Steph's 2nd best basketball ability?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Re: Steph's 2nd best basketball ability? 

Post#81 » by Spintown » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:47 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
LeBron gave up and sat home in 2019 when he didn't have a top 5 player carry him in the RS in a real conference :lol: :lol: :lol:

Between one of you lying about him crying to Silver to another lying about the lakers being injured, im amazed that yall are trying those old "lie on em" tactics in this era. Now, u post proof or stfu. You dont pile on lie after lie. That worked back before the net, lol

you LeBron stans brought the lies to this thread to slander Steph, imma start going twice as ham on LeBron, this is nothing, there is a lot of material to work with.

Not even a Lebron stan so...

and you are the one that brought up Lebron in a Curry thread in a way to deflect. You are obsessed, you need go see a therapist to get some mental work done :lol:
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,091

Post#82 » by art_tatum » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:53 pm

1. shooting (and gravity ill put in one)- best in the league

2. Off ball movement- best in the league

3. Finishing around the basket- consistently one of the top guards in layup %. Knows how to use english.

4. Rebounding - very good rebounder for his size. 5-6 rebounds a game now in his prime. Example: last year he had 5.5 rebounds. Look at the 6-7 to 6-11 star guards and small fowards that average 7-8 rebounds a game. They are called good rebounders. Thats a difference of 1.5 to 2 rebounds a game.

5. Passing- above average for a pg. Dropped 8.5 assists when he was a traditional point guard not even in his prime and pre-stats/pace inflation that happened the past 4 years. Still drops 5-7 assists per game now in his prime even when he is primarily off ball. Also top of the league in hockey assists.
Rodwilliams
Bench Warmer
And1: 962

Post#83 » by Rodwilliams » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:13 pm

SpreeS wrote:
Rodwilliams wrote:
SpreeS wrote:TOP3 in REB between guard smaller than 6-4

Westbrook
Murray
Curry

You know he only averaged one more rebound than Dame right?

So?

You made it sound like it was some incredible feat. I’m like hold up, Damian Lillard did the same thing averaging one less rebound.
Harry Garris wrote: Curry can turn non playoff teams into title contenders.

Not if the team doesn’t have elite defenders[/quote]
What a pointless statement.Every Finals team had elite role players[/quote]
Rodwilliams wrote:Duh!Thats what I just said. Eat your own words
Rodwilliams
Bench Warmer

Post#84 » by Rodwilliams » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:18 pm

SUPERVILLAIN wrote:Extraordinary gravitational pull.

Found a video with James Harden literally doing the same exact thing. Y’all gotta do better bro.

Rodwilliams
Bench Warmer

Post#85 » by Rodwilliams » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:24 pm

JN61 wrote:
Rodwilliams wrote:

Westbrook
Murray
Curry

While I haven't looked into this he has a point. Curry's TRB% is 8.5 and Lillard is at 6.3. Curry also has higher % than Murray. For his size Curry is good at hunting down rebounds by all accounts

Faster pace + more threes being taken = more rebounds. Ball bounces out further from threes being taken which allows point guards to get more rebounds. You really think Curry is down there boxing out getting those rebounds?

BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#86 » by BoatsNZones » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:27 pm

Rodwilliams wrote:
JN61 wrote:
Rodwilliams wrote:

While I haven't looked into this he has a point. Curry's TRB% is 8.5 and Lillard is at 6.3. Curry also has higher % than Murray. For his size Curry is good at hunting down rebounds by all accounts

Faster pace + more threes being taken = more rebounds. Ball bounces out further from threes being taken which allows point guards to get more rebounds. You really think Curry is down there boxing out getting those rebounds?

%'s are hard huh.
Rodwilliams
Bench Warmer

Post#87 » by Rodwilliams » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:34 pm

BoatsNZones wrote:
Rodwilliams wrote:
JN61 wrote:While I haven't looked into this he has a point. Curry's TRB% is 8.5 and Lillard is at 6.3. Curry also has higher % than Murray. For his size Curry is good at hunting down rebounds by all accounts

%'s are hard huh.

I’ll be honest I’m not too good with advanced stats. I was just using common sense on how the rebounds are acquired. Dame still isn’t far behind him regardless in rebounding.

BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#88 » by BoatsNZones » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:45 pm

Rodwilliams wrote:
BoatsNZones wrote:
Rodwilliams wrote:

%'s are hard huh.

I’ll be honest I’m not too good with advanced stats. I was just using common sense on how the rebounds are acquired. Dame still isn’t far behind him regardless in rebounding.

I was just being a dick sorry. If it's a percentage it just means it's the percentage of rebounds acquired relative to rebounds available, so pace/possessions is irrelevant (rebounds per game it would matter). Steph's not a great rebounder, but like his defense he's smart/aware and acts quickly. It's something he was always decent at, and got much better as he built up his strength/bbiq over the years (and has never hunted for them ahead of teammates like some do). Not something I'd look at as elite, just another thing he's very solid at.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#89 » by JN61 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:02 pm

Rodwilliams wrote:
JN61 wrote:
Rodwilliams wrote:

No. I don't think one bit Curry is down there fighting for rebounds and boxing out. I haven't seen any other normal sized PG than Westbrook do it regularly. What Curry do (is my assumption) is quick with his feet and hunts down rebounds that bounce away from the reach of bigger players. That is very valuable for your team no doubt. Long rebounds and launching off fast break instantly is very valuable for your team. His TRB% would indicate he is far more active on this front than guys like Murray or Lillard that were mentioned here.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
KootenayRapFan
Sophomore
And1: 296

Post#90 » by KootenayRapFan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 pm

Perhaps i have missed it the comment, but the obvious answer is mouth guard throwing ability
rtiff68
Veteran
And1: 3,709

Post#91 » by rtiff68 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:35 pm

OBisHalJordan wrote:whining to the refs

What's ironic about this post...

