ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,353

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#141 » by F N 11 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:22 pm

Even Stanton says playing outfield helps his focus at the plate. Let’s Keep it going boys.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#142 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Butch718 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Stanton is playing well. Judge is on fire now. Even Sanchez is no longer ruining the batting order. Amazing how much things changed so quickly.

I took them this long to figure out that Stanton needed to play consistently in the OF in order to start getting a rhythm at the plate. Also his HR's aren't garbage time dingers either. He's leading the team HR's that turn into leads.

Yeah, try sitting in your chair for 3 hours, then suddenly get up and run. Oops, legs are stiff.

His HR last night was not only the first run of the game but it was a 473 foot monster that shocked the fans sitting in the upper deck in the outfield and demoralized the Oakland starter.

Real players play.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#143 » by blue and orange » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:49 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Stanton is playing well. Judge is on fire now. Even Sanchez is no longer ruining the batting order. Amazing how much things changed so quickly.

I took them this long to figure out that Stanton needed to play consistently in the OF in order to start getting a rhythm at the plate. Also his HR's aren't garbage time dingers either. He's leading the team HR's that turn into leads.

Yeah, try sitting in your chair for 3 hours, then suddenly get up and run. Oops, legs are stiff.

His HR last night was not only the first run of the game but it was a 473 foot monster that shocked the fans sitting in the upper deck in the outfield and demoralized the Oakland starter.

Real players play.

Making Stanton a full time DH was a stupid idea to begin with. He is 31 stop taking him out of games all the time too replacing him with Gardner.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#144 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:02 pm

blue and orange wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

Real players play.

Making Stanton a full time DH was a stupid idea to begin with. He is 31 stop taking him out of games all the time too replacing him with Gardner.

Gardner had a good career, but this is probably his last year and he is best at filling in at the end of lopsided games or if we have injuries. He's just an off the bench kind of player now. Nothing to be ashamed about. But Stanton can be killa.

blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#145 » by blue and orange » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:40 pm

BKlutch wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Yeah, try sitting in your chair for 3 hours, then suddenly get up and run. Oops, legs are stiff.

Real players play.

Gardner had a good career, but this is probably his last year and he is best at filling in at the end of lopsided games or if we have injuries. He's just an off the bench kind of player now. Nothing to be ashamed about. But Stanton can be killa.

Ya I have no issue with Gardy getting some starts here and there. He is still reliable and more effective when he’s not playing in CF everyday. I get why Stanton is coming out of games, but everyday, his defense is passable it’s not like he’s Andujar in the field, but whatever long as we’re winning won’t always agree on a managers decisions.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,693

Post#146 » by ccvle » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:16 pm

blue and orange wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
blue and orange wrote:

Ya I have no issue with Gardy getting some starts here and there. He is still reliable and more effective when he’s not playing in CF everyday. I get why Stanton is coming out of games, but everyday, his defense is passable it’s not like he’s Andujar in the field, but whatever long as we’re winning won’t always agree on a managers decisions.

If I remember correctly, none of his inquiries in Miami were outfield fielding related.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,693

Post#147 » by ccvle » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:18 pm

Can someone check Stantons stats since the day he started playing outfield again?
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#148 » by blue and orange » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:26 am

ccvle wrote:Can someone check Stantons stats since the day he started playing outfield again?

Pretty sure hes hitting over .300, a wasted performance last night. I still not a fan of Boone, it was obvious that Kluber needed to be taken out, after 3 innings. Heaney has no business being on this roster now over Gil. Just take 2 out of 3 against the Angels and sweep the Orioles and well be in drivers seat for the wild card, the division was a bit of a pipe dream, really screwed ourselves with the 41-40 start, 7 games behind the Rays with a month left ya not happening.
Jump Shot
Analyst
And1: 971

Post#149 » by Jump Shot » Wed Sep 1, 2021 7:56 am

Ah, the Yankees. Such a silly team.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,353

Post#150 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 11:32 am

Really lost 3 in artisans losing to the Angels lol
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#151 » by blue and orange » Wed Sep 1, 2021 11:38 am

Their such a streaky team. Win 5 lose 5, win 13 lose 4. Great teams just simply take 2 of every 3,and sweep bad teams.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#152 » by BKlutch » Wed Sep 1, 2021 9:38 pm

knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#153 » by knickabocker88 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 11:47 pm

BKlutch wrote:At least Cash isn't out all night drinking and getting busted for DUI!
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32127671/new-york-mets-acting-gm-zack-scott-facing-dui-charge-join-team-road-trip

Cash out here getting extorted by C level women

As for the team, kinda like Pachino in Godfather 3. As soon as they let me out they pull me back in.

Streaky Bats and crappy Bullpen.

Rather have them miss the playoffs then get embarrassed by Hou or Tampa
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,616

Post#154 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Sep 2, 2021 11:37 am

Mike Trout needs to demand a trade to New York. His career is getting effed up
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#155 » by blue and orange » Thu Sep 2, 2021 11:10 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:At least Cash isn't out all night drinking and getting busted for DUI!
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32127671/new-york-mets-acting-gm-zack-scott-facing-dui-charge-join-team-road-trip

Cash out here getting extorted by C level women

As for the team, kinda like Pachino in Godfather 3. As soon as they let me out they pull me back in.

Streaky Bats and crappy Bullpen.

Rather have them miss the playoffs then get embarrassed by Hou or Tampa

With Garrett Cole I'm gonna believe that theres a chance, starting pitching has been good all year. I dont trust the lineup or Boone.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#156 » by blue and orange » Thu Sep 2, 2021 11:11 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Mike Trout needs to demand a trade to New York. His career is getting effed up

He shouldve thought about that before he signed that deal, I dont feel bad for him, I feel bad that hes injured.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#157 » by Papi_swav » Fri Sep 3, 2021 7:49 am

Judge is heating up, he's going for that batting title.
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#158 » by knickabocker88 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 3:14 am

I got nervous when they rushed Stanton after the walk off and then when that moron Gardner tried to dump ice over him on the post game.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#159 » by GEOLINK » Sat Sep 4, 2021 6:03 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:Mike Trout needs to demand a trade to New York. His career is getting effed up

Mike Trout, who? Give me Ohtani.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,616

Post#160 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Sep 4, 2021 3:57 pm

GEOLINK wrote:

Mike Trout, who? Give me Ohtani.

Yah don’t care about him. He had a chance to actually come to New York and chose to go west

Return to New York Knicks