ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread - Part XLI

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,969

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XLI 

Post#1861 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:07 pm

To complete the thought Davis can play small ball Center in a Princeton type offense. I would play Burt ends at Center. I would play mantras l a r l at power forward. If you can figure out I said trezor l Montrezl Harrell thank you dammit
Bye bye Beal.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#1862 » by gambitx777 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:58 pm

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I got the perfect trade !

Bertans
For
Temple and the Lakers 22 first

The pells have a big giant chunky trade exception to use and they need shooting BAD and they are lacking another forward/wing player who can shoot.this makes sense with them having a bunch of SGs already on the team bertans makes sense for them.

Temple can come back to the wiz as a glue guy and get a few defensive minutes but this would balance the team. We have Rui and Kuz as the starters, then Kispert and deni then, Todd and gill as reserves and you have Trez who can grab a few PF minutes in a pinch and KCP who can play SF minutes in a pinch.

They give up an extra pick for bertans and nothing of real value, that Lakers pick will be 20-30 for sure. They really need shooting to help flush this team out. This would just be a pretty smart move by both teams !

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

Do you know what the trade exception is for? The only 1 I see for them is for 3.9 milion for Melli, and that wouldn't be enough. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/cap/
Could be a mistake but, I see one for 17 from the Adams trade. if they did fanengal the trades they pulled to get that bit of an exception that could be an option.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1863 » by gambitx777 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:00 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I don't know where we possibly send bertans too. To be totally honest here. I don't really see an option. I mean maybe a contender later in the year???

I have an idea. Why don't we let the guy have a chance to redeem himself? Last years old lady had his first kid and he got out of shape and he had an injury. He should be by far the best shooter that we have. I believe you can play Birds hands at Center. I love that Google mistake. Burton's would be a really good Princeton Center. If Wes unseld jr. Has any type of relationship with Eddie Jordan I think they should really get together and talk about
No matter when the offer comes if you get a first for bertans you move him. He's expendable and expensive and of someone wants to give you something for him. You do it.

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,075

Post#1864 » by nate33 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:21 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I don't know where we possibly send bertans too. To be totally honest here. I don't really see an option. I mean maybe a contender later in the year???

I have an idea. Why don't we let the guy have a chance to redeem himself? Last years old lady had his first kid and he got out of shape and he had an injury. He should be by far the best shooter that we have. I believe you can play Birds hands at Center. I love that Google mistake. Burton's would be a really good Princeton Center. If Wes unseld jr. Has any type of relationship with Eddie Jordan I think they should really get together and talk about
No matter when the offer comes if you get a first for bertans you move him. He's expendable and expensive and of someone wants to give you something for him. You do it.

The Pelicans do have a $17M TPE. They definitely wouldn't include a 1st to acquire Bertans, but I'd do the trade if they gave us a 2nd. It would clear up a redundancy in the roster, free up playing time for Avdija, give us more luxtax flexibility to make a midseason move, and we'd land an $11M TPE that might come in handy.

Frankly, I'd rather they keep Garrett Temple.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#1865 » by payitforward » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:35 pm

nate's right I think. Move Davis, take the TPE to use later, &... re-sign Mathews.

It's a win on every front. We increase our financial flexibility, get back some/most of the shooting Davis provided, & add a younger player who still has upside/development room & plays the 2, a position where we are thin.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,880

Post#1866 » by Frichuela » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:06 pm

Whenever I go to the general trade board and look at the Bradley Beal to Boston thread, I echo this sentiment: :banghead:

Read on Twitter
?s=21
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,590

Post#1867 » by penbeast0 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:53 pm

We should start posting Tatum to Washington deals where we make them a great offer that doesn't include Beal (or Dinwiddie). After all, the premise is that they are going to want to be on the same team because they are friends.

I'm sure Boston would move him for Kuzma, Harrell, Bertans, 2 1sts, and a pick swap. At least as easily as we'd move Beal for similar offers.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1868 » by gambitx777 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:45 am

nate33 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I have an idea. Why don't we let the guy have a chance to redeem himself? Last years old lady had his first kid and he got out of shape and he had an injury. He should be by far the best shooter that we have. I believe you can play Birds hands at Center. I love that Google mistake. Burton's would be a really good Princeton Center. If Wes unseld jr. Has any type of relationship with Eddie Jordan I think they should really get together and talk about

The Pelicans do have a $17M TPE. They definitely wouldn't include a 1st to acquire Bertans, but I'd do the trade if they gave us a 2nd. It would clear up a redundancy in the roster, free up playing time for Avdija, give us more luxtax flexibility to make a midseason move, and we'd land an $11M TPE that might come in handy.

Frankly, I'd rather they keep Garrett Temple.
Well they have a bunch of extra first and that Lakers first from all partying involved might as well be slated in as 25-30. So is it that big of a deal no. But they have a bunch of extra seconds next year. I wouldn't mind getting temple.

Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,880

Post#1869 » by Frichuela » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:17 am

penbeast0 wrote:We should start posting Tatum to Washington deals where we make them a great offer that doesn't include Beal (or Dinwiddie). After all, the premise is that they are going to want to be on the same team because they are friends.

I'm sure Boston would move him for Kuzma, Harrell, Bertans, 2 1sts, and a pick swap. At least as easily as we'd move Beal for similar offers.

You bet. Quid pro quo :nod:
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1870 » by payitforward » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:27 pm

Not exactly the right spot for this, but...

I just noticed that in addition to Jay Huff & Jordan Goodwin, the Wiz have signed Jaime Echenique to an Exhibit 10 contract -- meaning, essentially, that he'll be in training camp with us.

