Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,535

Re: Rich Paul wants Maxey out of Philly 

Post#41 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:48 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Check my OP. I said give me a mid first and i can replace him.

You also said Quickley is as good and that Cam Thomas is gonna be better when their numbers in college were similar.....

Yup. Cam Thomas will be better than Maxey.
Quickley, likely just as good as Maxey.

Maxey is not some generational talent.

Those two guards at the Spurs roster are just on the same level with Maxey.. derrick white.. dejounte murray..

If players dont want to play on my team, they can leave.

I can replace anyone. Just tank and let someone who knows how to draft do the draft.

Im not going to beg for Ben or Maxey to stay, both are EASY to replace.

Scottie Barnes or Kuminga should easily be better than Ben.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,601

Post#42 » by FireMorey » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

The guy is a fraud, I’ve said it before.
Lovetron Joe
Rookie
And1: 482

Post#43 » by Lovetron Joe » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Lovetron Joe
Rookie

Post#44 » by Lovetron Joe » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:59 pm

That was a quick switch. Curious what Tyrese said to Paul.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#45 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:00 pm

Good. I was already looking to replace him as soon as murray_17 gets me a first round pick
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,754

Post#46 » by Sixersftw » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:01 pm

Lovetron Joe wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Did this man really get exposed by Kendrick **** Perkins? This team is gonna end me.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#47 » by Sixerscan » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:01 pm

76ciology wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

You also said Quickley is as good and that Cam Thomas is gonna be better when their numbers in college were similar.....

Those two guards at the Spurs roster are just on the same level with Maxey.. derrick white.. dejounte murray..

I can replace anyone. Just tank and let someone who knows how to draft do the draft.

Just because a handful of guys taken after the lottery are inevitably good doesn't mean you are definitely going to one of those guys with your pick, even if you "know what you're doing." In fact I would say understanding that uncertainty as a reality is a key part of "knowing what you are doing." The people that act like the draft is this easy straight forward thing are the oblivious ones.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,049

Post#48 » by Murray_17 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:04 pm

76ciology wrote:

Yeah, drafting is such a science.....

If Maxey shots like 3% better from 3 next year, he's already a better player than Quickley.

Thomas shoot like 9% worse than Maxey from 2, while taking 2 more shots. I don't see Cam Thomas as anything other than a volume scorer 6th man

And you can't replace everyone for as much as a mantra as you like to talk. if drafting was so stable and predictable some teams would not be mediocre forever.

I agree players can leave if they don't want to play, that doesn't mean you have to invent a narrative about being repleaceable with such ease
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#49 » by syntax » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:12 pm

76ciology wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Yeah really. Easy to replace.

We're close to being hard capped, the idea we can replace Maxey easily on that bargain with the price for decent guards is just ridiculous.

You want to replace him with the same Quickley who shot .395 FG% and shot a worse eFG% than Maxey despite being a better 3pt shooter?

Maybe decent guards arent as easy to find as you thought.
Lovetron Joe
Rookie

Post#50 » by Lovetron Joe » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:22 pm

Stanford wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:Quoting myself

Murray_17 wrote:Let me say, i love Maxey but if this **** is real, he's a colossal idiot.

With Ben out he has the chance of his life to capitalize in his potential and be a wing for a team with a desperate need for perimeter scoring.

If he follows Ben he's not only starting from the bench as Ben's gonna force his spot as a PG, he could not even see the floor for a season or two depending on which team Ben gets traded to.

If the report is true, I doubt it has anything to do with the wishes of 20 year old Tyrese Maxey who seems happy just to be playing professional basketball. Rich Paul is using him as a pawn. He's big on using people.

