Image ImageImage Image

AK-Sato Awkward Exit

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Re: AK-Sato Awkward Exit 

Post#41 » by dice » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:22 am

dougthonus wrote: It's the kind of thing if people weren't man-crushing over AKME and it was three years from now, people would probably react really differently though.

if the names were jimmy butler and gar foreman instead of sato and artie K...
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,289

Post#42 » by Stratmaster » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:24 am

Michael Jackson wrote:It just seems that AK czeched out of this situation.

Hey folks I’m here all week.
You have been waiting months for that, haven't you?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
dice
RealGM

Post#43 » by dice » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:32 am

kodo wrote:Any NBA player complaining he has a tough life isn't someone I'm interested in following or supporting.

true. that's not what sato did though
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#44 » by dice » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:36 am

that could only be better if artie was the czech

when i learned the bulls were hiring a guy named arturas karnisovas, i was crushed to find out that he was lithuanian and not greek. i'd love to be calling him artie the greek (the young 'uns here probably don't know that reference)
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#45 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:19 am

dougthonus wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:You would think that you could give a guy a call at least but whatever.

AK has established one of two things with his actions, not sure which one is true or a combination of both, he doesn’t like GarPax players and he isn’t particularly fond of Euros. Maybe it is just GarPax Euro’s. As it sits today a year and a half in this, AK has done more for Klutch guys than Euro guys, which when he was hired likely wouldn’t have not been anyone’s prediction. Now part of this incidental for sure, but what we thought we knew about AK at hiring is fleshing out to me in a different way.

I mean he was involved with Jokic and drafted Simonovic, I wouldn't say he doesn't like Euros.

I think it is just about the individuals. I kind of doubt it was personal either way, I'd be a bit surprised if he just disliked Sato and did this for that reason. Probably more that he had no real meaningful relationship and knew that Sato already knew from his agent and wasn't breaking news.

Still a bit unprofessional IMO, but nothing crazy. It's the kind of thing if people weren't man-crushing over AKME and it was three years from now, people would probably react really differently though.

Yeah I didn’t mean to imply he hates euros, just more that he isn’t giving Euros any preferential treat, which was what a lot of us assumed. For all I know AK may not have ever really had a conversation with Sato since he never cut the contract that got him here, and AK doesn’t appear chummy. Definitely a short goodbye and could have been nicer but I think it fits his personality.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#46 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:20 am

Stratmaster wrote:

You have been waiting months for that, haven't you?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Maybe my whole life. I grew up with bad Czech jokes so they are just a part of my nature.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,135

Post#47 » by HomoSapien » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:21 am

In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but I think Sato has a point. AK giving these guys an actual phone call is just the right/classy thing to do. Sending a text saying you're traded is just impersonal and cold. It's a business, but it's also their lives.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,844

Post#48 » by meekrab » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:55 am

What is 'Czech daily sport'? Do we know how many times this quotation has been laundered through Google Translate? I doubt the FO is intentionally snubbing players.
sami71
Junior
And1: 253

Post#49 » by sami71 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:26 am

I would hope AK deals with departing players in a more professional manner. But we don't know if that is the whole story. And it is not that big of a deal. Either way AK could have done a bit better here.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,131

Post#50 » by League Circles » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:38 am

Eversley probably is the main communicator of stuff like this. Sato thinks AK is the GM, which he is not.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Wonderboy12
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#51 » by Wonderboy12 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:58 am

That boy Sato is so terrible. He was extremely overpaid. This guy should not even be in the league. He got the nerve to criticize Lavine when Lavine had to do score and do Sato job because he was so bad at it. Sato is a useless player that can’t shoot, dribble, or defend. He’s also a horrible rebounder for his size. Sato is one of the worst players to ever play for the bulls. Sato also has terrible basketball IQ.
Wonderboy12
Ballboy

Post#52 » by Wonderboy12 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:59 am

HomoSapien wrote:In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but I think Sato has a point. AK giving these guys an actual phone call is just the right/classy thing to do. Sending a text saying you're traded is just impersonal and cold. It's a business, but it's also their lives.

Nah, Sato is beyond garbage. He doesn’t deserve a text. Honestly he deserves the Fresh prince Uncle Phill and Jazzy Jeff treatment. Sato has to be one of the worst bulls point guards of all time. He’s up there with Teague and Grant. I would honestly take both of those player over Sato because of the salary. Such a god awful player.
Wonderboy12
Ballboy

Post#53 » by Wonderboy12 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:59 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
dougthonus wrote:I don't know that it makes such a big difference, but I think it's worth a phone call to the guy to tell him he has been traded even if he probably reads it first over twitter anyway. It's not the end of the world, but for all the talk about AK making this a player destination, this was kind of a poor way to treat a guy.

Also no reason to throw Sato under the bus. He wasn't overpaid and he didn't underachieve. He was paid like a role player / quality reserve / low end starter, and was more or less exactly that.

Though Sato's comment on Ingram is pretty hilarious.

You would think that you could give a guy a call at least but whatever.

AK has established one of two things with his actions, not sure which one is true or a combination of both, he doesn’t like GarPax players and he isn’t particularly fond of Euros. Maybe it is just GarPax Euro’s. As it sits today a year and a half in this, AK has done more for Klutch guys than Euro guys, which when he was hired likely wouldn’t have not been anyone’s prediction. Now part of this incidental for sure, but what we thought we knew about AK at hiring is fleshing out to me in a different way.

Man **** that, AK love Euro players. It’s just that Sato played like a bitch while he was here. Sato is acting like a pussy of the court as well. Dude is lucky the bulls even gave him that much money. He’s a vet min type player. And so the **** what if AK done more for Klutch player then Euros. All of those guys are better than Sato. Sato is not even clearly better than Archi and he’s not in the league right now. If I’m being honest I take Valentine over that sucker.
Wonderboy12
Ballboy

Post#54 » by Wonderboy12 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:59 am

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Such a **** bitch. See you in the Euro league in a few years. The Gasol brother might need a point guard. Maybe he can play point for Nikol Mirotic.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#55 » by FriedRise » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:17 pm

Wonderboy12 wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Such a **** bitch. See you in the Euro league in a few years. The Gasol brother might need a point guard. Maybe he can play point for Nikol Mirotic.

Ladies and gentlemen,

wonderboy!

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#56 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:19 pm

League Circles wrote:Eversley probably is the main communicator of stuff like this. Sato thinks AK is the GM, which he is not.

Thats really the meat of it I think. AK doesn't come across as the warm and fuzzy type guy as is and really that is ME's job theoretically yet we don't know the exact hierarchy. Sato also wasn't some long term franchise player, he was a hired gun for a cookie if years. Maybe more memorable than Joe Smith being a Bull but not much in the long term history. I also seriously doubt that Hutch got even this much from AK or really any other player IMHO. All speculation of course because I really don't know. I just don't see it as a huge deal.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#57 » by Andi Obst » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:25 pm

Wonderboy12 wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

We're at Wonderboy12 already? They grow up so fast.

I really appreciate the commitment to the name though. Others would at least try to fool the mods...but not Wonderboy.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#58 » by PaKii94 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:28 pm

Wow the next generation of wonderboy is here. I feel old now
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#59 » by BullChit » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Wonderboy12 wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

We're at Wonderboy12 already? They grow up so fast.

I really appreciate the commitment to the name though. Others would at least try to fool the mods...but not Wonderboy.

Hes got a reputation to uphold... over and over and over again.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
dice
RealGM

Post#60 » by dice » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:00 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
League Circles wrote:Eversley probably is the main communicator of stuff like this. Sato thinks AK is the GM, which he is not.

Thats really the meat of it I think. AK doesn't come across as the warm and fuzzy type guy as is and really that is ME's job theoretically yet we don't know the exact hierarchy.

1) i'm pretty sure that sato knows who the GM is
2) it doesn't matter who the "main" communicator is. if you're going to send a message at all, you should do a lot better than what AK did

Return to Chicago Bulls