal. https://t.co/ehFzHb6pVC

Do the agents now have Woj's password to write the entire tweets or do they "only" dictate the messages word by word?
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#939 » by d boy gentleman » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:45 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

@JakeLFischer: One suitor to keep an eye on, sources said, should DeAndre Jordan and the Brooklyn Nets reach a contract buyout: the Los Angeles Lakers.

Ok, call me a hater, but I think this Lakers offseason has been greatly overrated.

I thought that Rondo was their last roster spot...guess I was wrong
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#940 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:28 pm

Had an idea of a possible deadline move if AKME still feels like they still need a little extra for a playoff push

Rockets trade
Eric Gordon
Daniel House

Bulls Trade
Coby
Troy Brown
Derrick Jones

Houston gets off Gordon's money for next year and he doesn't fit their timeline/is hurt often. House is probably leaving as FA anyway and they get to take a flier on Coby's fit with their young core

Return to Chicago Bulls