Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Re: Around The NBA 

Post#1141 » by dice » Sun Sep 5, 2021 12:00 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Well, we see Detroit is on the draft pick accumulation plan :lol:

far more interesting from brooklyn's perspective. jordan has been good for them. per 36 averages:

13/14 + 2 blocks on 71% ts while playing more than 20 minutes a game

goes to show that every team has a financial choke point
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1142 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 12:59 am

dice wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

far more interesting from brooklyn's perspective. jordan has been good for them. per 36 averages:

Not really a financial choke point. He was the piece to ensure that KD and Kyrie signed on.
They barely used him and with Claxton, Griffin, Aldridge, Millsap in the fold, there is no need to keep him around.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,206

Post#1143 » by fleet » Sun Sep 5, 2021 1:54 am

exactly. What?

Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
dice
RealGM

Post#1144 » by dice » Sun Sep 5, 2021 1:57 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
dice wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:

Not really a financial choke point. He was the piece to ensure that KD and Kyrie signed on.
They barely used him and with Claxton, Griffin, Aldridge, Millsap in the fold, there is no need to keep him around.

over 20 mpg is far from barely used
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1145 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 3:04 am

dice wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
dice wrote:far more interesting from brooklyn's perspective. jordan has been good for them. per 36 averages:

I was referring to the playoffs. They took him out of the lineup during key times and series.
dice
RealGM

Post#1146 » by dice » Sun Sep 5, 2021 3:11 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
dice wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:

I was referring to the playoffs. They took him out of the lineup during key times and series.

they didn't play him at all in the playoffs
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#1147 » by Andi Obst » Sun Sep 5, 2021 6:07 am

dice wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
dice wrote:over 20 mpg is far from barely used

For good reasons.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1148 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 7:21 am

dice wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
dice wrote:over 20 mpg is far from barely used

I was trying to be "nice" about it but yeah. His benching in the playoffs wrote his ticket out of town.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,703

Post#1149 » by jc23 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 8:14 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
dice wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:

I was trying to be "nice" about it but yeah. His benching in the playoffs wrote his ticket out of town.

Thats why lebron only keeps friends in the NBA who are superstars or vet min guys. KD should have known better when forming this super team.
Be curious, Not judgmental
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1150 » by fleet » Mon Sep 6, 2021 6:02 am

Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1151 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Sep 6, 2021 1:00 pm

fleet wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lakers 5 back then: David who?

Lakers 5 now: playing as a center hurts my toenails.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#1152 » by erlim » Mon Sep 6, 2021 1:59 pm

fleet wrote:
Read on Twitter

Shaq seems to have gotten way WAY WAY stronger those championship years with the Lakers. Our Championship guys like Longley and Rodman never got turned into paste like that, and we are talking David Robinson not Tim Thomas. I remember old Shaq frustrating prime Noah making him pick up a bunch of fouls.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#1153 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Sep 6, 2021 3:54 pm

fleet wrote:
Read on Twitter

But I thought Shaq was just big with no skills? He was big, but bug with good footwork and speed. Big and string was part of his skill set for sure but everyone forgets how fast he could move when inspired. He also had an insanely quick jump for a man his size. He was easy to hate too because I mean what do you do against that? This was the admiral who was also super skilled and strong.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,440

Post#1154 » by samwana » Mon Sep 6, 2021 4:09 pm

Hey guys, I don't know where to ask, but I can't see the Bulls board listed anymore under team forums here. Since I use the realgm app and using that index to get here, it's annoying me big time. Anyone else got this problem?

RealGM mobile app
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1155 » by fleet » Mon Sep 6, 2021 4:17 pm

samwana wrote:Hey guys, I don't know where to ask, but I can't see the Bulls board listed anymore under team forums here. Since I use the realgm app and using that index to get here, it's annoying me big time. Anyone else got this problem?

RealGM mobile app

Not aware of what the issue is, but this is where to get an answer
viewforum.php?f=40
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,440

Post#1156 » by samwana » Mon Sep 6, 2021 9:55 pm

fleet wrote:
samwana wrote:Hey guys, I don't know where to ask, but I can't see the Bulls board listed anymore under team forums here. Since I use the realgm app and using that index to get here, it's annoying me big time. Anyone else got this problem?

RealGM mobile app

Not aware of what the issue is, but this is where to get an answer
viewforum.php?f=40
It's fixed

RealGM mobile app
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#1157 » by erlim » Tue Sep 7, 2021 9:12 am

fleet wrote:exactly. What?

Read on Twitter

I feel like if The Last Dance didn’t drop last year, the Bulls franchise would be more known for this ‘angry robot reading a book’ meme than as a basketball team. Losing sucks.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1158 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Sep 7, 2021 9:27 pm

https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/tj-warren-update-210907

"
T.J. Warren Update
Posted: Sep 07, 2021

Indiana Pacers forward T.J. Warren’s stress fracture in his left foot is healing during the rehabilitation process; but not at the pace previously anticipated. He remains out indefinitely, and further updates will be provided as warranted."

Not good. I actually quite like his game, hope he can get through this.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Post#1159 » by Dan Z » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:49 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
fleet wrote:
Read on Twitter

But I thought Shaq was just big with no skills? He was big, but bug with good footwork and speed. Big and string was part of his skill set for sure but everyone forgets how fast he could move when inspired. He also had an insanely quick jump for a man his size. He was easy to hate too because I mean what do you do against that? This was the admiral who was also super skilled and strong.

I was never a fan of his style of play, but Shaq was one of the most dominating players the NBA has ever seen. In his prime, when you passed him the ball down low, it was very difficult to stop him. The NBA didn't really know what to do to counter him (which is why hack a shaq happened). Imagine if he had the same drive of someone like Jordan? We'd probably be talking about GOAT with Shaq.

But that just isn't who he is (even though he was motivated...you don't get as far as he did without a certain level of motivation).
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Post#1160 » by Dan Z » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:56 am

I'm not sure what they could really offer the Sixers.

"Cavaliers Continue To Seek Trade For Ben Simmons":

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264022/Cavaliers-Continue-To-Seek-Trade-For-Ben-Simmons

Return to Chicago Bulls