ImageImageImage

Welcome Shake Milton

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,532

Re: Welcome Shake Milton 

Post#461 » by 76ciology » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:21 am

DCasey91 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Miltons pts per 36 at age 23 and 24 are similar to CJ McCullom.

Beyond stats, Milton we all know can sulk and trudge his feet.

I like him as a sixth man, or a closer if he’s hot or and feeling it.

Thing is Maxey might surpass him. Alternatively he could be get run on the wing (skip ahead of Kork) but must be feeling the rock.

He loves to have the ball in his hands and score which is fine if Doc doubled down on it, but Doc is Doc.

I think he struggles when he’s asks to be a primary scorer off the bench. He has a dribbling skill of a power forward for me. He can only do straight line dribble. He maybe a lot better playing with Maxey. Think of the CP3-Booker dynamics with Maxey as CP3 and Milton as Booker.

Doc can also just run the same stuffs he run with CP3-JJ back then.

Hopefully Milton-Maxey becomes a powerful duo. That we can combine our big 3 (cute big 3 :lol: ) of Tobi-Biid-Ben with the Milton-Maxey duo to end games.

I like this 5 man unit to end games.

Maxey
Milton
Tobi
Ben
Biid

Ben would then be surrounded by scorers WHO CAN SHOOT, so there wont be pressure for him to score. While he does all the draymond green things like setting illegal screens, pushing transition, opportunistic scoring and making high impact on defense.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#462 » by TTP » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:34 am

Let's be real here. The game where Shake went off for 39 vs the Clippers was probably the first time Doc ever saw Shake. Shake was taking step back 3s, beating Kawhi off the dribble, using his wingspan to generate steals into a ferocious transition poster dunk. That game was probably the best on-ball scoring game we've had from a perimeter player in a while and it was Doc's first impression of Shake.

We know how important first impressions are and how much they influence the way someone might view another person. No doubt Doc had that game in the back of his mind when he put Shake in to spark things in Game 7.

That's why I wouldn't be surprised if Shake still ends up with a decent role. Doc's seen Shake's best and probably wants to unlock it again.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#463 » by DCasey91 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:40 am

76ciology wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Miltons pts per 36 at age 23 and 24 are similar to CJ McCullom.

Beyond stats, Milton we all know can sulk and trudge his feet.

I like him as a sixth man, or a closer if he’s hot or and feeling it.

Thing is Maxey might surpass him. Alternatively he could be get run on the wing (skip ahead of Kork) but must be feeling the rock.

He loves to have the ball in his hands and score which is fine if Doc doubled down on it, but Doc is Doc.

I think he struggles when he’s asks to be a primary scorer off the bench. He has a dribbling skill of a power forward for me. He can only do straight line dribble. He maybe a lot better playing with Maxey. Think of the CP3-Booker dynamics with Maxey as CP3 and Milton as Booker.

Doc can also just run the same stuffs he run with CP3-JJ back then.

Hopefully Milton-Maxey becomes a powerful duo. That we can combine our big 3 (cute big 3 :lol: ) of Tobi-Biid-Ben with the Milton-Maxey duo to end games.

I like this 5 man unit to end games.

Maxey
Milton
Tobi
Ben
Biid

Ben would then be surrounded by scorers WHO CAN SHOOT, so there wont be pressure for him to score. While he does all the draymond green things like setting illegal screens, pushing transition, opportunistic scoring and making high impact on defense.

Yeah or Curry as the release valve if one of the kids are cold. It’s just with the pecking order Maxey/Milton could lose value with Embiid/Harris as the seniors. I just want one or both wave it it off as the iso scorer like my man you know I can score let me do my thing lol

Ben gets to do Ben things that’s all good.

All three needs to synch better on the inside. All are at fault in my view. I have a ton of saved games on file. It’s not just Ben, it’s on Doc too I may add.

We should be chucking a lot more lobs and post/roll man playmaking Ben on the blocks. 2 inside not three is better. Backcuts for Ben because he can’t shoot but the other two can. He knows how to back or cut with guards though.

Embiid should learn to open up plays more, does have serious tunnel vision sometimes and also can lack nuance when off ball. Little things

Same is said for the other two btw.

Biggest thing is I don’t like is all three have a tendency to move away from the ball from a broken down offensive set once they made the kick out pass. It should really be forward as the screener to produce fallback space for more operation.

Anyway besides the point. Shake is fine hopefully he gets his 3ball back and Maxey improves (feet position closer is the key indicator, Thybulle is wrist exactly like Green’s is).
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,739

Post#464 » by phillynative » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:04 am

I wonder if he can add anything to his game.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#465 » by sixers hoops » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:47 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:Doc lost confidence in him and went away from him way too early when he had a tough stretch and Shake never really recovered from it.

It’s weird though because Milton blitzed a game when we needed it badly, then game 7 we were up 4 with 7 to go when Shake finally got a go after half and running our best lineup with actual action aplenty. In that game thread I was dismayed that Milton didn’t even see the court prior.

But Doc had small gonads and put Curry back in (nepotism), the ranga went off and that was all she wrote.

If you have the momentum ride it. When you’re enemy makes a mistake do nothing. Nate didn’t make a move just went with the flow when we blundered it.

I think Curry earned playing time, but Shake should have gotten more opportunities over George Hill or Korkmaz. They had Hill off-the-ball with Maxey. And while Hill is traditionally a very good three point shooter, it wasn’t there for us. And Danny Green got hurt, and he still barely got minutes. Or they could have moved Thybulle to the four sometimes and played Shake and Korkmaz. Now we have a much better PF option than Mike Scott, but last year, they could’ve went small more. I don’t think Shake automatically deserved major rotation minutes, but they could have gotten him on the floor much more considering he has a skillset they need.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#466 » by sixers hoops » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:48 pm

phillynative wrote:I wonder if he can add anything to his game.

The better he can defend, the more he can stay on the floor.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Post#467 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:20 pm

zaz102 wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:Doc lost confidence in him and went away from him way too early when he had a tough stretch and Shake never really recovered from it.
Shake was shook

Shake is a rhythm player from everything I have seen. He never even truly got the opportunity to find one in the postseason. He had the game 2 against the Hawks and that was it. At the first glimpse of struggle, Doc went away from him and he did so in place of George Hill who did absolutely nothing for us besides hit a three pointer in that same game 2 that we won. It was a bad move on Docs part to not stick with Milton. I do think that Curry playing as well as he did had a lot to do with it though. Curry was on fire the entire playoffs and you can't go away from that when it's working. I just didn't like that he was using Hill over him and that he was on such a short leash. Shake was clearly frustrated by the whole thing. With all that said, Shake has to become a better defender if he wants to be a starter or stay on the floor more. It's as simple as that. I think all the other skills are there for him to be a great scoring guard. He doesn't need to be a point guard though, I don't see that. To me he's another Lou Williams type.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#468 » by Arsenal » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:02 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

It’s weird though because Milton blitzed a game when we needed it badly, then game 7 we were up 4 with 7 to go when Shake finally got a go after half and running our best lineup with actual action aplenty. In that game thread I was dismayed that Milton didn’t even see the court prior.

But Doc had small gonads and put Curry back in (nepotism), the ranga went off and that was all she wrote.

If you have the momentum ride it. When you’re enemy makes a mistake do nothing. Nate didn’t make a move just went with the flow when we blundered it.

I think Curry earned playing time, but Shake should have gotten more opportunities over George Hill or Korkmaz. They had Hill off-the-ball with Maxey. And while Hill is traditionally a very good three point shooter, it wasn’t there for us. And Danny Green got hurt, and he still barely got minutes. Or they could have moved Thybulle to the four sometimes and played Shake and Korkmaz. Now we have a much better PF option than Mike Scott, but last year, they could’ve went small more. I don’t think Shake automatically deserved major rotation minutes, but they could have gotten him on the floor much more considering he has a skillset they need.

The Hill trade was a total miss. Burning picks for a guy who was totally washed. If Milton got all of Hill's minutes we would have been better off.

Morey is great but he ain't perfect.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,739

Post#469 » by phillynative » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:34 pm

sixers hoops wrote:

His tools are interesting. He has a 7ft wingspan that can contest shots but he lacks strength and spped to consistently stay with guards and wings. He has 3 level scorer potential but his 3 pt shot is inconsistent and his handles are average for a on ball guard.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#470 » by sixers hoops » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:24 pm

phillynative wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

His tools are interesting. He has a 7ft wingspan that can contest shots but he lacks strength and spped to consistently stay with guards and wings. He has 3 level scorer potential but his 3 pt shot is inconsistent and his handles are average for a on ball guard.

In three year shooting the college three, he was 42% or better. He rookie year was spotty minutes, he shot 14 for 44. Last season again over 42%. And this season 35%.

I thought he was going to be a regular 40%+ guy from three, but last season threw some questions at that projection. I still think he has a high ceiling as a shooter, both from mid-range and three. His ball handling and ability to get to the hoop would be bonus.

I think the re-signing of Korkmaz makes Shake expendable, as Arsenal said, if you’re not playing a potentially valuable piece, consolidate him in a trade since we have a lot of competing young bench players. However, I really think he should be a frontrunner to be in the rotation, but Doc likely doesn’t see it that way.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#471 » by DCasey91 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:12 pm

I think Korkmaz is the expendable piece. Milton obviously has more strings to his bow and Joe I believe is looking to take Korkmaz’s role.

Milton with his 3ball back up % wise is a fine as a 6th man.

Doc needs to ride the hot hand more and rotate the bench and starters when it’s not working, we are not that good to keep cold players on the floor. That’s where pre planned mins goes out the window (Brown had the same problem).

It’s randomized who will go off.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#472 » by sixers4real » Sun Nov 7, 2021 11:41 am

We haven’t talked about Shake Milton since the end of August.

Since his return from injury, we haven’t lost a game, 6-0.

To me, the underrated part of all this consecutive wins is having multiple guards that can create, shoot and score.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,901

Post#473 » by mjkvol » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:18 pm

sixers4real wrote:We haven’t talked about Shake Milton since the end of August.

To me, the underrated part of all this consecutive wins is having multiple guards that can create, shoot and score.

The best thing is how Shake seems to have lost the timidness he so often had. He appears unleashed in this offense and is showing an aggressiveness with the ball we've only seen flashes of before.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#474 » by blargh » Sun Nov 7, 2021 7:52 pm

sixers4real wrote:We haven’t talked about Shake Milton since the end of August.

Also, it’s having multiple players (not just guards) who can bring the ball up the floor. When Shake was asked to play lead guard, other teams what just sic their best perimeter defender to press him, and his handles arent good enough for that. Now they can’t key in on a single guy.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,049

Post#475 » by Murray_17 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 3:03 am

I'll still trade Shake tbf.

His 3 point shot is kind of broken, he's shooting around the average on low volume. He's been super good, the muscle he put on has helped his pentetration game, and we have not lost since he came back to the line up, but what that prove is that we need more players that can penetrate and create off the dribble.

The issue is, Shake abilities without an above 3 point shot overlap too much with Maxey, to the point line ups with both of them tend to diminish the other one. I'll also think he's too much of a high variance player to trust him, he's playing well right now but when he looses a bit of confidence seeing him play is just brutal.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#476 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:15 am

Shake Milton’s last 4 games:

27 PTS, 6 REB, 2 AST, 66% FG
16 PTS, 6 REB, 5 AST, 50% FG
22 PTS, 7 REB, 9 AST, 56% FG
24 PTS, 9 REB, 10 AST, 54% FG

If you can’t have a career best year with Doc, there’s something wrong with you. Or maybe its just a back injury
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#477 » by sixers hoops » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:49 pm

76ciology wrote:Shake Milton’s last 4 games:

If you can’t have a career best year with Doc, there’s something wrong with you. Or maybe its just a back injury

Whatever it is, he all-of-a-sudden can shoot again.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#478 » by HardenGoat » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:27 am

sixers hoops wrote:

Whatever it is, he all-of-a-sudden can shoot again.

He has built up his confidence. It’s showing in all facets of his game. Doc has to use the bench depth now, this is not a fluke.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#479 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:26 am

Shake Milton’s last 5 games:

29 PTS, 5 REB, 7 AST, 77% FG
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Post#480 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:29 am

76ciology wrote:

Shake Milton’s last 5 games:

29 PTS, 5 REB, 7 AST, 77% FG

These are all star numbers. Not sure how sustainable it would be over a full season as a starter, but I'm also not sure what else we can ask of him. We're winning games too. Not bad at all, talk about a redemption run for him. He's on one.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers