Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 4

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#961 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Sep 2, 2021 4:38 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:Guys, we can't trade recently signed players for a while. We're not players for Ben Simmons, though we could be part of the deal as a 3rd team.

We can trade lonzo on dec 14

Fair enough. But we can't beat what Sacramento or Toronto could offer in a trade.

We can beat them as far as a destination Simmons would want to go to vs who he would be ready to leave as soon as he got there

It's a deal that would never happen of course

But a risky deal that could be a move that could make us serious contenders in the east

Ball, coby and Patrick Williams for Simmons

Simmons lavine Derozan and Vucevic is a helluva team that could compete in the east.

Would never happen of course
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#962 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 7:34 pm

I don't think the Clippers would do it but the money works almost exactly if we do Marcus Morris for Coby and DJJ. It would give us a real 4 who also played a lot of small ball 5 successfully for the clippers in the playoffs
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#963 » by sco » Thu Sep 2, 2021 7:56 pm

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:I don't think the Clippers would do it but the money works almost exactly if we do Marcus Morris for Coby and DJJ. It would give us a real 4 who also played a lot of small ball 5 successfully for the clippers in the playoffs

It fills a hole but creates another. I'm luke warm on Coby, but I'd rather keep him than get Morris and need to find a SG.
:clap:
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#964 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 8:13 pm

sco wrote:
RoseTheFuture22 wrote:I don't think the Clippers would do it but the money works almost exactly if we do Marcus Morris for Coby and DJJ. It would give us a real 4 who also played a lot of small ball 5 successfully for the clippers in the playoffs

It fills a hole but creates another. I'm luke warm on Coby, but I'd rather keep him than get Morris and need to find a SG.

I would argue that the 4/small ball 5 role is more important than backup 2 especially with our current roster. You could fill Coby's spot pretty easily by just sliding down DeRozan and/or Troy, giving Ayo or Javonte some burn, having Pat play more 3 or just signing someone else to fill that 3 and no D shooter role.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#965 » by sco » Thu Sep 2, 2021 8:15 pm

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:
sco wrote:

I would argue that the 4/small ball 5 role is more important than backup 2 especially with our current roster. You could fill Coby's spot pretty easily by just sliding down DeRozan and/or Troy, giving Ayo or Javonte some burn, having Pat play more 3 or just signing someone else to fill that 3 and no D shooter role.

I have a hard time supporting keeping Coby so I'm not going to debate this one, but also, as you said, I doubt Clips would do it.
:clap:
Darius Miles Davis
Veteran
And1: 452

Post#966 » by Darius Miles Davis » Thu Sep 2, 2021 8:40 pm

At this point, with the acquisition of Derek Jones Jr., I'd probably look to trade Troy Brown before Coby, if we need to actually trade someone of quality/value to complete our roster in a way that makes sense.
"Uh...we've always like ET. ET has big hands. His mother has big hands."
Salo23
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#967 » by Salo23 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 9:05 pm

Darius Miles Davis wrote:At this point, with the acquisition of Derek Jones Jr., I'd probably look to trade Troy Brown before Coby, if we need to actually trade someone of quality/value to complete our roster in a way that makes sense.

I feel the complete opposite. Troy Brown Jr fits the vision of what AKME wants. Coby does not. It’s only a matter of when, not if, Coby gets shipped out of here.
We are missing a lot of layups right now as a team, and that is on me... It’s my job to make sure we’re ready to make our layups." - Thibodeau.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,632

Post#968 » by Dez » Fri Sep 3, 2021 2:30 am

Salo23 wrote:
Darius Miles Davis wrote:At this point, with the acquisition of Derek Jones Jr., I'd probably look to trade Troy Brown before Coby, if we need to actually trade someone of quality/value to complete our roster in a way that makes sense.

I feel the complete opposite. Troy Brown Jr fits the vision of what AKME wants. Coby does not. It’s only a matter of when, not if, Coby gets shipped out of here.

Interested to hear an explanation on why TBJ fits what AKME wants but White does not?
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#969 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 8:01 am

:noway: why are you guys even discussing Simmons trade for Bulls? Its beyond unlogical.
We just signed Ball and Caruso remember???
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#970 » by erlim » Fri Sep 3, 2021 8:03 am

[streamable][/streamable]
PrimzyBulls81 wrote::noway: why are you guys even discussing Simmons trade for Bulls? Its beyond unlogical.
We just signed Ball and Caruso remember???

I think there’s an idea with analysts that Simmons should be playing 4, but I don’t think he wants to and he hasn’t really ever shown willingness to adjust any part of his game.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,752

Post#971 » by Jeffster81 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 9:06 pm

I have no interests in Ben Simmons. I recognize that he is a tantalizing talent but he also has some serious warts. If this guy cannot handle the pressure of playing in Philadelphia, what makes you think he can handle Chicago?

I know Simmons is the superior talent but I prefer Ball moving forward.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Post#972 » by weneeda2guard » Fri Sep 3, 2021 11:30 pm

I also would prefer ball for 1 major reasons. Ball has shown the sense of urgency and dedication to improve his game and make himself better and Simmons is showing a lot of premadonna tendencies. He js literally mad at the 76ers because they want him to improve his game. We have yet to see how great ball can be and in a few years we could be saying ball is better
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Dez
Head Coach

Post#973 » by Dez » Sat Sep 4, 2021 1:03 am

weneeda2guard wrote:I also would prefer ball for 1 major reasons. Ball has shown the sense of urgency and dedication to improve his game and make himself better and Simmons is showing a lot of premadonna tendencies. He js literally mad at the 76ers because they want him to improve his game. We have yet to see how great ball can be and in a few years we could be saying ball is better

He's mad at the 76ers because they threw him under the bus.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#974 » by Dan Z » Sat Sep 4, 2021 1:22 am

Jeffster81 wrote:I have no interests in Ben Simmons. I recognize that he is a tantalizing talent but he also has some serious warts. If this guy cannot handle the pressure of playing in Philadelphia, what makes you think he can handle Chicago?

I know Simmons is the superior talent but I prefer Ball moving forward.

I can't think of a trade that makes sense for any team to make for him.

Yes, he's talented, but he has his issues and whoever trades for him is committing to his contract (4 more years at a little over 147 million total). What if he doesn't improve on his next team? Then what do they do? Are you willing to give up much to take that chance? I wouldn't.

Maybe if I'm a team that hasn't done anything in years I might take a chance, but I still wouldn't offer much.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#975 » by BullChit » Sun Sep 5, 2021 11:30 am

Dez wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:I also would prefer ball for 1 major reasons. Ball has shown the sense of urgency and dedication to improve his game and make himself better and Simmons is showing a lot of premadonna tendencies. He js literally mad at the 76ers because they want him to improve his game. We have yet to see how great ball can be and in a few years we could be saying ball is better

He's mad at the 76ers because they threw him under the bus.

While I agree the 76ers response to the media was ****, if we are being fair Ben kinda set up his sleeping bag under the bus with his play-off performance..

If the 76ers threw him they didn't have to throw him far to get him under there.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#976 » by Hangtime84 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 5:04 pm

I think it’s the klutch connection

You will have Ball, LaVine, and Simmons on the same squad.

Personally I’d rather have the one the guys who trains with Zach regularly here.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTZwnA0F7fo/?utm_medium=copy_link
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,355

Post#977 » by JRoy » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:47 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:We can trade lonzo on dec 14

Fair enough. But we can't beat what Sacramento or Toronto could offer in a trade.

We can beat them as far as a destination Simmons would want to go to vs who he would be ready to leave as soon as he got there

It's a deal that would never happen of course

But a risky deal that could be a move that could make us serious contenders in the east

Ball, coby and Patrick Williams for Simmons

Simmons lavine Derozan and Vucevic is a helluva team that could compete in the east.

Would never happen of course

If CHI offers Ball, Williams and Coby for Simmons, PHI should take it and hang up before CHI changes their mind.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,235

Post#978 » by kodo » Tue Sep 7, 2021 8:26 pm

Both Ball & Zach are Klutch clients and Klutch hates Philly right now so I doubt they'd be OK sending Ball there.

While I'm sure Rich Paul would love to have his 3 young Klutch clients all together in a major market, Morey's asking price for Simmons is just out of touch right now. Bill Simmons said in a podcast that the Sixers were just delusional in what they wanted, and he brought up as an example Zach Lavine was one of the guys they wanted. We would of course never do that.

Right now this is almost not about Ben Simmons, and more of a power play drama between Rich Paul and Morey. Agents are already pretty powerful, I think we're going to see how powerful they really are versus a President of Basketball Ops. I bet there are trade destinations that Morey is willing to do, but Paul doesn't want Simmons there. And nobody is going to trade a king's ransom for a guy who won't report just like he didn't report in Philly.

If Philly thinks Paul will cave in they are going to be disappointed. He held Tristan Thompson out of the regular season when the Lebron Cavs were making a championship run, Cavaliers eventually had to cave in and gave him an overpaid 5 year contract.
_KYUSS_
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#979 » by _KYUSS_ » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:33 am

kodo wrote:Both Ball & Zach are Klutch clients and Klutch hates Philly right now so I doubt they'd be OK sending Ball there.

While I'm sure Rich Paul would love to have his 3 young Klutch clients all together in a major market, Morey's asking price for Simmons is just out of touch right now. Bill Simmons said in a podcast that the Sixers were just delusional in what they wanted, and he brought up as an example Zach Lavine was one of the guys they wanted. We would of course never do that.

Right now this is almost not about Ben Simmons, and more of a power play drama between Rich Paul and Morey. Agents are already pretty powerful, I think we're going to see how powerful they really are versus a President of Basketball Ops. I bet there are trade destinations that Morey is willing to do, but Paul doesn't want Simmons there. And nobody is going to trade a king's ransom for a guy who won't report just like he didn't report in Philly.

If Philly thinks Paul will cave in they are going to be disappointed. He held Tristan Thompson out of the regular season when the Lebron Cavs were making a championship run, Cavaliers eventually had to cave in and gave him an overpaid 5 year contract.

klutch want inroads into chicago, thats why they tampered to get Ball there and then immediately signed zach lavine. paul is clearly conspiring with AKME and the two parties already got busted for tampering.
Dez
Head Coach

Post#980 » by Dez » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:50 am

Not every Klutch signing is a conspiracy.

Return to Chicago Bulls