ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,631

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1801 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:31 pm

I was already on board to trade Lindor and not bring Baez back. Nothing's there has changed for me. The only guy who gets pass is Pillar. He took a fastball to the face.
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,548

Post#1802 » by mpharris36 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:03 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:I was already on board to trade Lindor and not bring Baez back. Nothing's there has changed for me. The only guy who gets pass is Pillar. He took a fastball to the face.

Nimmo and Alonso have at least put up seasons close to there careers. And Degrom is degrom and he's just hurt.

I also haven't had an issue with Stroman or Diaz or most of the bullpen this year they have performed pretty well.

Its mostly the set a few hitters that haven't done jack ****. Lindor/Conforto/McNeil/Dom were suppose to be locks to having good seasons. JD Davis to a lesser extent but he was always a fringe starter type to me.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1803 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:30 am

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I was already on board to trade Lindor and not bring Baez back. Nothing's there has changed for me. The only guy who gets pass is Pillar. He took a fastball to the face.

Nimmo and Alonso have at least put up seasons close to there careers. And Degrom is degrom and he's just hurt.

I also haven't had an issue with Stroman or Diaz or most of the bullpen this year they have performed pretty well.

Its mostly the set a few hitters that haven't done jack ****. Lindor/Conforto/McNeil/Dom were suppose to be locks to having good seasons. JD Davis to a lesser extent but he was always a fringe starter type to me.

Not to mention the entire coaching staff (except Hefner) and front office. But Lindor and Baez giving the fans “the finger” should mean a ticket out of NY. We can’t tolerate that. Lindor is a clown.
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1804 » by mpharris36 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:33 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Not to mention the entire coaching staff (except Hefner) and front office. But Lindor and Baez giving the fans “the finger” should mean a ticket out of NY. We can’t tolerate that. Lindor is a clown.

Lindor is a unmovable contract, so we better hope he turns it around. For everyone sake.

ROSTER

Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,061

Post#1805 » by Jeffrey » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:25 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:I'm ready for the offseason. Anyone have their fantasy offseason out right now?

Get rid of....

I agree. Our doctors or culture is a disaster. Every year we must be in the top 10 in # of players in the majors.

Then we have some of the most mind-boggling hitters that can bring in runs. I think the last 3 years its been home runs or nothing. This might mean trading DeGrom to recoup our prospects back from the last few years.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,061

Post#1806 » by Jeffrey » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:28 am

mpharris36 wrote:

The names you listed.. we were hoping for 2 out of 4 to just do their season average.

I want to look at some perspective here... do we give Rojas a pass because 1) he did a tremendous job with some players that shouldn't be in the majors before the All-Star break 2) injuries after injuries.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1807 » by mpharris36 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:31 am

Jeffrey wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

The names you listed.. we were hoping for 2 out of 4 to just do their season average.

I want to look at some perspective here... do we give Rojas a pass because 1) he did a tremendous job with some players that shouldn't be in the majors before the All-Star break 2) injuries after injuries.

Rojas was probaby getting fired even if they made the playoffs. He is a lame duck manager. They had the chance to extend Rojas before the season so he didn't have a 1 year contract and didn't...that is how much they think of Rojas.

And they will use Rojas firing as one of the changes in the offseason since they can't get rid of all the players (even though they probably should get rid of a majority of them).

Also getting a POBO is the #1 priority so Sandy can stop makin decisions. And put Zack Scott back in the right role.

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1808 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:56 pm

This won’t end well

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1809 » by mpharris36 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:49 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:This won’t end well

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter

baseball folks

ROSTER

knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Post#1810 » by knickabocker88 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:59 pm

You keep players who have attitudes like Baez.

The fallout reminds me when Omar ran the Mets and small but loud portion of the fan base went all "the Mets have to many Latino players" when the Delgado's and the Reyes' of the world were a big part of the success.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1811 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:58 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:This won’t end well

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter

baseball folks

:lol: I should’ve known better. Max out Baez.

Free Palestine
dmzed
Sophomore
And1: 143

Post#1812 » by dmzed » Wed Sep 1, 2021 8:51 pm

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1813 » by BKlutch » Wed Sep 1, 2021 9:37 pm

Yeah, Scott was busted for DUI at 4am. How TF can he do a good job when he's out all night drunk?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32127671/new-york-mets-acting-gm-zack-scott-facing-dui-charge-join-team-road-trip

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1814 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 1, 2021 10:51 pm

BKlutch wrote:Yeah, Scott was busted for DUI at 4am. How TF can he do a good job when he's out all night drunk?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32127671/new-york-mets-acting-gm-zack-scott-facing-dui-charge-join-team-road-trip

Zack Scott was a bum. I heard him interviewed by Gary Cohen during a game last week or two. He was clueless. I'm listening to this guy and I'm like, there's no way we go into next season with this dweeb as our GM. Sandy Alderson must be beside himself.

Fcking bring back Omar Minaya!
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1815 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 1, 2021 11:03 pm

dmzed wrote:https://nypost.com/2021/09/01/mets-gm-zack-scott-busted-for-drunk-driving-in-white-plains/

we cant have nice things

Zack Scott was not a "nice thing" to have. He was a last second replacement for the previous defective GM. Sandy just looked around for the person he thought could do the least amount of damage and picked Scott. Oops. Honestly, I'd like to see the entire front office rebuilt and I wouldn't mind seeing a new Manager and hitting coach. Keep Hefner, maybe DeSarcina and the first base coach.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1816 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:02 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Yeah, Scott was busted for DUI at 4am. How TF can he do a good job when he's out all night drunk?

Zack Scott was a bum. I heard him interviewed by Gary Cohen during a game last week or two. He was clueless. I'm listening to this guy and I'm like, there's no way we go into next season with this dweeb as our GM. Sandy Alderson must be beside himself.

Fcking bring back Omar Minaya!

Looky looky here. Wingo was right again. :P

Scott was going to get fired even before this DWI. He was just an office clerk chosen to fill in and has one a bad job particularly at the trade deadline.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/01/zack-scotts-mets-fate-was-sealed-long-before-dwi-arrest/
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1817 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 2, 2021 9:05 am

Scathing article from Dave Lennon of Newsday on the Mets

Lennon: Scott arrest is latest sign Cohen needs to clean up Mets mess

https://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/david-lennon/zack-scott-mets-1.50349967
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,942

Post#1818 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Sep 2, 2021 4:35 pm

bruh. i can't. this season has been such a cluster.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1819 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 3, 2021 5:05 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:bruh. i can't. this season has been such a cluster.

Bruh …

I said during last Saturday’s game against the Nats that we still had time if we made a move now especially with deGrom and Thor coming back. I thought it was all going to fall apart after “Thumbs Down-gate” but instead it appears to have galvanized the team. I’ll be very happy if we take the next 2 of 3 against the Marlins.
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,942

Post#1820 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Sep 3, 2021 1:04 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:bruh. i can't. this season has been such a cluster.

Bruh …

I said during last Saturday’s game against the Nats that we still had time if we made a move now especially with deGrom and Thor coming back. I thought it was all going to fall apart after “Thumbs Down-gate” but instead it appears to have galvanized the team. I’ll be very happy if we take the next 2 of 3 against the Marlins.

we had the division and shat the bed. i don't see how we get back on top from 5 games back at this point.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks