ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#721 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Sep 1, 2021 1:29 am

darrendaye wrote:
Read on Twitter

good! go tackoooooooooooooooooooo!!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,817

Post#722 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:00 am

darrendaye wrote:
Read on Twitter

and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#723 » by playa-hater » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:18 am

Will post this here as well.

At minimum Cleveland will have more bad games then Boston so his garbage time minutes will go up. They only have one "true center" and with injuries and/or foul trouble maybe he gets more real action.

I could debate if Tacko deserves more "real time" or not, but would rather just say I am happy he is at least "likely" to play in the NBA another year.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#724 » by moonie_mcgee » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:23 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
darrendaye wrote:
Read on Twitter

good! go tackoooooooooooooooooooo!!

Thanks shak. I hope he crushes it. Wear the goggles, mix it up and be aggressive on both ends. If all he does is play his role when at CFU he could be a contributing rotation player. Still young, still more developmental growth to his game. In order to succeed he has to improve his speed of the game and make freethrows.

Edit and he's a legit 7'7 that's the key.
That's the Way of the World
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#725 » by moonie_mcgee » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:27 am

playa-hater wrote:Will post this here as well.

At minimum Cleveland will have more bad games then Boston so his garbage time minutes will go up. They only have one "true center" and with injuries and/or foul trouble maybe he gets more real action.

I could debate if Tacko deserves more "real time" or not, but would rather just say I am happy he is at least "likely" to play in the NBA another year.

The more he plays the better he'll get. The covid really hurt his development. He was on a good track before that hit.
That's the Way of the World
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#726 » by Ill News » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:00 am

greenroom31 wrote:Here's some Ben Simmons news: https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/76ers-ben-simmons-trade-discussion-nba-training-camp-20210831.html

Read on Twitter

Not going to help his trade value any...

I long for the day when a team says "screw it" and just sits their diva star for a year, letting him rot at home while completely healthy. That's unfortunately never going to happen, but it would be a great drama to follow lol.

I understand that the Sixers organization could also be blamed for his terrible development, but Simmons deserves most of the blame here. Imagine letting all your talent and athleticism go to waste because you're a lazy, weak-willed baby. Less talented players like Jimmy Butler and our own Jaylen have turned themselves into bonafide stars through sheer hard work, constantly adding something to their game each year. I have no respect for Simmons at all, and I'm kinda hoping he continues to fail wherever he lands. Even if he somehow ends up with the C's, I'll probably be pissed off.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#727 » by playa-hater » Wed Sep 1, 2021 6:25 am

Ill News wrote:
greenroom31 wrote:Here's some Ben Simmons news: https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/76ers-ben-simmons-trade-discussion-nba-training-camp-20210831.html

Read on Twitter

I long for the day when a team says "screw it" and just sits their diva star for a year, letting him rot at home while completely healthy. That's unfortunately never going to happen, but it would be a great drama to follow lol.

I understand that the Sixers organization could also be blamed for his terrible development, but Simmons deserves most of the blame here. Imagine letting all your talent and athleticism go to waste because you're a lazy, weak-willed baby. Less talented players like Jimmy Butler and our own Jaylen have turned themselves into bonafide stars through sheer hard work, constantly adding something to their game each year. I have no respect for Simmons at all, and I'm kinda hoping he continues to fail wherever he lands. Even if he somehow ends up with the C's, I'll probably be pissed off.

Somehow I think Ben wouldn't mind it. Stay home, get paid millions, hang with the Kardashians even more. Certainly won't have to work on his FTS or 3 point shot. Stays away from all the Boos he is probably going to get.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Ill News
General Manager

Post#728 » by Ill News » Wed Sep 1, 2021 8:30 am

playa-hater wrote:
Ill News wrote:

Read on Twitter

Somehow I think Ben wouldn't mind it. Stay home, get paid millions, hang with the Kardashians even more. Certainly won't have to work on his FTS or 3 point shot. Stays away from all the Boos he is probably going to get.

