ImageImageImage

Nerlens Noel's lawsuit v. Rich Paul

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Re: Nerlens Noel's lawsuit v. Rich Paul 

Post#21 » by Eyeamok » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:43 pm

cool93 wrote:It's not about Mavs offer. Some of you clearly didn't read the source.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app

You are right it's not about the Mavs offer...but if he had taken the Mavs offer he would not be in this situation right now.
And he is trying to recoup money from Rich Paul that is still less than the Mavs contract.

I recall an interview someone did with Nerlens mother when then Mavs offer was on the table she said something to the effect of. We don't want the Max we just want a little more what is fair. :lol:

Attorney's fees time effort and probably a settlement and you (Nerlens) still won't make back the sure thing that was the Mavs offer. Somewhere Happy Walters is just shaking his head and Mark Cuban is like wow I dodged a bullet with that contract.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#22 » by Arsenal » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:24 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:IDK if anyone else has been following this but the 76ers factor prominently in this.

Not to sound hyperbolic but this was somewhat franchise altering for us. I remember the 76ers signing Noel seemed like a done deal by all reports. Noel himself was dropping tons of hints that he was coming back on social media iirc. Next thing you know we are saddled with the decaying corpse of Al Horford.

I hope Nerlens absolutely wins. Paul is likely a fiduciary and his only damn job is to take and present offers to his clients. Unfortunately, Paul is a scumbag and doesn't seem to serve anyone under the superstar level. Also, I love that your friend and mine, Brett Brown, blew the whistle on this.

https://www.si.com/nba/76ers/news/former-sixers-coach-brett-brown-nerlens-noel-agent
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2947770-how-nerlens-noel-rich-paul-lawsuit-could-change-nba-agent-landscape

It appears that Rich Paul and Klutch committed gross negligence in their fiduciary duties toward their client.

Players would be foolish to ignore this going forward.

And now Zach LaVine seems to wants to sign with them. You can't make this stuff up.

Zach LaVine isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,767

Post#23 » by HotelVitale » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:34 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
Arsenal wrote: It appears that Rich Paul and Klutch committed gross negligence in their fiduciary duties toward their client. Players would be foolish to ignore this going forward.
And now Zach LaVine seems to wants to sign with them. You can't make this stuff up.
Zach LaVine isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Meh, Lavine will be fine, as are most of Klutch's clients. In some ways it seems like being an agent is a job that requires you to be aggressive and nothing more: you call everyone and pitch your client like crazy, then leverage people against each other to get your client the highest offer. It's probably not an easy job--all that relationship-building and pushing sounds stressful--but it's straightforward, especially given how much you get paid.

Noel was a weird situation where things went catastrophically badly, and I'm not all that surprised Klutch wasn't good in that situation. I deal with a lot of people whose job it is to be nothing but aggressive (work in politics) and they're good and even impressively talented at being the lost and most insistent voice on something, but they often can't handle it when things don't work out. They just move on to the next thing, distance themselves from the losing effort. I don't know if that's what happened with Noel for real, but it'd fit a pattern I'm familiar with if they did.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,984

Post#24 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:27 pm

Zach is a max guy so unless he has a situation where he suffers some sort of catastrophic injury he is set

Anyone could do his deal
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#25 » by Eyeamok » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:20 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:Zach is a max guy so unless he has a situation where he suffers some sort of catastrophic injury he is set

Anyone could do his deal

Even Embiid :D
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers