ImageImageImageImageImage

What's Siakam/Van Vleet's trade value?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,124

Re: What's Siakam/Van Vleet's trade value? 

Post#21 » by djsunyc » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:00 pm

Van_Trump wrote:Siakam + stuff = Ben Simmons

f no. its simmons + stuff for siakam. and even then i say no
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,768

Post#22 » by Los_29 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:05 pm

Can you imagine trading Siakam + stuff for a complete headcase in Ben Simmons?
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,124

Post#23 » by djsunyc » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:29 pm

Los_29 wrote:Can you imagine trading Siakam + stuff for a complete headcase in Ben Simmons?

for real - 35% ft shooter and passing up wide open shots? yeah, this forum will LOVE that lol.
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#24 » by OhCanada1091 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Ranger One wrote:We aren't winning anything with these two as our go to guys. They are decent to good players, not really true all stars. Thats about their ceiling. And as you all know we need an actual Superstar to get anywhere in the playoffs. And these two aint it. Also, they've already peaked and have nowhere to go but down from this point forward. We should be looking to move them at the earliest opportunity available for picks/young prospects that can grow/develop together with Barnes. We sure as hell arent acquiring anyone that will move the needle for us in Free Agency. Thus, our only path to another championship is getting lucky and drafting/developing that Superstar ourselves.

They have not "peaked". To think a 27 year old can't improve is just insanity. Really is. Name a weakness of Siakam. Now ask yourself is it possible to improve that weakness? If so then he obviously hasn't "peaked".
OhCanada1091
Veteran

Post#25 » by OhCanada1091 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:33 pm

Los_29 wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:And then the 2025 class will be even BETTER! I've been researching some crazy middle school mixtapes. Hopefully we trade for some 2023 picks and then flip them for 2025 picks, all in baby

I heard the 2030 class is looking pretty good.

Pretty sure the 2032 class will be stronger. If I'm not mistaken Karter Lowry will be draft eligible that year.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#26 » by Los_29 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:37 pm

OhCanada1091 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:And then the 2025 class will be even BETTER! I've been researching some crazy middle school mixtapes. Hopefully we trade for some 2023 picks and then flip them for 2025 picks, all in baby

I heard the 2030 class is looking pretty good.

Pretty sure the 2032 class will be stronger. If I'm not mistaken Karter Lowry will be draft eligible that year.

I think we should just rebuild every time we hit the 40 win mark.
CANsportsguru
Pro Prospect
And1: 522

Post#27 » by CANsportsguru » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:28 pm

Siakam has tremendous trade value. He's definitely a player that would put some teams into contention. He is best as a 2nd or 3rd option and an Elite defender. FVV as others have mentioned he's over valued on this board and has significantly less trade value.
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,266

Post#28 » by Ranger One » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:33 pm

OhCanada1091 wrote:
Ranger One wrote:We aren't winning anything with these two as our go to guys. They are decent to good players, not really true all stars. Thats about their ceiling. And as you all know we need an actual Superstar to get anywhere in the playoffs. And these two aint it. Also, they've already peaked and have nowhere to go but down from this point forward. We should be looking to move them at the earliest opportunity available for picks/young prospects that can grow/develop together with Barnes. We sure as hell arent acquiring anyone that will move the needle for us in Free Agency. Thus, our only path to another championship is getting lucky and drafting/developing that Superstar ourselves.

They have not "peaked". To think a 27 year old can't improve is just insanity. Really is. Name a weakness of Siakam. Now ask yourself is it possible to improve that weakness? If so then he obviously hasn't "peaked".

I mean thats great and all, but at the end of the day neither Siakam or Van Vleet have enough talent to get is to where we want to be, so why bank our future on them? Unless your goal is to be a perennial 1st or 2nd round exit, you move on from them in the next year or two.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
OhCanada1091
Veteran

Post#29 » by OhCanada1091 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:04 pm

Ranger One wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:

I mean thats great and all, but at the end of the day neither Siakam or Van Vleet have enough talent to get is to where we want to be, so why bank our future on them? Unless your goal is to be a perennial 1st or 2nd round exit, you move on from them in the next year or two.

Well like I said in the initial post they would be banking on Scottie Barnes development or another Kawhi-esque trade to get them to that championship level. I for one am all in on Scottie Barnes and think hes that guy.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#30 » by HeadtopChunes » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:39 pm

fwiw i think the FOs plan is to evaluate this year and then make a decision, as things stand tank for 2023 would def be my plan. this years draft looks unimpressive so I don't think we lose out on not tanking this year
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,537

Post#31 » by C_Money » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:45 pm

Van_Trump wrote:Siakam + stuff = Ben Simmons

Siakam is the better player and you want to add more to get Simmons? Wtf
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,346

Post#32 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:15 pm

I don't even know where to start with how bad the OP is.

