Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Off Season Player Workouts

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Re: Bulls Off Season Player Workouts 

Post#21 » by BullChit » Thu Sep 9, 2021 1:01 pm

gardenofsound wrote:
FriedRise wrote:3 weeks from training camp and looks like our guys are already in the building together.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I gotta say, that photo of Vuc looks... alarming to me. He looks gaunt.

Hoping it's just the lighting.

These kinds of posts are exactly why I love these threads...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#22 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Sep 9, 2021 1:14 pm

Zach putting in the work.

Read on Twitter
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,288

Post#23 » by Stratmaster » Thu Sep 9, 2021 1:32 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Zach putting in the work.

Read on Twitter
There Zach goes again. Out on the town until 1 a.m.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
jsleesl28
Freshman
And1: 59

Post#24 » by jsleesl28 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 3:41 pm

havent been this excited about bulls season since 2010-2012 lol.

good to see our vets working out this early together in Chicago.

and you cant beat Chicago in September. Probably the best weather here the whole year.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#25 » by BullChit » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:00 am

sco wrote:
Flopper wrote:
gardenofsound wrote:
I gotta say, that photo of Vuc looks... alarming to me. He looks gaunt.

Hoping it's just the lighting.

He's got those Phil Jackson shoulders.

I think it's the pose. Anyway, I really don't mind him dropping a few pounds now that he's over 30 to save those knees and back and maybe pick up a little quickness.

He heard all the talk about small ball line ups and wanted to make sure of his place on the team
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#26 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:04 am

Chi town wrote:Seeing most of our rotation already practicing together is SIGNIFICANT. Chemistry on and off the court develops this way and this should go along way in helping us get off to a fast start.

To be fair they need to do this as this group has never played together. I’m glad to see it but this isn’t above and beyond, this is what the job requires with a whole new look team. Only Zach had his role 1 year ago. White was the starting PG and Pat was playing the 3. Everyone else is new from last years opening day. It is crazy to fathom that honestly, especially when last year pretty much Temple and Pat were the only changes. The schedule is tough to start, so they need to be putting this work in. Zach has been leading by example too, he started the offseason training with Coby and Pat as a priority. That’s what a leader does right? I don’t really expect them to get out of the blocks fast though I think they still have a big learning curve (new remasters, new defensive scheme and new offensive scheme), but I expect them to look good in the second half of the season.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#27 » by d boy gentleman » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:19 am

Read on Twitter

What a slouch Zach is, trade him now AKME.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#28 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:48 am

d boy gentleman wrote:

Read on Twitter

What a slouch Zach is, trade him now AKME.

This is his year to make his career. He has the respect now (All-Star, Olympic Gold) has some team mates, a stable coach etc... He has a new agent who is looking to market him (or I assume that is why he went with Klutch) so he likely has more invested in this years success than any other player. Contract years are great even if it is assumed that he will get the max regardless. He doesn't seem like a guy who just wants the Max though he wants to be the man and earn his pay. He out performed his last contract, and is going to get paid. Doing this is what a player who wants to be a star has to do and he is doing it. His work ethic has never been in question. If he takes another jump this year it is good, because the Bulls are in the best position to sign him. Even before the additions of Ball and DDR Zach was set to work out with Coby and Pat. Guy wants to lead by example, and that is never a bad thing honestly. not saying he is Jordan but that aspect of Jordan or any of the top players is what makes a team better. He wanted this, AK is giving him the opportunity. Lets hope for the best, everyone from top to bottom seems to be doing their job.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#29 » by cool007 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:43 pm

I have been watching the highlights for the entire season last year and this is the first time I feel like Lavine should have taken more shots - there is no one on the team that was more efficient so I rather him take more shots than anyone else. I was also watching games/highlights from Rose's MVP year and he was not as efficient and was taking more shots than Lavine and he became MVP.

I really hope Lavine doesn't take a backseat this year and just try to get his in the 2nd half. Let others adjust to him and that includes both Vuc and Demar. He can not be one of the "eual opportunity" offense, he SHOULD be the primary option with 22 to 25 shots a game an then Demar/Vuc and then everyone else. We have to have that order set by Billy D.

If Bulls have good success this year, Lavine SHOULD be in the MVP conversation atleast, if not more.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#30 » by coldfish » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:21 am

Vucevic looks like he has grown an inch.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#31 » by sco » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 pm

cool007 wrote:I have been watching the highlights for the entire season last year and this is the first time I feel like Lavine should have taken more shots - there is no one on the team that was more efficient so I rather him take more shots than anyone else. I was also watching games/highlights from Rose's MVP year and he was not as efficient and was taking more shots than Lavine and he became MVP.

I really hope Lavine doesn't take a backseat this year and just try to get his in the 2nd half. Let others adjust to him and that includes both Vuc and Demar. He can not be one of the "eual opportunity" offense, he SHOULD be the primary option with 22 to 25 shots a game an then Demar/Vuc and then everyone else. We have to have that order set by Billy D.

If Bulls have good success this year, Lavine SHOULD be in the MVP conversation atleast, if not more.

It's a fine line with Zach, he is still a risk to take a bunch of long-contested 2's and dribble into packed paint situations for TO's. I also think he was trying to help out Coby and Pat to get them going. Chemistry and balance will be key. I am surprisingly confident that Billy will make things work.
:clap:
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,948

Post#32 » by Chi town » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:46 pm

Lonzo is I town and working out at Advertising cate Center via IG.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,574

Post#33 » by Clocian » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Damn I love Hip Hop!
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#34 » by d boy gentleman » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:30 pm

Clocian wrote:
Read on Twitter

Zo!

Haven't been this excited about a season since 2010-11
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#35 » by SHO'NUFF » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:13 am

Who's this skinny fit guy?
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#36 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:23 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:Image

Who's this skinny fit guy?

He doesn't look skinny, he looks lean and fit. He looks like he is great condition!

He has never been a bulky guy, and perhaps he was asked to trim down slightly for more mobility due to how they expect him to play.

It's great to see all the players down in Chicago getting ready for training camp, which is still several weeks away. My anticipation for the season is really high right now, and I can't wait!
Why so serious?
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#37 » by FriedRise » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Read on Twitter
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#38 » by cool007 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:28 pm

Yeah conditioning will be very important if we are going to be running a lot. We need to play a very fast pace game with all the athletes we have on our team now. Also, it's good for defense as well if we are going to double and then recover fast.

Can't wait.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#39 » by coldfish » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:49 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Am I wrong or does it seem like most of the team is working out in Chicago? Also, this does not seem typical.
Fl_Flash
Starter
And1: 376

Post#40 » by Fl_Flash » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:06 pm

I'll post the question here as it's as good as any place....

When does training camp officially start? I believe the first preseason game is less than 3 weeks off. I would think there would be a media day followed up by the start of training camp.

I"m curious to see what this team looks like. I'll have reserved optimism. Fool me one year, shame on you. Fool me for the last four years - shame on me!

Return to Chicago Bulls