ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

RealGM
And1: 39,071

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1821 » by 2010 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 1:52 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:You keep players who have attitudes like Baez.

The fallout reminds me when Omar ran the Mets and small but loud portion of the fan base went all "the Mets have to many Latino players" when the Delgado's and the Reyes' of the world were a big part of the success.

Baez / Lindor etc were misguided in their gesture but they are young and still evolving. People make mistakes.

But you know what I like about Baez? He was sticking up for his teammate who keeps being kicked while he is down. They tried to foster an “us against the world” mentality to give themselves some inspiration, some motivation. It was fine, just don’t divulge the meaning publicly.

But I like Baez. He plays off emotion. You know, the same emotions that “baseball purists and traditionalists” despise. You know, the kind of emotions that those of that ilk tend to claim disrespects the game.

The rush to turn on Lindor / Baez is as much a cultural thing as it is a performance issue.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#1822 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 3, 2021 5:10 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:bruh. i can't. this season has been such a cluster.

Bruh …

I said during last Saturday’s game against the Nats that we still had time if we made a move now especially with deGrom and Thor coming back. I thought it was all going to fall apart after “Thumbs Down-gate” but instead it appears to have galvanized the team. I’ll be very happy if we take the next 2 of 3 against the Marlins.

we had the division and shat the bed. i don't see how we get back on top from 5 games back at this point.

I was living in Philadelphia '07. We were up 7.5 games with only 17 left to play. Yes, that's an extreme case but we're finally getting hot at the right time. 5 games with 28 left to go. Not impossible at all.

POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#1823 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 5:21 pm

just keeping winning games. They have the Nats for 5 games in a row now. At minimum it needs to be 4-1 if not better at this point. Then back to the marlins for 3.

Gotta be 7-1 in that stretch. I know thats asking a lot but if they go 7-1 in that stretch.

With about 20 games to go they could be only 3 games out..which is a fighters chance and they still have 3 vs phillies and 3 vs atlanta to finish the year.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1824 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 3, 2021 5:32 pm

mpharris36 wrote:just keeping winning games. They have the Nats for 5 games in a row now. At minimum it needs to be 4-1 if not better at this point. Then back to the marlins for 3.

Gotta be 7-1 in that stretch. I know thats asking a lot but if they go 7-1 in that stretch.

With about 20 games to go they could be only 3 games out..which is a fighters chance and they still have 3 vs phillies and 3 vs atlanta to finish the year.

Everything is lining up perfectly

POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#1825 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Sep 3, 2021 6:43 pm

2010 wrote:
knickabocker88 wrote:You keep players who have attitudes like Baez.

The fallout reminds me when Omar ran the Mets and small but loud portion of the fan base went all "the Mets have to many Latino players" when the Delgado's and the Reyes' of the world were a big part of the success.

Baez / Lindor etc were misguided in their gesture but they are young and still evolving. People make mistakes.

But you know what I like about Baez? He was sticking up for his teammate who keeps being kicked while he is down. They tried to foster an “us against the world” mentality to give themselves some inspiration, some motivation. It was fine, just don’t divulge the meaning publicly.

But I like Baez. He plays off emotion. You know, the same emotions that “baseball purists and traditionalists” despise. You know, the kind of emotions that those of that ilk tend to claim disrespects the game.

The rush to turn on Lindor / Baez is as much a cultural thing as it is a performance issue.

"hey, mike. first time, long time. i, uh, don't care for these guys who, um... don't run it out to first. what about you? i'm gonna hang up and listen."
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#1826 » by blueNorange » Fri Sep 3, 2021 8:09 pm

ny fans are passionate and die hards but also reactionary and dumb.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1827 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 4, 2021 9:20 am

blueNorange wrote:ny fans are passionate and die hards but also reactionary and dumb.

We forgive you
POSTING POLICIES:
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#1828 » by knickabocker88 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 6:01 pm

NL east is atrocious, almost as bad as NFC east last season.

Let's see how they do in Miami and then schedule picks up.

Yankees, Boston, Cards, Brewers and of course Phils/Braves.
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#1829 » by knickabocker88 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:18 pm

Definition of lolMets
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1830 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 6, 2021 4:58 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:Definition of lolMets

Excuse you?

POSTING POLICIES:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#1831 » by blueNorange » Thu Sep 9, 2021 8:12 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1832 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:21 am

Rojas blew two games for us this week by taking out the starting pitcher, who was dealing, too early and the BP ended up losing both games during Manfredball. So we lose the 3 game series to the Marlins 2-1.

But this weekend should be a lot of fun. The weather will be beautiful all weekend so CF should be packed with Mets and Yankees fans. Meaningful games for both teams but more so for us.
POSTING POLICIES:
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#1833 » by DickGrayson » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:46 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:I was already on board to trade Lindor and not bring Baez back. Nothing's there has changed for me. The only guy who gets pass is Pillar. He took a fastball to the face.

Since joining the Mets,
Javier Baez is currently batting .299 with a .370 OBP and .930 OPS with game winning base running and defense...btw lead the team in homeruns since joining the Mets.

a reminder too: Baez has a ring not even with his bat, but incredibly clutch defense and baserunning. I wonder how many guys on the Mets roster have a ring right now. *checks* oh he's injured right now.

but keep your dreamguy, Kevin Pillar who's batting .210 with .260 OBP 666 OPS who doesn't steal bases as a CF.

Hopefully for Baez who's on pace to break his career high in homeruns can find franchise that isn't saturated with sensitive fans who admire hot caca talent and hate on champions. You should be on your knees repenting and glad Baez even came to this franchise. Javier has accomplished more in the last 8 seasons than the entire Mets franchise alone. He doesn't need the Mets. The Mets need him, since Mets aren't even a top 3 team in the NL East talent wise and won't be for the next 5 seasons.

The sooner Baez leaves, the better. You can spend the next decade cheering for a 4th place team while Baez goes somewhere that deserves him and he wins ANOTHER ring.

:crazy: Trade Lindor after one season? (its been a down year, but lacking the sense to know baseball is a hot/cold sport...this is why you'll never GM a team, no one moves an elite talent so abruptly after 1 year, Lindor is a key ingredient to winning if you know baseball. He's getting back into form and when he's hitting 30 homeruns with elite defense, your energy will be no where to be found). This is why Mets forever the B Grade team in NY. They tried to build around Injury Wright, epically fail, can't build a team around the best pitcher in the world, wasting his career. Top talents shouldn't come to NYM. Poor Robbie Cano has to finish his career in Queens and what's sad is he at the end of his career injured and is STILL the best clutch hitter on the Mets. Poor Mets will be begging Robbie to avoid retirement to save their depressed offense. Don't think this is a Yankee fan bashing the Mets thing, Yankees are an embarassment of wasted money and wasted roster spots on clowns who should never step in the Bronx. I grew up on University and 175th so I just went with the local team, but damn Yankee fans so entitled and annoying knowing most of them aren't from the Bronx and they come to the area drunk, **** drivers going back to Carajolandia, Long Island or NJ. I have a belief Yankees won't win **** neither. So feel free to bash the Yankees for me while you waiting 20 reincarnated lives to see Mets win a championship.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1834 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:26 pm

DickGrayson wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I was already on board to trade Lindor and not bring Baez back. Nothing's there has changed for me. The only guy who gets pass is Pillar. He took a fastball to the face.

Since joining the Mets,
Javier Baez is currently batting .299 with a .370 OBP and .930 OPS with game winning base running and defense...btw lead the team in homeruns since joining the Mets.

a reminder too: Baez has a ring not even with his bat, but incredibly clutch defense and baserunning. I wonder how many guys on the Mets roster have a ring right now. *checks* oh he's injured right now.

but keep your dreamguy, Kevin Pillar who's batting .210 with .260 OBP 666 OPS who doesn't steal bases as a CF.

Hopefully for Baez who's on pace to break his career high in homeruns can find franchise that isn't saturated with sensitive fans who admire hot caca talent and hate on champions. You should be on your knees repenting and glad Baez even came to this franchise. Javier has accomplished more in the last 8 seasons than the entire Mets franchise alone. He doesn't need the Mets. The Mets need him, since Mets aren't even a top 3 team in the NL East talent wise and won't be for the next 5 seasons.

The sooner Baez leaves, the better. You can spend the next decade cheering for a 4th place team while Baez goes somewhere that deserves him and he wins ANOTHER ring.

:crazy: Trade Lindor after one season? (its been a down year, but lacking the sense to know baseball is a hot/cold sport...this is why you'll never GM a team, no one moves an elite talent so abruptly after 1 year, Lindor is a key ingredient to winning if you know baseball. He's getting back into form and when he's hitting 30 homeruns with elite defense, your energy will be no where to be found). This is why Mets forever the B Grade team in NY. They tried to build around Injury Wright, epically fail, can't build a team around the best pitcher in the world, wasting his career. Top talents shouldn't come to NYM. Poor Robbie Cano has to finish his career in Queens and what's sad is he at the end of his career injured and is STILL the best clutch hitter on the Mets. Poor Mets will be begging Robbie to avoid retirement to save their depressed offense. Don't think this is a Yankee fan bashing the Mets thing, Yankees are an embarassment of wasted money and wasted roster spots on clowns who should never step in the Bronx. I grew up on University and 175th so I just went with the local team, but damn Yankee fans so entitled and annoying knowing most of them aren't from the Bronx and they come to the area drunk, **** drivers going back to Carajolandia, Long Island or NJ. I have a belief Yankees won't win **** neither. So feel free to bash the Yankees for me while you waiting 20 reincarnated lives to see Mets win a championship.

Ha, you didn’t need to go through all that. I’ve been watching. I’m converted.

Gotta bring Baez back. Seems like the team has gotten him to not try and hit a grand slam on every pitch.
POSTING POLICIES:
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,464

Post#1835 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:06 pm

Theo Epstein rumors getting louder and louder!!!!!!

Get it done!!!!!!!!!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1836 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:00 am

How about Rojas saying that he manages every game the same regardless of whether it's the first game of the season or the last. WTF? Even Boone got that answer right.

Hopefully Epstein comes here and hires a new manager.
POSTING POLICIES:
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,464

Post#1837 » by TheGreenArrow » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:26 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:How about Rojas saying that he manages every game the same regardless of whether it's the first game of the season or the last. WTF? Even Boone got that answer right.

Hopefully Epstein comes here and hires a new manager.

I honestly wish Beltran wasn’t part of the cheating scandal!!!!

I truly believed he was destined to be a great manager!!!!!
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,949

Post#1838 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:11 pm

Step 1: Get Theo Epstein.
Step 2: Let him do his thing.

As always with the Mets, the talent is there. This offseason will be crucial because if we throw big money at the wrong guy, we're going to lose some guys.

Alonso facing arbitration, do we extend him in a good faith deal?
McNeil, what the hell happened to him?
Davis, another year and another question of is he our every day third basemen?
Lindor is going no where.
Did Baez do enough here to earn himself a 150-200 million dollar deal?
What the hell do we do with Conforto? Does he gamble with a one year prove it deal?
Nimmo will be in his final year of arbitration.
Both Stroman and Thor will be UFA's, two of the better options considering their age.
Our bullpen will need to be revamped, Familia, Hand, Betances and Loup will all be free agents.
We still have Cano for two more years to deal with.

All the optimism from last offseason is long gone, it will be interesting to see how we approach this.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1839 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:21 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Step 1: Get Theo Epstein.
Step 2: Let him do his thing.

As always with the Mets, the talent is there. This offseason will be crucial because if we throw big money at the wrong guy, we're going to lose some guys.

Alonso facing arbitration, do we extend him in a good faith deal?
McNeil, what the hell happened to him?
Davis, another year and another question of is he our every day third basemen?
Lindor is going no where.
Did Baez do enough here to earn himself a 150-200 million dollar deal?
What the hell do we do with Conforto? Does he gamble with a one year prove it deal?
Nimmo will be in his final year of arbitration.
Both Stroman and Thor will be UFA's, two of the better options considering their age.
Our bullpen will need to be revamped, Familia, Hand, Betances and Loup will all be free agents.
We still have Cano for two more years to deal with.

All the optimism from last offseason is long gone, it will be interesting to see how we approach this.

We could see a completely new Mets OF next season. What about Dom Smith? Will there be a DH in the NL next season?

Have you scouted out the free agent market yet?
POSTING POLICIES:
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,949

Post#1840 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:38 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:We could see a completely new Mets OF next season. What about Dom Smith? Will there be a DH in the NL next season?

Have you scouted out the free agent market yet?

Dom will only be entering the second year of arbitration, he hasn't deserved the good faith extension that some teams have done with their younger guys. Best name in the OF will probably be Nick Castellanos, haven't scouted because free agency that much though.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones

Return to New York Knicks