Nobody is going to tank now for two years from now because you aren't comfortable and because you have zero risk tolerance.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,430

Post#33 » by KrazyP » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:24 pm

Ranger One wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:

Having Siakam, VanVleet around actually brings some stability, experience, leadership and ability to semi-compete to the team.....these are things that can actually aid in the development of young guys like Barnes, Precious, Trent, etc. Getting rid of all vets with the goal of throwing a bunch of draft picks together so they can grow together is often a recipe for failure. Its the formula teams like the Kings and Cavs use to become perpetual lotto teams....if you luck out, maybe you can land the next Doncic or Durant but the probability of that happening isn't something a rational person would bet on.

I find the whole premise of this thread hilarious.....we want to get rid of our most impactful players now so we can plan to draft some teenager in a draft thats 2 years away? Do people understand that this actually means the Raps would be in rebuild mode for like 5-7 years similar to what the 76ers did? How has that turned out? Do people actually think "the process" was a resounding success?

P.S. If Ujiri does trade VanVleet/Siakam it'll will be for younger players who already have a few years already under their belts who can make an immediate impact. This is why the Ben Simmons name has popped up. This is kind of the same thing they did with Powell for Trent.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,474

Post#34 » by Spida888 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:07 am

OhCanada1091 wrote:
RapsFan008 wrote:Hard to say...

Fred probably nets you a prospect + 1 FRP in terms of value.

Pascal's value is probably close to Simmons, but the media seems to hype up Simmons more. So, I'm guessing his perceived value is a little less than what Simmons gets traded for. Somewhere between Vuc and Simmons.

Simmons is gonna get traded for nothing. He has no value. They ruined that by him demanding a trade and not reporting to training camp Philly is screwed. The media does not dictate a players value they only speculate.

We'll see I guess. Media doesn't dictate the players value but those with connections have a sense of what other teams are willing to pay. As much as Simmons gets trashed on, myself inclusive at times, he's not a scrub. I don't think he'll be traded for scraps, but likely less than what Morey expects.
Raptorstorm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,029

Post#35 » by Raptorstorm » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:23 am

Stupid question dude. The value is what others offer, simple as fk.

They are both frauds. FVV will be exposed without Lowry.
"IN MASAI WE TRUST" 8-)
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,401

Post#36 » by KL78192020 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:10 am

Johnny Bball wrote:I don't even know where to start with how bad the OP is.

Nobody is going to tank now for two years from now because you aren't comfortable and because you have zero risk tolerance.

Its a hypothetical question being asked on a basketball forum. Chill out, OP clearly stated:

That being said I actually really like our team. Lets just make that clear. I think we can push for a home seed this year if everyone is healthy and we may see an emergence like when Demar and Kyle first turned the ship around with Dwayne Casey. Then it becomes a game of 'how good can Scottie get to improve our chances of winning it all' or another 'trade for a Kawhi calibur player that wants out waiting game' to push us over the hump. If they are a winning team.

People aren't allowed to post ideas anymore without others getting so butt hurt.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#37 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:55 am

KL78192020 wrote:

Its a hypothetical question being asked on a basketball forum. Chill out, OP clearly stated:

That being said I actually really like our team. Lets just make that clear. I think we can push for a home seed this year if everyone is healthy and we may see an emergence like when Demar and Kyle first turned the ship around with Dwayne Casey. Then it becomes a game of 'how good can Scottie get to improve our chances of winning it all' or another 'trade for a Kawhi calibur player that wants out waiting game' to push us over the hump. If they are a winning team.

People aren't allowed to post ideas anymore without others getting so butt hurt.

Love your hypocrisy. What else is new. Sorry I hurt your butt.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#38 » by dagger » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:28 am

Teams are built all kinds of ways. Philly has been the most egregious tanker and has yet to win a title after several crap seasons followed by some very good seasons. Where have you seen that before. Sounds a lot like the Raps pre-Kawhi. GSW's epic foundation was built on a 7th overall pick, a 12th overall pick and a second round pick. Miami would never have had the Wade era if Detroit doesn't draft Darko. Wade was 5th overall. Sometimes, top picks work out, sometimes they don't. Tanking is the biggest crapshoot of all. Doesn't Masai won't explore trade options, but I doubt he's going to hunt picks with them or he could have done so this year. Surely the fourth overall pick could have fetched a couple of good future picks.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Los_29
RealGM

Post#39 » by Los_29 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:30 am

KL78192020 wrote:

Most people are laughing at the ridiculous notion of trading our best players so we can draft players that are currently in grade 10.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#40 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:03 am

Los_29 wrote:
KL78192020 wrote:

Most people are laughing at the ridiculous notion of trading our best players so we can draft players that are currently in grade 10.

I'll pile on

and that they aren't winners (despite playing on a winner - mindboggling to say that), yet they could still fetch a huge price as they can single handedly drag teams out of the playoffs into contention a la the suns. And that we might be good, but also tanking for two years away is good. And that he had faith in the team, but then has none, sos crap it all. The entire thing is one big conflict and just adverse to any risk.

And the draft is deep, so why the hell does it matter if we finish 7-20 anywhere if it's that deep. Thats assuming anyone really has any idea of the draft.

But yeah... I'm stopping him from posting ideas :roll: It's not OP that's even butt hurt about it. Its someone that can't even see any of the above that was.

siakam and FVV would have been availab le if someone overpaid. That's it. That's what it was all summer long.

Return to Toronto Raptors