ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Waxing Poetic About Former Knicks And Other Summer Fun

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,146

Re: Around the NBA - Waxing Poetic About Former Knicks And Other Summer Fun 

Post#41 » by Knick4Real » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:17 pm

FreeSpiritNY wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:Frank is retiring from the nba. He wants to leave on his terms. He gave the bench seat all he can give it. He also said the wind is to strong for his bones in New York so he just couldn’t do it anymore

"Too" strong. "... the wind is too strong ..."

:noway:

Did I strike a nerve? 8-) I’ve said this a million times. I don’t care about my grammar I go on this site for fun and information.

You must hate life or not have one the one comment you quote was mine with to and too.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I from now on will specifically only use just to if it annoys you that much.

Ps :future advice worry about yourself snd not what others do if it doesn’t actually affect you.

P.s: You’re user name should be Hawthorne_wingo not Hawthornewingo

So you need to fix that
:rofl2: :rofl2: :violin:

This little guy wants to correct me yet his own username is wrong :crazy: :lol: :jawdrop:

Not trying to be funny. Just curious:

Why do people get so angry/upset when someone corrects them?? I make mistakes all the time. So, when someone tells me I left my keys in the door, or messed up my phone number on an application, or repeatedly misspell a word (on a resume, a forum, or anywhere), I actually appreciate the correction. I'd rather somebody correct me in a place like this so I don't make the same mistake somewhere else where it could cost me a job or money or something important.

I see this all the time. Someone gets corrected on a mistake they made, then they become defensive and leap out in attack mode to "get back" at someone for daring to make them aware of a mistake they made. Are we all too good/perfect to be corrected? Is it ego? Or what??

Again, NOT being funny. Seriously only being curious and only asking a genuine question as to why correcting someone always brings the same "attack" response. :dontknow:
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,847

Post#42 » by robillionaire » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:40 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Did I strike a nerve? 8-) I’ve said this a million times. I don’t care about my grammar I go on this site for fun and information.

You must hate life or not have one the one comment you quote was mine with to and too.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps :future advice worry about yourself snd not what others do if it doesn’t actually affect you.

So you need to fix that

This little guy wants to correct me yet his own username is wrong :crazy: :lol: :jawdrop:

Why do people get so angry/upset when someone corrects them?? I make mistakes all the time. So, when someone tells me I left my keys in the door, or messed up my phone number on an application, or repeatedly misspell a word (on a resume, a forum, or anywhere), I actually appreciate the correction. I'd rather somebody correct me in a place like this so I don't make the same mistake somewhere else where it could cost me a job or money or something important.

I see this all the time. Someone gets corrected on a mistake they made, then they become defensive and leap out in attack mode to "get back" at someone for daring to make them aware of a mistake they made. Are we all too good/perfect to be corrected? Is it ego? Or what??

Again, NOT being funny. Seriously only being curious and only asking a genuine question as to why correcting someone always brings the same "attack" response. :dontknow:

Genuine answer. When people clearly understand what you are trying to say, as in “to vs. too” which is something that is easy to typo or have autocorrected and would miss a filter, personally I think it comes across condescending to correct that mistake especially when it serves no purpose to help anybody better understand the idea the person was trying to express. I wouldn’t care to be corrected if added something helpful to the conversation other than trying to demean the other person. Also this isn’t formal writing or English class or a job application, it’s a casual basketball message board. It’s just not that important. Sometimes I intentionally don’t capitalize letters or use any punctuation just to convey a relaxed style.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#43 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:20 am

robillionaire wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:

So you need to fix that

Genuine answer. When people clearly understand what you are trying to say, as in “to vs. too” which is something that is easy to typo or have autocorrected and would miss a filter, personally I think it comes across condescending to correct that mistake especially when it serves no purpose to help anybody better understand the idea the person was trying to express. I wouldn’t care to be corrected if added something helpful to the conversation other than trying to demean the other person. Also this isn’t formal writing or English class or a job application, it’s a casual basketball message board. It’s just not that important. Sometimes I intentionally don’t capitalize letters or use any punctuation just to convey a relaxed style.

That would be a perfect answer if you had more paragraph breaks
ImageImageImage
Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#44 » by Knick4Real » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:42 am

robillionaire wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:

So you need to fix that

Okay, totally understandable if it's a typo. However, FYI: I've thrown away more resumes than I can remember from job applicants who have practiced "relaxed" English so much, they no longer know the difference between "YOUR" and "YOU'RE" or "TO and "TOO." They write and see it written incorrectly so many times, they start to believe it's correct.

Agreed, there's no need for anyone to be condescending at any time. However, I'm still surprised to see the standard "I'm too good to be corrected" response during those times when someone is genuinely just trying to be helpful.
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,284

Post#45 » by FreeSpiritNY » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:04 am

Knick4Real wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

So you need to fix that

I couldn’t have said it any better & 1 for you :wink:
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran

Post#46 » by FreeSpiritNY » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:08 am

Knick4Real wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:

Okay, totally understandable if it's a typo. However, FYI: I've thrown away more resumes than I can remember from job applicants who have practiced "relaxed" English so much, they no longer know the difference between "YOUR" and "YOU'RE" or "TO and "TOO." They write and see it written incorrectly so many times, they start to believe it's correct.

Agreed, there's no need for anyone to be condescending at any time. However, I'm still surprised to see the standard "I'm too good to be corrected" response during those times when someone is genuinely just trying to be helpful.

Then wouldn’t it be contradicting the fact of being helpful if you’re not expressing or saying your trying to be helpful. Because it always feels condescending.

Should I help a random person on the street and say dress better or maybe eat healthier?

It’s the same thing. Worry about your self. Especially if your username is not in correct format.