That is a very good point. He'll love the fact that he can play Call of Duty all day.
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,002

Post#729 » by 1st banana » Wed Sep 1, 2021 10:04 am

Ill News wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
Ill News wrote:I long for the day when a team says "screw it" and just sits their diva star for a year, letting him rot at home while completely healthy. That's unfortunately never going to happen, but it would be a great drama to follow lol.

That is a very good point. He'll love the fact that he can play Call of Duty all day.

I can’t stand Ben either but I’d love to see us get him and him become a lethal shooter and destroy the sixers with him lol.

I legit laughed out loud typing Ben Simmons and lethal shooter in the same sentence.
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,428

Post#730 » by Theocy » Wed Sep 1, 2021 10:48 am

1st banana wrote:
Ill News wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

I can’t stand Ben either but I’d love to see us get him and him become a lethal shooter and destroy the sixers with him lol.

I legit laughed out loud typing Ben Simmons and lethal shooter in the same sentence.

Only way he is lethal, is if he shoots grenades instead of a ball.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,899

Post#731 » by Wilfried » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:03 pm

Ill News wrote:

Read on Twitter

What you mean is:

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Think that Ben is starting to realize that too, but chooses the easy way out because he's not ok with working hard (or improving)
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,857

Post#732 » by 24istheLAW » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:33 pm

Simmons is such a pill he make me feel bad for the Sixers. And that's saying something.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,210

Post#733 » by bisme37 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 6:17 pm

24istheLAW wrote:Simmons is such a pill he make me feel bad for the Sixers. And that's saying something.

Ehh, I'm not a Ben fan but Doc and Joel publicly blamed him for their playoff failure and then Morey has spent all summer publicly trying to trade him. Not sure what else they expected to happen here.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#734 » by GoGreen » Thu Sep 2, 2021 12:57 am

Wonder if there's a team out there who would trade for Simmons and plop him at Center. Dude cant shoot but he can score in the post, drive and kick. Idk if he can Cs at all but he locks down most everyone else.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#735 » by Fierce1 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:57 am

Simmons leaving Philly is good for Boston.

The Sixer defense is elite because of Simmons.

Unless it's Dame or Beal replacing Simmons, my money is on the Celts having a better record than the Sixers this coming season.
Ill News
General Manager

Post#736 » by Ill News » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:48 pm

bisme37 wrote:
24istheLAW wrote:Simmons is such a pill he make me feel bad for the Sixers. And that's saying something.

Ehh, I'm not a Ben fan but Doc and Joel publicly blamed him for their playoff failure and then Morey has spent all summer publicly trying to trade him. Not sure what else they expected to happen here.

I'm extremely critical of Simmons, but I do agree with this. Even though he brought most of this on himself, it's hard to blame him for wanting to cut ties with a coach who doesn't believe in him, a co-star that gave up on him, and a GM who had been trying to ship him out since the season started.

I'm just happy that the Sixers are scrambling right now. I wonder if Morey will be able to salvage that situation, and even if he does, they'll remain failures in the playoffs because their coach is Doc :lol:
Ill News
General Manager

Post#737 » by Ill News » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Ugh. Nets and Lakers just stockpiling talent like they're the US and Soviet Union during the arms and space races at the height of the Cold War lol
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,778

Post#738 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Sep 2, 2021 2:56 pm

Hopefully the Millsap signing means that the Nets will cut Raquan Gray, so that the Celtics can offer Gray their second 2-way.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#739 » by GoGreen » Thu Sep 2, 2021 3:44 pm

Eww Millsap to the Nets? Lame.

If the Cs are getting a PF, looks like it's gonna be through a trade
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,127

Post#740 » by Hal14 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 3:49 pm

GoGreen wrote:Eww Millsap to the Nets? Lame.

If the Cs are getting a PF, looks like it's gonna be through a trade

seriously man, this is really annoying with 2 teams getting these crazy stacked teams.

You don't see this type of BS going on with any of the other major sports leagues - they all have better competitive balance and no super teams.

I just really hope the nets and lakers do not make the NBA finals but unfortunately they probably both will, ugh..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)

Return to Boston Celtics