ImageImageImageImageImage

What's Siakam/Van Vleet's trade value?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

What's Siakam/Van Vleet's trade value? 

Post#1 » by OhCanada1091 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:32 am

I ask this because I truly believe the 2023 draft is shaping up to be out of this world and I believe that if Toronto is not somewhere around a home seed led by Van Vleet and Siakam it maybe worth trading them for picks and prospects and aiming for that draft.

2023 is deep. The international pool led by Victor Wembanyama, Juan Nunez and Henri Veesaar. The large pool of combo guards Shaedon Sharpe, Amari Bailey, Keyonte George, Jaden Bradley, Cason Wallace and Nick Smith. You also have do everything wings like Dariq Whitehead that recently grew 4 inches and is now reportedly 6'8 and Jett Howard who is Juwan Howards son. Talented bigs with Filipowski and Lively. The class is probably stronger then this Cunningham led draft class.

That being said I actually really like our team. Lets just make that clear. I think we can push for a home seed this year if everyone is healthy and we may see an emergence like when Demar and Kyle first turned the ship around with Dwayne Casey. Then it becomes a game of 'how good can Scottie get to improve our chances of winning it all' or another 'trade for a Kawhi calibur player that wants out waiting game' to push us over the hump. If they are a winning team.

That being said...theres also a very strong possibility that they aren't winners and last year "Tampa curse" was a reflection of how this team will play out, and to be fair if that is the case...I think you have to go all in on that 2023 draft. Teams will be looking to upgrade next season and with a very weak free agent pool and only a few teams projected to have any cap room I am wondering what the market for these two players would look like.
nonameguy
Junior
And1: 170

Re: What's Siakam/Van Vleet's trade value? 

Post#2 » by nonameguy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:42 am

Van Vleet is worth less than this board thinks and every team in the NBA would take Siakam.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,998

Post#3 » by kalel123 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:05 am

Don't know what their true value would be around the league. They will be given more than enough chances for a year, maybe two, to prove how good they can be as team leaders. If they are less than stellar and we keep losing, it doesn't matter what their value is, they'll be shipped out for rebuilding pieces and the team will probably have had another lotto pick or two already in the meantime. The timing will be right at that time to go for a full rebuild IMO. Management has already shown they'll do what it takes to tank when they deem it necessary. But at this time, they do deserve a chance to prove themselves and the timing is not right to pull the trigger.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,768

Post#4 » by Los_29 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:11 am

Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,685

Post#5 » by Badonkadonk » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:21 am

OhCanada1091 wrote:2023 is deep. The international pool led by Victor Wembanyama, Juan Nunez and Henri Veesaar. The large pool of combo guards Shaedon Sharpe, Amari Bailey, Keyonte George, Jaden Bradley, Cason Wallace and Nick Smith. You also have do everything wings like Dariq Whitehead that recently grew 4 inches and is now reportedly 6'8 and Jett Howard who is Juwan Howards son. Talented bigs with Filipowski and Lively. The class is probably stronger then this Cunningham led draft class.

Great, that means we should be confident the Raptors will get a solid prospect with their pick in the teens.

Lottery teams are not going to be trading firsts for veterans and the Raptors won't consider offers from contenders who have late firsts.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,193

Post#6 » by canada_dry » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:37 am

Not high enough atm.

Especially in siakams case.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,193

Post#7 » by canada_dry » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:38 am

Los_29 wrote:Image
Lol

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,973

Post#8 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:47 am

Badonkadonk wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:2023 is deep. The international pool led by Victor Wembanyama, Juan Nunez and Henri Veesaar. The large pool of combo guards Shaedon Sharpe, Amari Bailey, Keyonte George, Jaden Bradley, Cason Wallace and Nick Smith. You also have do everything wings like Dariq Whitehead that recently grew 4 inches and is now reportedly 6'8 and Jett Howard who is Juwan Howards son. Talented bigs with Filipowski and Lively. The class is probably stronger then this Cunningham led draft class.

Great, that means we should be confident the Raptors will get a solid prospect with their pick in the teens.

Lottery teams are not going to be trading firsts for veterans and the Raptors won't consider offers from contenders who have late firsts.

This should be obvious, and the only reason I am posting in this unproductive thread is to underscore it.