This is a place of fun not a job application or work situation.
Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#47 » by Knick4Real » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:22 pm

FreeSpiritNY wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Then wouldn’t it be contradicting the fact of being helpful if you’re not expressing or saying your trying to be helpful. Because it always feels condescending.

Should I help a random person on the street and say dress better or maybe eat healthier?

It’s the same thing. Worry about your self. Especially if your username is not in correct format.

LOL well, telling someone to dress "better" or eat "healthier" is expressing a personal opinion and not correcting a mistake. I've actually gone up to a total stranger on the street to tell them they have toilet paper stuck to their shoe. Once, I overheard some tourists taking the wrong train to a destination and I stepped in and corrected them. Never once did anyone tell me to mind my business and worry about myself.

Anyway, thanks for the response. I get it now. You never want anyone to correct YOU for any reason. That's your prerogative.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,457

Post#48 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:35 pm

Man it’s spicy in here!!!!!

Here’s something that should cheer everyone up…..

Read on Twitter
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran

Post#49 » by FreeSpiritNY » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:08 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:

LOL well, telling someone to dress "better" or eat "healthier" is expressing a personal opinion and not correcting a mistake. I've actually gone up to a total stranger on the street to tell them they have toilet paper stuck to their shoe. Once, I overheard some tourists taking the wrong train to a destination and I stepped in and corrected them. Never once did anyone tell me to mind my business and worry about myself.

Anyway, thanks for the response. I get it now. You never want anyone to correct YOU for any reason. That's your prerogative.

Actually if I’m at work I love constructive criticism. If im on a forum I don’t. I don’t need someone critiquing the way I write. Wrong or right.

Contrary to what you said those very two thing could affect someone’s day. But why are you listening to other people’s conversations?

Also why are you looking at strangers lower half’s.

Like I said; when something l’m doing is wrong and can affect the next person sure go ahead “ when I’m at work or doing something morally incorrect”

But a messaging board you can go find yourself a life and not worry about mine. Especially if the grammar police officer has his username wrong or is wrong half the time themselves. It provocative and condescending.

To many people out there want to act like a boss or know it all’s. Those type of people have 0 friends and are very disliked.

So Mr know it all. Why should I be grammar policed on here? What service or benefit does it do me? I have two college degrees going on my third right now. I also have a career. So how is this going help me especially if you only comment on my grammar and not the actual topic.

Since you love rules, then you can do yourself a favor and stay on topic with what this thread is supposed to be about.

^^ bet you won’t like that but listen I’m only trying to help you corrects your flaws :lol: :lol: :lol:
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#50 » by RHODEY » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:57 pm

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#51 » by Capn'O » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:20 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:This guy tryna get Knicks fans back on his good side :lol:
Read on Twitter

He obviously really liked Melo :dontknow:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#52 » by Knick4Real » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 pm

FreeSpiritNY wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:

Actually if I’m at work I love constructive criticism. If im on a forum I don’t. I don’t need someone critiquing the way I write. Wrong or right.

Contrary to what you said those very two thing could affect someone’s day. But why are you listening to other people’s conversations?

Also why are you looking at strangers lower half’s.

Like I said; when something l’m doing is wrong and can affect the next person sure go ahead “ when I’m at work or doing something morally incorrect”

But a messaging board you can go find yourself a life and not worry about mine. Especially if the grammar police officer has his username wrong or is wrong half the time themselves. It provocative and condescending.

To many people out there want to act like a boss or know it all’s. Those type of people have 0 friends and are very disliked.

So Mr know it all. Why should I be grammar policed on here? What service or benefit does it do me? I have two college degrees going on my third right now. I also have a career. So how is this going help me especially if you only comment on my grammar and not the actual topic.

Since you love rules, then you can do yourself a favor and stay on topic with what this thread is supposed to be about.

^^ bet you won’t like that but listen I’m only trying to help you corrects your flaws :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was that directed at me, who only asked for clarity? Or, was that directed at the poster who corrected you?

I couldn't tell from what you wrote.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#53 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:29 pm

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:This guy tryna get Knicks fans back on his good side :lol:
Read on Twitter

He obviously really liked Melo :dontknow:

I know but the timing is sus since he’s kinda at rock bottom now lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,355

Post#54 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:59 pm

FreeSpiritNY wrote:This is a place of fun not a job application or work situation.

No idea how you arrived at that conclusion. This is srsbzns 24-7-365. fun? bah-humbug.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#55 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:08 pm

any way we can get him? he’s like Mitch with offense
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#56 » by WargamesX » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:12 am

3toheadmelo wrote:any way we can get him? he’s like Mitch with offense
Read on Twitter

Maybe… it would cost at least a second and we got to guarantee him those two years.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#57 » by Fat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:50 am

3toheadmelo wrote:any way we can get him? he’s like Mitch with offense
Read on Twitter

Knicks already got Jericho sims I couldn’t see them looking to take on another rookie big man

Bassey is still in the free agent pool in baf though surprisingly
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,603

Post#58 » by stuporman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:27 am

I wouldn't say Bassey is anything like Mitch because Mitch has some freakish qualities few have but Bassey is a guy who contributes on both ends of the court and has potential to be a stretch big. I had my eye on him before the draft with a 2nd rounder.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#59 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:37 pm

RHODEY wrote:

Julius looks so fit man. Looks like he's in even better shape than he was last year and his jumper looked really smooth off the dribble in those clips. The playoff performance was cause for concern, but man I am excited to see what he does with a real PG like Kemba and a full offseason of more development. When he was able to play with Jrue Holiday in Nola he had his most efficient scoring year of his career. Hopefully Kemba can make that happen again and now with his new found all around game he can really be a 2 way force with less playmaking responsibility.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,445

Post#60 » by Gravy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:20 pm

:dontknow:
Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks