Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Re: Unvaccinated Warriors players won't be allowed in Chase Center 

Post#21 » by Phase 3 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:47 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:~99.97 recovery rate, that is all

Whether that number is accurate or not, it's irrelevant to a more salient point:

Continuing to spread the virus (whether an individual recovers or not) allows greater opportunity for the virus to mutate into variants that are more contagious and more deadly.

It's a public health issue, it's not just about what it does to the individual who doesn't care if they contract it or not.

I know several vaccinated people that have gotten Covid after being fully vaccinated…and they got it from other vaccinated people.

I’m not anti-vaccine…I’ve been vaccinated as has the rest of my family. Personally, I think people should strongly consider getting the vaccine because some protection is better than none. But I really hope that therapeutics become a bigger priority than they currently are.

I know several people that were very sick recently and had to scramble for days to find someone to write a prescription for ivermectin(which is not even approved for Covid I guess?)…Anyways, thankfully they were able to get some and started feeling a lot better within a day of taking it.

Disclaimer: I’m not giving medical advice on ivermectin. I don’t know much about it at all. Just sharing what worked for a few older people I know who contracted Covid. When you’re desperate and fighting against this virus, you’ll try anything. Hopefully a great therapeutic can be developed in the future that’s easy to get and safe/effective.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#22 » by Old_Blue » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:51 pm

Phase 3 wrote:I know several vaccinated people that have gotten Covid after being fully vaccinated…and they got it from other vaccinated people.

I’m not anti-vaccine…I’ve been vaccinated as has the rest of my family. Personally, I think people should strongly consider getting the vaccine because some protection is better than none. But I really hope that therapeutics become a bigger priority than they currently are.

Yup. That can and does happen. They're called breakthrough cases. We also know that vaccinated people can carry viral loads just as high as unvaccinated people. They just don't don't die or end up in the ICU at anywhere near the rates as do unvaccinated people.

Out of curiosity, what were the outcomes of the folks you know who contracted Covid post vaccination and how long after vaccination were they getting it?
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#23 » by Phase 3 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:53 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Phase 3 wrote:I know several vaccinated people that have gotten Covid after being fully vaccinated…and they got it from other vaccinated people.

Yup. That can and does happen. They're called breakthrough cases. We also know that vaccinated people can carry viral loads just as high as unvaccinated people. They just don't don't die or end up in the ICU at anywhere near the rates as do unvaccinated people.

Out of curiosity, what were the outcomes of the folks you know who contracted Covid post vaccination and how long after vaccination were they getting it?

I edited my original post to add an update on that specifically.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#24 » by Old_Blue » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:58 pm

Phase 3 wrote:I know several people that were very sick recently and had to scramble for days to find someone to write a prescription for ivermectin(which is not even approved for Covid I guess?)…Anyways, thankfully they were able to get some and started feeling a lot better within a day of taking it.

Disclaimer: I’m not giving medical advice on ivermectin. Just sharing what worked for a few older people I know who contracted Covid.

Yeah. Good luck with that. It's the hydroxychloroquine fiasco all over again. The conclusion I've come to is that people prone to self-medicate and to seek enablers to help them self-medicate will do so regardless of the situation, pandemic or no pandemic.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/30/health/covid-ivermectin-prescriptions.html
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#25 » by Phase 3 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:03 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Phase 3 wrote:I know several people that were very sick recently and had to scramble for days to find someone to write a prescription for ivermectin(which is not even approved for Covid I guess?)…Anyways, thankfully they were able to get some and started feeling a lot better within a day of taking it.

Disclaimer: I’m not giving medical advice on ivermectin. Just sharing what worked for a few older people I know who contracted Covid.

Yeah. Good luck with that. It's the hydroxychloroquine fiasco all over again. The conclusion I've come to is that people prone to self-medicate and to seek enablers to help them self-medicate will do so regardless of the situation, pandemic or no pandemic.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

Well, the people I know got better. I’m not encouraging anyone to use it. Just sharing their experiences. I lost an Aunt to Covid before the vaccines came out so I’m very sympathetic to how desperate people can become when their own life is on the line. This is just such a sad situation.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#26 » by Old_Blue » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:14 pm

Phase 3 wrote:Well, the people I know got better. I’m not encouraging anyone to use it. Just sharing their experiences. I lost an Aunt to Covid before the vaccines came out so I’m very sympathetic to how desperate people can become when their own life is on the line. This is just such a sad situation.