Of course, the report is untrue and Dumas printed an update (retraction). He did get almost 6,000 clicks on the first BS report and less than 300 on the "update". So he made money and trashed Maxey's reputation. Good stuff....
76ciology
RealGM

Post#51 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:25 pm

Since Maxey is staying. Im just kidding. Maxey can be the next Steph Curry
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,804

Post#52 » by Negrodamus » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:28 pm

This dude is west coast Pompey.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#53 » by Sixerscan » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:33 pm

Never made much sense. Assuming Simmons doesn't get traded for a point guard the trade would open up a 2-3 year window for Maxey to prove he's worthy of a huge second contract. You really couldn't ask for a better situation as a young guard, much better than following Simmons to another situation and probably still coming off the bench.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#54 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:34 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Never made much sense. Assuming Simmons doesn't get traded for a point guard the trade would open up a 2-3 year window for Maxey to prove he's worthy of a huge second contract. You really couldn't ask for a better situation as a young guard, much better than following Simmons to another situation and probably still coming off the bench.

Agree.

Rich paul may even be forcing the trade so Maxey could shine hahaha
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,811

Post#55 » by Mik317 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:40 pm

76ciology wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Never made much sense. Assuming Simmons doesn't get traded for a point guard the trade would open up a 2-3 year window for Maxey to prove he's worthy of a huge second contract. You really couldn't ask for a better situation as a young guard, much better than following Simmons to another situation and probably still coming off the bench.

Agree.

4-D chess is being played.

This isn't about Ben but Maxey

HOLDIN HIM BAK YO SEASON IS IN EFFECT
#NeverGonnaBeGood
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#56 » by rzzzzz » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:42 pm

Wonder how Jason Dum as feels about getting played. Probably more relevant. Just less reliable. As if that matters.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,804

Post#57 » by Negrodamus » Wed Sep 1, 2021 5:03 pm

Since it seems we're making a commitment to Maxey becoming a Collin Sexton type player, we should have tried to get involved with Lonzo more than we did. Maxey isn't a bad distributor, but he shouldn't be the main guy creating for others. I think Haliburton would make the most sense with him as he can defend SG/SF and Maxey can focus on the PGs. We'll do another iteration of Iverson, I guess.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#58 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 1, 2021 5:07 pm

Mik317 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Agree.

4-D chess is being played.

This isn't about Ben but Maxey

HOLDIN HIM BAK YO SEASON IS IN EFFECT

Maxey’s gonna be the greatest talent Klutch signed after LeBron.

…but things could change if Immanuel Quickley signs with them :lol:
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#59 » by Stanford » Wed Sep 1, 2021 5:18 pm

Stanford wrote:If there's a "high chance" Maxey is in a Ben Deal, Dumas must have some information on a Lillard trade.

As a matter of fact, he's full of **** and knows knowing.

Lol at freaking out at Jason Dumas and Keith Pompey "reports." Two massive hacks.

As reported by me and my sources
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 243

Post#60 » by Samson » Wed Sep 1, 2021 5:44 pm

I've tried to say this multiple times over the years.

First LeBron - he *really believes* he's King. He has a ton of money and "power" - and yet no appreciable education or real experience in life. He tried to drop out of HS. He is *extremely qualified* to run an NBA team's offense on the floor. He's *woefully unqualified* to be the Societal Boss of All-Bosses he tries to be.

And Rich Paul... he met LeBron in an airport, selling throwback jerseys, and suddenly him and LeBron decided that he's the pre-eminent power in the NBA. I get it, they watched Entourage and saw Vincent Chase unite with his childhood friend E to become somebodies in Hollywood. That was, like, you know, HBO... and like, you know, not even close to the real world of Big Business Basketball etc.

I went from *loving* Ben to just being disgusted by him really quick ... but this whole Rich Paul (who can't do cheddarjack shiznit in the world without LeBron behind him and backing his plays) is just doing some contemptible stuff. *ESPECIALLY* if Maxey had no part of it. If Maxey went to him and said "Get me TF out of Philly", I wouldn't *like it* , but I guess I would at least understand it. But sure looks like some backstabbing business BS to me...

And lastly, the articles say Ben wants to go to the Lakers, Warriors, or Clippers ... Yeah you know what bro? I was all about Morey's King's Ransom for him. At this point, I'd rather him go to Minnesota or OKC or Utah, wherever is the worst place ever. Have fun collecting your bazillions while Keeping Up With The Kardashians in the blizzards, broseph!

To quote a man named Captain Picard: "The Line must be drawn *here* ... this far, and NO FURTHER!!"

Return to Philadelphia 76ers