ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1741 » by Mr B » Thu Sep 9, 2021 8:11 pm

KhalilS wrote:No way, KP doesn't this kind of value, and of all teams, RC coached team definitely won't do it.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

I think you underestimate Carlisle. I honestly don’t think he holds any kind of grudge against the Mavs players. If McCullum could help his team and trading with the Mavs in order to get a player that will help his team, I have no doubt he would do it.

The value thing is understandable though. I can see why people would think KP’s value is super low. Fact is though we really don’t know what KP’s value is. He’s been healthy for over a year now and by all accounts has been working extremely hard to get back to being the player he was. At his peak there is no way anyone would trade KP for anyone in this trade.

Portland has made it known they would like a to move McCullum if they can get an upgrade. Is the fit of elite KP/Dame better than the fit of Dame/CJ? We already know Dame/CJ isn’t enough to get past the first round.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1742 » by Mavrelous » Thu Sep 9, 2021 8:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
KhalilS wrote:No way, KP doesn't this kind of value, and of all teams, RC coached team definitely won't do it.

I think you underestimate Carlisle. I honestly don’t think he holds any kind of grudge against the Mavs players. If McCullum could help his team and trading with the Mavs in order to get a player that will help his team, I have no doubt he would do it.

The value thing is understandable though. I can see why people would think KP’s value is super low. Fact is though we really don’t know what KP’s value is. He’s been healthy for over a year now and by all accounts has been working extremely hard to get back to being the player he was. At his peak there is no way anyone would trade KP for anyone in this trade.

Portland has made it known they would like a to move McCullum if they can get an upgrade. Is the fit of elite KP/Dame better than the fit of Dame/CJ? We already know Dame/CJ isn’t enough to get past the first round.

Oooops, sorry, I thought KP ws going to Indy forgot the McCollum part, I don't think RC can utilize KP well enough, that's why I commented.
I think POR should move on from CJ, I'd actually kill to have him, I think him or Sexton are the missing pieces to complete the roster with healthy KP, I'd actually rather have him than Turner, Turner is at all time high value.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#1743 » by Mr B » Thu Sep 9, 2021 10:01 pm

KhalilS wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Oooops, sorry, I thought KP ws going to Indy forgot the McCollum part, I don't think RC can utilize KP well enough, that's why I commented.
I think POR should move on from CJ, I'd actually kill to have him, I think him or Sexton are the missing pieces to complete the roster with healthy KP, I'd actually rather have him than Turner, Turner is at all time high value.

I would love CJ too but I also would really love Turner because of his defense. He also gives you just enough offense. He’s not the elite scorer that KP has potential to be or not as good a scorer as CJ but for me, his defense is what sets him apart from CJ or KP. Turner could be the Tyson Chandler we’re looking for.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,898

Post#1744 » by HMFFL » Thu Sep 9, 2021 10:37 pm

CJ at 33-35 million per season concerns me because I don't view him as a second option on a true championship team. He only has two years left but still.

As our new front office proceeds forward, I want anyone being paid thirty or more million per season to be a consistent all-star quality talent.

@ 29 years of age, CJ has never been an all-star, but has made $117 million, and will have made $185 million once he becomes a free agent. However, Portland will probably extend him before he's a free agent, because players aren't lining up to play for them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#1745 » by ejs78 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Rule #1 never listen to Dalton Trigg and his team about trades
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#1746 » by Mavrelous » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:42 pm

HMFFL wrote:CJ at 33-35 million per season concerns me because I don't view him as a second option on a true championship team. He only has two years left but still.

As our new front office proceeds forward, I want anyone being paid thirty or more million per season to be a consistent all-star quality talent.

@ 29 years of age, CJ has never been an all-star, but has made $117 million, and will have made $185 million once he becomes a free agent. However, Portland will probably extend him before he's a free agent, because players aren't lining up to play for them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

He has 100/3 contract, like KP, him being overpaid is what makes him attainable, Blazers lack wings, so I'd think a deal around Powell and DFS, the problem is matching the rest of his salary.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#1747 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:20 am

What do you think of this 3-way deal?

Mavericks, Thunder and Kings

DAL trades Powell/Stein/Burke for Hield/Favors
Dallas absorbs salary to add one more shooter.
Doncic, Hield, Bullock, Porzingis, Kleber
Brunson, Hardaway, Smith, Favors, Brown

OKC trades Favors/Williams for Powell/Stein
Oklahoma City adds size.
Alexander, Dort, Giddey, Pokusevski, Powell
Maledon, Mann, Robinson, Muscala, Stein

SAC trades Hield for Burke/Williams
The Kings move on from Buddy to concentrate on their franchise guards. By absorbing Trey with the Joseph TPE, and absorbing Kenrich with the Bjelica TPE, they create a brand new $22.4mil TPE for future use.
Fox, Haliburton, Barnes, Bagley, Holmes
Mitchell, Davis, Harkless, Williams, Len
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#1748 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:52 am

That should be a home run for us. Pretty impossible.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#1749 » by daoneandonly » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:18 pm

Hield and CJ are terrible fits. Sure they can shoot, but they suck at almost everything else, no need to go after those types.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,536

Post#1750 » by jpengland » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:54 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:What do you think of this 3-way deal?

Oklahoma City adds size.

The Kings move on from Buddy to concentrate on their franchise guards. By absorbing Trey with the Joseph TPE, and absorbing Kenrich with the Bjelica TPE, they create a brand new $22.4mil TPE for future use.

We would of course make that trade.

OKC run a mile though.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 831

Post#1751 » by Teffer10 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:06 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:What do you think of this 3-way deal?

Oklahoma City adds size.

I don't know about the deal but if you were a Mavs fan you'd almost be my best friend on this board!!!
Go Chiefs, Royals and Hawks!!!
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1752 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:04 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Hield and CJ are terrible fits. Sure they can shoot, but they suck at almost everything else, no need to go after those types.

Powell, Burke and Stein instead are very complete players :lol:
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1753 » by daoneandonly » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:11 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Hield and CJ are terrible fits. Sure they can shoot, but they suck at almost everything else, no need to go after those types.

Id rather have WCS at 4 mil for one year than those two at their price tags. There's a reason why Hield doesnt even figure to start and PDX underachieves even though they have an MVP level talent, its because Hield and CJ suck. People look at a scoring boxscore and fall in love with it.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1754 » by Bob8 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:26 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Id rather have WCS at 4 mil for one year than those two at their price tags. There's a reason why Hield doesnt even figure to start and PDX underachieves even though they have an MVP level talent, its because Hield and CJ suck. People look at a scoring boxscore and fall in love with it.

Problem in Mavs is exactly that, take Luka and THJ out and nobody is able to score. Who cares, if someone is shooting 40% for 3, if he makes only 1 or 2 3s per game. You need players, who can score, while Luka is out or having off game. Mavs are theoretically very good team, if Luka plays 48 minutes. Clippers series was lost, when Luka wasn't playing and nothing has changed in that regard this year. Mavs are desperately needing some real talent instead of Kleber, DFS, Bullock...Or those players are solid add, if you already have good team.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1755 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:40 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

With this way of thinking we are stuck in mediocrity and without assets. Well done.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1756 » by daoneandonly » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:43 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

With this way of thinking we are stuck in mediocrity and without assets. Well done.

And how are we not stuck paying CJ 30+ mil each of the next 3 years or Hield 20 mil? Those guys are massively overpaid and have no trade value, if they did, guess what, they would ahve been traded already. There's an aspect of basketball called defense that kind of matters. Look at this year's champions. They dont have one trick ponies like CJ or Hield.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#1757 » by Bob8 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:59 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

And how are we not stuck paying CJ 30+ mil each of the next 3 years or Hield 20 mil? Those guys are massively overpaid and have no trade value, if they did, guess what, they would ahve been traded already. There's an aspect of basketball called defense that kind of matters. Look at this year's champions. They dont have one trick ponies like CJ or Hield.

...and they don't have DFS and Kleber as starters too.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1758 » by daoneandonly » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:48 pm

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Those guys make a combined 12 mil a year. A fraction of what each of CJ or Hield make, so there's no argument for either of those guys
Bob8
General Manager

Post#1759 » by Bob8 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:26 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Those guys make a combined 12 mil a year. A fraction of what each of CJ or Hield make, so there's no argument for either of those guys

They are starters. They will need to be replaced by someone much better sooner than later. Knowing that stars are not coming in Dallas, Mavs will need to find players that are better and available. Maybe those 2 are not the answer, maybe Markkanen wasn't the answer either, but not doing anything is not the answer too. KP, Kleber, DFS, Brunson, Green...should have brought something, if not Mavs are **** anyway.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1760 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:47 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

I don't like CJ but would be easily the second best player on this team, Hield is basically THJ...our roster are full of scrubs who can't dribble, CJ would be a huge improvement.
I prefer trade for others players for sure but , in our situation, talk **** about a players like CJ and Hield is stupid.
Like someone did with Markaneen days ago.
We need talents, doesn't matter if they don't fit.

And about defense, OMG we allowed Kawhi and PG shoots 70% from the fields. Who are our defender??? Nobody.

Return to Dallas Mavericks