Let's think about this a moment. You said that the people you know who have contracted Covid did so after being vaccinated. As such, they already stood a very good chance of getting better without need for a visit to the hospital. Introducing an unproven variable like ivermectin into the equation and then claiming that the recovery was due not to the vaccination but instead to the other variable isn't logical. People are overdosing from this drug.

Read on Twitter
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#27 » by Phase 3 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:20 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Phase 3 wrote:Well, the people I know got better. I’m not encouraging anyone to use it. Just sharing their experiences. I lost an Aunt to Covid before the vaccines came out so I’m very sympathetic to how desperate people can become when their own life is on the line. This is just such a sad situation.

Let's think about this a moment. You said that the people you know who have contracted Covid did so after being vaccinated. As such, they already stood a very good chance of getting better without need for a visit to the hospital. Introducing an unproven variable like ivermectin into the equation and then claiming that the recovery was due not to the vaccination but instead to the other variable isn't logical. People are overdosing from this drug.

Ok. But they were very sick and decided to try something unapproved because there’s no great therapeutic currently out there. I’m not here to argue about what they should/shouldn’t have done. Desperate people do desperate things. I’m just thankful they got better.

Like I said in my OP, I hope and pray that a therapeutic hits the market soon that is safe and effective. If that happens, less people will feel the need to try something riskier.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#28 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:51 pm

Good thing Bazemore left already lol.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#29 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:52 pm

Yes you can still get COVID while vaccinated. The same way women can still get pregnant while on birth control; you can still die from a car crash even if you're wearing a seat belt, etc.
#DubNation
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#30 » by xdrta+ » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:59 pm

Mob Byers wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:Wow...it didn't take long to get to "Nazis."

I just know if they started arresting non vaccinated folks people like you would display Nazi behavior by turning in your own friends and family. At least it comes off that way.

ps to you too look up "endemic"

Have they started arresting people, or is that just your fevered imagination. As long as you're looking up words, I'll save you the trouble of looking this one up. "Ignorance" = Lack of knowledge or information. But ignorance can be cured if you make an effort.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#31 » by Mob Byers » Thu Sep 2, 2021 8:25 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:Wow...it didn't take long to get to "Nazis."

I just know if they started arresting non vaccinated folks people like you would display Nazi behavior by turning in your own friends and family. At least it comes off that way.

ps to you too look up "endemic"

Have they started arresting people, or is that just your fevered imagination. As long as you're looking up words, I'll save you the trouble of looking this one up. "Ignorance" = Lack of knowledge or information. But ignorance can be cured if you make an effort.

Geez, talk about ignorant. What a smart ass :lol:

Look up Australia
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#32 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Sep 2, 2021 8:55 pm

Jester_ wrote:Americans are so weird. Never thought vaccines for a respiratory virus would somehow become a political issue about freedom. Can't wait till we're all speaking Mandarin.

Yeah, on one side you’ve got people who adopt the recommendations from the consensus of medical professionals not just in the U.S., but worldwide.

On the other side, you’ve got people who read something from “Pool boy Jacob” on Reddit’s “Vax_fax_Xposed” sub-community, and decide Jacob’s a smarter dude than those guys with a the letters behind their name.

As you’ve seen in this thread directly.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#33 » by Old_Blue » Thu Sep 2, 2021 9:08 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Jester_ wrote:Americans are so weird. Never thought vaccines for a respiratory virus would somehow become a political issue about freedom. Can't wait till we're all speaking Mandarin.

Yeah, on one side you’ve got people who adopt the recommendations from the consensus of medical professionals not just in the U.S., but worldwide.

On the other side, you’ve got people who read something from “Pool boy Jacob” on Reddit’s “Vax_fax_Xposed” sub-community, and decide Jacob’s a smarter dude than those guys with a the letters behind their name.

As you’ve seen in this thread directly.

The wingnuts have always been there. Four years ago, it was Kyrie Irving introducing us to the sad fact that large numbers of people think the Earth is flat.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-wizards/kyrie-irving-reveals-he-believes-earth-flat-believes-other-conspiracy-theories

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/do-people-really-think-earth-might-be-flat/

“Just 66 percent of millennials firmly believe that the Earth is round.”

The only difference now is the wingnuts' conspiracy theories have the potential to cost lives.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#34 » by shazam_guy » Thu Sep 2, 2021 9:55 pm

People honestly don't seem able to understand the difference between "I saw it online" and "I saw reliable information from reliable sources" as a measure of how likely something is. But people not understanding how science works is not a new phenomenon.

There has always been a substantial minority who think they're being lied to by all authority figures and will believe any crap if someone who agrees with them about politics says it. The social media era has just allowed them all to find each other and create their own little self-reinforcing worlds, instead of being the only people in their neighborhood who get those weird stapled pamphlets in the mail from the "We Faked The Moon Landing Society" or "The Queen Of England Heads The Illuminati -- Revealed!"
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#35 » by wco81 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 10:00 pm

Certainly makes you look differently at some posters here, certainly raises doubts about their posts on the NBA.
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#36 » by northoakland510 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 10:14 pm

Phase 3 wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:

Well, the people I know got better. I’m not encouraging anyone to use it. Just sharing their experiences. I lost an Aunt to Covid before the vaccines came out so I’m very sympathetic to how desperate people can become when their own life is on the line. This is just such a sad situation.

I can't believe a horse laxative is helping people with respiratory issues.
Mob Byers
Rookie

Post#37 » by Mob Byers » Thu Sep 2, 2021 11:22 pm

northoakland510 wrote:
Phase 3 wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:

It's definitely a lot more than a "horse *antiparasitic" (is what I think you meant). No offense but talking like that is a bit "tin foil hat" in my opinion.

You can find more info on the NIH website.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/antiviral-therapy/ivermectin/

The main thought is that it has anti-inflammatory properties and may interfere w/ the attachment of the spike protein (SARS-CoV-2). NIH recommendation is basically neutral and that more clinical trials are needed.
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#38 » by northoakland510 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 11:33 pm

Mob Byers wrote:
northoakland510 wrote:
Phase 3 wrote:

It's definitely a lot more than a "horse *antiparasitic" (is what I think you meant). No offense but talking like that is a bit "tin foil hat" in my opinion.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/antiviral-therapy/ivermectin/

The main thought is that it has anti-inflammatory properties and may interfere w/ the attachment of the spike protein (SARS-CoV-2). NIH recommendation is basically neutral and that more clinical trials are needed.
No tin foil hat here. Just not letting politics dictate whether I take a vaccine or a product used to deworm horse.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk
Mob Byers
Rookie

Post#39 » by Mob Byers » Thu Sep 2, 2021 11:53 pm

northoakland510 wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:
northoakland510 wrote:

No tin foil hat here. Just not letting politics dictate whether I take a vaccine or a product used to deworm horse.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

That's the problem, you are dictating your view based on politics saying stuff like that. There is no "or". Vaccine is great for those at higher risk of death like obese and elderly. Can even reduce symptoms and hospitalization risk in "healthy" people who chose to get it. But as we've seen you can still get COVID even with the vaccine.

There are doctors using Ivermectin + other drugs for prevention and early treatment. Monoclonal antibody treatment for prevention as well. There is no one size fits all "cure" or preventative measure to this endemic virus (we will all get it, pending a medical breakthrough).

There is actually a very interesting "plant" vaccine that is in Phase 3 of trials that I'm keeping an eye on.

My gripe isn't with the vaccine itself. It's discriminating against/demonizing the people who chose not to get the vaccine. Just not a good road to go down if you look at history (and what's happening in Australia). I mean, look at these heartless fools wishing Joe Rogan died just bc he publicly said he used Ivermectin for prevention and survived COVID. Too much divisiveness going on.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#40 » by Old_Blue » Fri Sep 3, 2021 1:01 am

wco81 wrote:Certainly makes you look differently at some posters here, certainly raises doubts about their posts on the NBA.

Which is why it's generally a good idea to walk away from the crazy person. Do so slowly though. Sudden moves are likely to trigger them even more. :lol:

Return to Golden State Warriors