Sometimes you have a freak situation where a team is definitely in win now mode but injuries result in it getting a high draft pick - Lakers a few years ago, GSW this season. But the Lakers #4 pick did not and (in retrospect) could not result in a transcendent player - depending on your opinion of Cam Reddish or THT, I guess. The Warriors this season seemed to have the pieces that could conceivably have gotten Pascal. But the trigger wasn't pulled. If Masai wouldn't trade Pascal for that potential haul, then he certainly isn't trading Pascal for a late first.
OhCanada1091
Veteran

Post#9 » by OhCanada1091 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:46 am

Badonkadonk wrote:

Theres teams in the West that want to attempt a similar push the Suns made last year and think they can. The Kings and Timberwolves have been aggressive in the trade market. Both also have new owners.
asuran
Senior
And1: 274

Post#10 » by asuran » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:06 am

OhCanada1091 wrote:Theres teams in the West that want to attempt a similar push the Suns made last year and think they can. The Kings and Timberwolves have been aggressive in the trade market. Both also have new owners.

I thought Vivek Ranadive is still owner of the Kings?
Van_Trump
Veteran
And1: 1,266

Post#11 » by Van_Trump » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:49 am

Siakam + stuff = Ben Simmons
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,160

Post#12 » by Tofubeque » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:48 am

And then the 2025 class will be even BETTER! I've been researching some crazy middle school mixtapes. Hopefully we trade for some 2023 picks and then flip them for 2025 picks, all in baby
props Turbozone
OhCanada1091
Veteran

Post#13 » by OhCanada1091 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:52 pm

asuran wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:Theres teams in the West that want to attempt a similar push the Suns made last year and think they can. The Kings and Timberwolves have been aggressive in the trade market. Both also have new owners.

I thought Vivek Ranadive is still owner of the Kings?

Honestly didn't realize its been 7 years. Thought it was more like 3. Time flies bye. 7 years is still relatively new though.
Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect
And1: 756

Post#14 » by Jerry Lucas » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:35 pm

Siakam would at least be worth more than what Orlando got for Vucevic last season.
Tre Mann should have been a Top 10 Pick in the 2021 Draft

Team Find The Next Superstar Closer
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#15 » by Indeed » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:16 pm

VanVleet with Bogdan contract, good starter with a reasonable contract. You may able to draft someone like him in the top 10, so the fair value for us would be at least a top 10 pick in return.

Siakam being top 5 in his position (source eg. https://www.persources.com/ranking-top-30-power-forwards-2020-2021-nba-season/), it would be at least a top 3 pick.
Meanwhile, there are hardly any PF drafted in the top 10 being good in the last 10 years, so you are definitely drafting for someone worse than Siakam (arguable for OG as well).

Regardless, you will never get back full value. And the last draft was better than 2022 and 2023. 2022 draft may already be better than 2023. We are better off looking at trade bait in Boucher, Dragic and Trent, they may get us some low 1st to move our picks up.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,676

Post#16 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:27 pm

Both are coveted, despite the negative view around here.

Zero desire to commit two years, then another 4-6+ years to the 2023 draft as they mature.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,474

Post#17 » by Spida888 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:17 pm

Hard to say...

Fred probably nets you a prospect + 1 FRP in terms of value.

Pascal's value is probably close to Simmons, but the media seems to hype up Simmons more. So, I'm guessing his perceived value is a little less than what Simmons gets traded for. Somewhere between Vuc and Simmons.
OhCanada1091
Veteran

Post#18 » by OhCanada1091 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:21 pm

RapsFan008 wrote:Hard to say...

Fred probably nets you a prospect + 1 FRP in terms of value.

Pascal's value is probably close to Simmons, but the media seems to hype up Simmons more. So, I'm guessing his perceived value is a little less than what Simmons gets traded for. Somewhere between Vuc and Simmons.

Simmons is gonna get traded for nothing. He has no value. They ruined that by him demanding a trade and not reporting to training camp Philly is screwed. The media does not dictate a players value they only speculate.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,768

Post#19 » by Los_29 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:44 pm

Tofubeque wrote:And then the 2025 class will be even BETTER! I've been researching some crazy middle school mixtapes. Hopefully we trade for some 2023 picks and then flip them for 2025 picks, all in baby

I heard the 2030 class is looking pretty good.
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,266

Post#20 » by Ranger One » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:51 pm

We aren't winning anything with these two as our go to guys. They are decent to good players, not really true all stars. Thats about their ceiling. And as you all know we need an actual Superstar to get anywhere in the playoffs. And these two aint it. Also, they've already peaked and have nowhere to go but down from this point forward. We should be looking to move them at the earliest opportunity available for picks/young prospects that can grow/develop together with Barnes. We sure as hell arent acquiring anyone that will move the needle for us in Free Agency. Thus, our only path to another championship is getting lucky and drafting/developing that Superstar ourselves.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."

Return to Toronto Raptors