ImageImageImageImageImage

Simmons yes or no

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Which Warriors team do you want to watch the next two to three years

Simmons and better chance at chip sooner - no brainer you nab the star player
21%
Competitive Warriors watching Wiseman and Kuminga develop - deeper team and longer term hopes
79%

Total votes: 71

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,894

Re: Simmons yes or no 

Post#181 » by whatisacenter » Thu Sep 2, 2021 4:50 pm

today from Slater and the Athletic.

The Warriors were among the teams Daryl Morey called during his initial round of over-the-top inquiries. That came before the draft. As has been reported, he asked for a package of Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, the seventh and 14th picks and two future first-rounders. There was never bargaining. There was only a decline and a hang up.

Neither side has circled back. Morey certainly might at some point in September. The situation in Philadelphia is only getting more tense as the season creeps closer. If the Sixers slash their asking price significantly, it could warrant deeper discussion within the Warriors, from ownership to Bob Myers’ staff on down to the opinionated and involved coaches and veteran players.

It's good to hear the Lacob is high on the young guys

Joe Lacob isn’t bluffing. He does not want to trade James Wiseman or Jonathan Kuminga. You can question his vision, but I wouldn’t be skeptical of the transparency.

Go reread the quotes, if you want. He envisions Wiseman and Kuminga as supplementary, cheaper rotation pieces around an expensive core during their first NBA contract and the franchise’s superstar successors by the time they hit their second NBA contracts, ushering in the Warriors’ next era.

You may be more dubious of Wiseman’s or Kuminga’s future ceiling. You may crave more aggressive all-out asset usage and unfettered spending with the singular goal of capturing another title before Curry’s prime expires. You may care less about the back half of this decade and the idea of elusive sustained success than Lacob does.

https://theathletic.com/2803745/2021/09/02/ben-simmons-and-the-warriors-three-reasons-a-trade-is-unlikely-to-materialize/
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#182 » by Old_Blue » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:27 pm

I love Simmons' defense. Unfortunately, I question his heart and motivation. If he spent half the time he spends hanging with the Kardashians working on his three point and free throw shooting, he'd be a future Hall of Famer. Instead, he's turned himself into an overpaid albatross. The only way I'd trade for him would be if this was 2023 and Draymond was opting out and Simmons only had two years left on his own deal.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#183 » by GSWFan1994 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:28 pm

whatisacenter wrote:today from Slater and the Athletic.

(...)

Wow. Morey is just delusional.

I wouldn't trade Wiggins + Wiseman for Simmons, let alone including 4 more assets.

Morey dropped the ball on this. He should have traded Simmons around draft time.

The more time passes, the worst the offers are gonna get.

Reality is going to crash down hard on the guy.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,951

Post#184 » by DonaldSanders » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:33 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:Needless to say, trading Draymond would be a huge mistake. Guy's the soul of this team, even with diminished performance.

I don't dislike Simmons, I just think he's not worth the headache.

Agree so much. People forget just how crucial Draymond is in the playoffs. If there is 1 Warrior I can count on to show up every game, it's him. His performance in the Houston series KD's last year was insane. How any Warriors fan can overlook his heart and ability in the playoffs, I don't know. I want him to retire a Warrior just like Steph and Klay.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#185 » by Commodor » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:55 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:

(...)

I wouldn't trade Wiggins + Wiseman for Simmons, let alone including 4 more assets.

Morey dropped the ball on this. He should have traded Simmons around draft time.

I saw a post on Instagram showing am excerpt from the Slater article stating Morey has changed his asking from young players to Steph or Klay for Simmons. I can’t access full article so maybe that’s wrong.

If it is true is Morey actually trying to ruin relationships around the league or something? This seems like he is intentionally offering insulting proposals.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,894

Post#186 » by whatisacenter » Thu Sep 2, 2021 7:26 pm

Commodor wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:

(...)

I saw a post on Instagram showing am excerpt from the Slater article stating Morey has changed his asking from young players to Steph or Klay for Simmons. I can’t access full article so maybe that’s wrong.

If it is true is Morey actually trying to ruin relationships around the league or something? This seems like he is intentionally offering insulting proposals.

I’m guessing that was a joke
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Brick Layer
Junior
And1: 116

Post#187 » by Brick Layer » Thu Sep 2, 2021 10:54 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Commodor wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:

I’m guessing that was a joke

The only way Morey can save face now is if he somehow pulled off a straight up miracle trade of Ben Simmons for Stephen Curry.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#188 » by Impuniti » Fri Sep 3, 2021 5:06 am

The Warriors were among the teams Daryl Morey called during his initial round of over-the-top inquiries. That came before the draft. As has been reported, he asked for a package of Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, the seventh and 14th picks and two future first-rounders. There was never bargaining. There was only a decline and a hang up.

Neither side has circled back. Morey certainly might at some point in September. The situation in Philadelphia is only getting more tense as the season creeps closer. If the Sixers slash their asking price significantly, it could warrant deeper discussion within the Warriors, from ownership to Bob Myers’ staff on down to the opinionated and involved coaches and veteran players.

It's good to hear the Lacob is high on the young guys

Joe Lacob isn’t bluffing. He does not want to trade James Wiseman or Jonathan Kuminga. You can question his vision, but I wouldn’t be skeptical of the transparency.

Go reread the quotes, if you want. He envisions Wiseman and Kuminga as supplementary, cheaper rotation pieces around an expensive core during their first NBA contract and the franchise’s superstar successors by the time they hit their second NBA contracts, ushering in the Warriors’ next era.

You may be more dubious of Wiseman’s or Kuminga’s future ceiling. You may crave more aggressive all-out asset usage and unfettered spending with the singular goal of capturing another title before Curry’s prime expires. You may care less about the back half of this decade and the idea of elusive sustained success than Lacob does.

https://theathletic.com/2803745/2021/09/02/ben-simmons-and-the-warriors-three-reasons-a-trade-is-unlikely-to-materialize/

Morey is a moron. :lol: Imagine asking for that, he legitimately deserved to get the phone closed immediately without saying anything.

Return to Golden State Warriors