Echenique played for us -- & played pretty well -- in SL.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1871 » by gambitx777 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:41 am

I asked this did they increase the number of exhibit 10 and 2 way players ? Cuz look like every team has 4 right now.

payitforward
RealGM

Post#1872 » by payitforward » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:03 pm

2way players & Exhibit 10 players are not the same thing. You can have two 2way players, no more.

"An Exhibit 10 contract is more or less just a training camp invite. However, it gives the team flexibility to convert the contract to a two-way deal before the start of the season if they so choose. Otherwise, the deal converts into a non-guaranteed minimum salary. The team can then keep the player on that minimum salary as part of their 15 man roster, or can waive the player."
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1873 » by gambitx777 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:13 pm

payitforward wrote:2way players & Exhibit 10 players are not the same thing. You can have two 2way players, no more.

"An Exhibit 10 contract is more or less just a training camp invite. However, it gives the team flexibility to convert the contract to a two-way deal before the start of the season if they so choose. Otherwise, the deal converts into a non-guaranteed minimum salary. The team can then keep the player on that minimum salary as part of their 15 man roster, or can waive the player."
Thanks piff. I wouldn't be shocked if they changed it with covid and all having more bodies couldn't hurt .

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1874 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:02 pm

Might as well toss in another Simmons trade idea as he continues to dig his heels in and reportedly refuses to report to Philly... this would have to wait till December 15th... Simmons for (drumroll) Dinwiddie and Kuzma. Philly gets a starting quality scoring PG that they lack that can play with Maxey or Curry and a second forward who can score - when Harris isn't in there, they really lack perimeter scorers with any size. Embiid will have to do too much. Maybe we could throw in either Bryant or Harrell if they give us Petrusev or Reed.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#1875 » by Dat2U » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:19 pm

Ruzious wrote:Might as well toss in another Simmons trade idea as he continues to dig his heels in and reportedly refuses to report to Philly... this would have to wait till December 15th... Simmons for (drumroll) Dinwiddie and Kuzma. Philly gets a starting quality scoring PG that they lack that can play with Maxey or Curry and a second forward who can score - when Harris isn't in there, they really lack perimeter scorers with any size. Embiid will have to do too much. Maybe we could throw in either Bryant or Harrell if they give us Petrusev or Reed.

I dunno what would entice Philly but Morey is getting put in a no win situation and teams are just waiting to pounce. I don't think Minnesota, Cleveland or Sacramento is offering anything Philly wants. Philly fans seem in denial but an Edwards, Fox or even Kuminga/Moody package seems farfetched. Seems more like Malik Beasley or Buddy Hield is what's being offered with a pick & filler.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,847

Post#1876 » by dckingsfan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:36 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Might as well toss in another Simmons trade idea as he continues to dig his heels in and reportedly refuses to report to Philly... this would have to wait till December 15th... Simmons for (drumroll) Dinwiddie and Kuzma. Philly gets a starting quality scoring PG that they lack that can play with Maxey or Curry and a second forward who can score - when Harris isn't in there, they really lack perimeter scorers with any size. Embiid will have to do too much. Maybe we could throw in either Bryant or Harrell if they give us Petrusev or Reed.

I dunno what would entice Philly but Morey is getting put in a no win situation and teams are just waiting to pounce. I don't think Minnesota, Cleveland or Sacramento is offering anything Philly wants. Philly fans seem in denial but an Edwards, Fox or even Kuminga/Moody package seems farfetched. Seems more like Malik Beasley or Buddy Hield is what's being offered with a pick & filler.

If we wanted to be in the mix we could be given the sheer depth we have - well, I believe that even if it isn't true. I would love for Simmons to be our starting PF. But yes, I think that Philly would like a replacement starting PG. In this case, waiting wasn't the right move.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1877 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:00 am

dckingsfan wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

If we wanted to be in the mix we could be given the sheer depth we have - well, I believe that even if it isn't true. I would love for Simmons to be our starting PF. But yes, I think that Philly would like a replacement starting PG. In this case, waiting wasn't the right move.

I'd like to have him - though I'm not sure what position I'd want him at. His agent, Rich Paul, must be driving 76ers fans nuts:
Read on Twitter
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1878 » by dckingsfan » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:20 am

Ruzious wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
Dat2U wrote:I dunno what would entice Philly but Morey is getting put in a no win situation and teams are just waiting to pounce. I don't think Minnesota, Cleveland or Sacramento is offering anything Philly wants. Philly fans seem in denial but an Edwards, Fox or even Kuminga/Moody package seems farfetched. Seems more like Malik Beasley or Buddy Hield is what's being offered with a pick & filler.

I'd like to have him - though I'm not sure what position I'd want him at. His agent, Rich Paul, must be driving 76ers fans nuts:
Read on Twitter

Interesting... thoughts on Tyrese Maxey?
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1879 » by payitforward » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:30 am

Dat2U wrote:

First off, if he doesn't report, he doesn't get paid. At some point, he & his agent & other financial people will have a little conversation about that. Then, suddenly, the public statements will change tone, etc.....

Secondly, you know there's a Players' Association? Well, owners are a group too, & they don't like being screwed with. So, no, there's going to be no Beasley/Hield for Simmons deal, because the owners aren't going to like the precedent or the fact that they could be the next to get treated this way.

Thirdly, until he gets back in the corral with the rest of the horses, I don't want him either. Don't get me wrong; he's a great player without a doubt. But we don't need any day-time TV dramas.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1880 » by dckingsfan » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:42 am

payitforward wrote:...Thirdly, until he gets back in the corral with the rest of the horses, I don't want him either. Don't get me wrong; he's a great player without a doubt. But we don't need any day-time TV dramas.

Best reason I have heard thus far on why NOT to trade for him...

Return to Washington Wizards