Think about all of top MVP candidates over the past decade or two: how many of them foul bait and/or complain to the refs less than Curry?

LeBron?
Duncan?
Wade?
Harden?
Paul?

He's actually an outlier in the opposite direction when you think about it. I'm guessing you only brought it up because it's a popular, often cliché talking point when criticizing a popular player.
ceiling raiser
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,728

Post#92 » by ceiling raiser » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:41 pm

Steph is an underrated team defender and passer. I do however think his second best ability has to be moving off-ball.
Now that's the difference between first and last place.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#93 » by Optms » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:44 pm

Rodwilliams wrote:

Found a video with James Harden literally doing the same exact thing. Y’all gotta do better bro.

Nope.

Curry's gravity exists even when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. I didn't see any clip of Harden moving off the ball with 3 defenders covering him. In fact, I've never seen that in NBA history from any player. Try again.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#94 » by DroseReturnChi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:21 am

art_tatum wrote:1. shooting (and gravity ill put in one)- best in the league

2. Off ball movement- best in the league

3. Finishing around the basket- consistently one of the top guards in layup %. Knows how to use english.

4. Rebounding - very good rebounder for his size. 5-6 rebounds a game now in his prime. Example: last year he had 5.5 rebounds. Look at the 6-7 to 6-11 star guards and small fowards that average 7-8 rebounds a game. They are called good rebounders. Thats a difference of 1.5 to 2 rebounds a game.

5. Passing- above average for a pg. Dropped 8.5 assists when he was a traditional point guard not even in his prime and pre-stats/pace inflation that happened the past 4 years. Still drops 5-7 assists per game now in his prime even when he is primarily off ball. Also top of the league in hockey assists.

1. yes
2. yes but part of 1 all great shooters are also great off ball
3. overrated avg gets blocked multiple times and cant beat slower 7ft guys
4. maybe its gs system like westbrook gang rebound
5. def below avg. he had ridiculous usage had 5 assists last yr. westbrook is a model for steph he has no gravity, shot but gets triple steph's assists/rebounds.

look i love steph as a person but as a player man hes just worse than irving/westbrook in pretty much every aspect and these guys are labelled losers fringe star talent.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,769

Post#95 » by Marrrcuss » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:43 am

Steph must be th only guy ever to have 'gravity'. He's the ONLY one it's EVER mentioned with.

Anyone that else have it?
DroseReturnChi
RealGM

Post#96 » by DroseReturnChi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:47 am

Rodwilliams wrote:

Westbrook
Murray
Curry

its ok according to curry fans he is a godly rebounder when westbrook triples him and after him its a wash.
yep curry is an elite rebounder i never knew he is the goat. seriously i have never seen someone mention he is a top 3 its embarassing.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#97 » by a8bil » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:49 am

Optms wrote:
Rodwilliams wrote:

Nope.

Curry's gravity exists even when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. I didn't see any clip of Harden moving off the ball with 3 defenders covering him. In fact, I've never seen that in NBA history from any player. Try again.
And, how does citing one of the elite gravity players in the league show that Curry is not elite in that category?
DroseReturnChi
RealGM

Post#98 » by DroseReturnChi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:51 am

clyde21 wrote:
Asianiac_24 wrote:
Spintown wrote:
Atleast Lebron was still able to win Finals MVP.

Steph begged for KD to come, then got bent over, got his lunch money taken, and cried even though his team won.

LeBron cried to Adam Silver to have Draymond Green suspended and even lobbied to suspend him for another game so that he can win against a short handed Warriors. Without that LeBron would be ringless in Cleveland and 0-4 against Stephen Curry.

LeBron would barely have 1 ring in the west, even in the East dude cried and left Cleveland to join two other top 5 players in D Wade and Bosh just to win in a historically **** conference

sure but curry would have 0 if presti only didnt trade harden. your lucky ur owner is light yrs ahead of a poor okc owner he should offer his deep pockets. lebron cheated but at least he carried several times he would have won 2 or 3 if he didnt make superteams. curry hes just useless as in his early warrior days he was so pahetic lacob tried to ship his damaged good for nothing.
both lebron and steph didnt do right way but boy theres a lot of gap between them getting few meaningless rs mvp doesnt make them equal. we can talk after he gets his fmvp.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM

Post#99 » by DroseReturnChi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:59 am

Marrrcuss wrote:Steph must be th only guy ever to have 'gravity'. He's the ONLY one it's EVER mentioned with.

rgm teaching me new every day. never knew there was a thing called gravity. you mean irvings flat earth theory?
ceiling raiser
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,728

Post#100 » by ceiling raiser » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:22 am

Marrrcuss wrote:Steph must be th only guy ever to have 'gravity'. He's the ONLY one it's EVER mentioned with.

For the most part it's guys like Shaq or Dirk who dominate in the post. Some players like Steph, as well as Dame, Lillard, Harden, Trae warp the court from the outside, because they can hit threes from incredibly deep. I might throw TMac in there too.
Now that's the difference between first and last place.

Return to The General Board