ImageImageImageImageImage

Lebron: Raps should retire Derozan’s jersey

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Should #10 be retired for the Raptors?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 190

Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,186

Re: Lebron: Raps should retire Derozan’s jersey 

Post#121 » by Tofubeque » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:42 am

2021: Yes the Raps should definitely retire DeRozan's number, even LeBron says so

2028: LMAO Toronto really retired DeFrozan's number, that guy who was the 4th best player on the Bulls
props Turbozone
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#122 » by Mikistan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:42 pm

ThatClockWork wrote:
Mikistan wrote:Demar couldnt even win a dunk contest

To be fair, he got robbed by a bad Kia branded Blake Griffin dunk ...

Blake did the KIA dunk as his final dunk, demar didn't even make it out of the qualifier dunk phase
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,658

Post#123 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Tofubeque wrote:2021: Yes the Raps should definitely retire DeRozan's number, even LeBron says so

2028: LMAO Toronto really retired DeFrozan's number, that guy who was the 4th best player on the Bulls

I think it's hilarious that anyone would think there are 3 better players on the bulls especially when one is Vuc.
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,856

Post#124 » by ThatClockWork » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:32 pm

Mikistan wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:
Mikistan wrote:Demar couldnt even win a dunk contest

To be fair, he got robbed by a bad Kia branded Blake Griffin dunk ...

Blake did the KIA dunk as his final dunk, demar didn't even make it out of the qualifier dunk phase

Point still stands, recollection a little off. His dunks were better than both Ibaka's and McGee's. Either way, meh. Still robbed.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#125 » by Mikistan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:53 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:2021: Yes the Raps should definitely retire DeRozan's number, even LeBron says so

I think it's hilarious that anyone would think there are 3 better players on the bulls especially when one is Vuc.

Considering teams for the last 8 or more years have performed better with demar on the bench than on the court might be the 6th best player tops
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,593

Post#126 » by Ackshun » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:06 pm

With Gasol going home, I wonder if they will retire his.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#127 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:26 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Considering teams for the last 8 or more years have performed better with demar on the bench than on the court might be the 6th best player tops

Sure they did. Even last place teams would be better without him right. Anyway...

You can't win with Vuc at C is all I know, he cannot defend the PNR and its too important, and I'm not even going to argue the other two but the underlined was awful, as is .6th.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#128 » by johanliebert » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:19 am

Lol I expected those poll results from this fan base.

This isn’t some storied franchise, he has the franchise milestones.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#129 » by johanliebert » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:21 am

phanman wrote:Sheesh the results are a bit shocking. I am/was always of the POV that his jersey was guaranteed once his career wrapped up. Sure he ultimately didn't lead us to a chip but he was a major catalyst in his final 5 playoff seasons, highlighted by our first ECF birth in 2016. Yes Lowry was the more important piece, but DeMar played just as big of a role in this era changing the status of the franchise from laughing stock to playoff contenders. He also established a high enough value in the league that all it took was him Poeltl and a FRP to pry Kawhi and Danny away from the Spurs leading us to our chip.

At the end of the day, the man put in 9 full seasons(4x All Stars Nods & 2x All-NBA) with the team and his name is scattered all over the record books with us:
1st (or tied) in: Games, Minutes, Seasons, Points, FG, FGA, FT, FTA, FT/game, Consecutive 30+ pts, Player of the Week & Months,
3rd in AST, STL
6th in REB
etc.

It’s really not shocking this new breed of nba fans are comical.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,604

Post#130 » by C_Money » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:29 am

So much hate for our all time leading scorer, wow.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#131 » by everdiso » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:33 am

It would be an absolute embarrassment to retire the jersey of this thoroughly mediocre player who couldn't even stay on the court for us in the playoffs.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
Gavin_TDThree
Senior
And1: 578

Post#132 » by Gavin_TDThree » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:30 am

As much as Demar was a huge part of our success over the last 5+ years, I don't see the point in retiring his jersey. I'd vote finding a way to honour his impact on the franchise, but jersey retirements are fore the upper echelon.
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#133 » by MavCarter » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:50 am

Memphis just announced the other day theyll retire zach randolph and tony allens jersey this season. You’re high if you think we shouldnt retire demars
#Enjoytheride
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#134 » by Kingsway_fan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:26 pm

C_Money wrote:So much hate for our all time leading scorer, wow.

VC owns the records that matter.. including highest playoffs scoring average , highest player efficiency (Demar was 9th), highest box +/_ (Demar not top 10), highest usage % and highest regular season scoring averages in franchise history, and he totally carried his team when it counted. Yes, Demar has 9 seasons (longevity) but his field goal percentage was not that great, his defence weak, and yet he was surrounded by excellent teammates... he also did nothing in playoffs expected of an allstar to warrant serious consideration, imo. Very likeable person though.
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#135 » by OhCanada1091 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:59 pm

Yall some **** haters for real. Go watch hockey. Ridiculous this board is.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#136 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:24 pm

everdiso wrote:It would be an absolute embarrassment to retire the jersey of this thoroughly mediocre player who couldn't even stay on the court for us in the playoffs.

Records, winning franchise for the first time, 4 time all-star and 2 x all-nba... "thoroughly mediocre". :roll:

Not retiring his number is a **** embarrassment.

The guy will get to 21,000 points in a walk if he's not injured and be a virtual lock for the HOF in two years, three years max.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/players-with-20000-career-points-not-in-the-hall-of-fame
vado
Analyst
And1: 2,172

Post#137 » by vado » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:08 pm

I've always maintained we should retire Lowry and DeRozans jerseys. All star back court, we need to commemorate the run this franchise was on with these guys. No to Carter or Kawhi though
TRex520
Senior
And1: 366

Post#138 » by TRex520 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:39 am

Kingsway_fan wrote:

VC owns the records that matter.. including highest playoffs scoring average , highest player efficiency (Demar was 9th), highest box +/_ (Demar not top 10), highest usage % and highest regular season scoring averages in franchise history, and he totally carried his team when it counted. Yes, Demar has 9 seasons (longevity) but his field goal percentage was not that great, his defence weak, and yet he was surrounded by excellent teammates... he also did nothing in playoffs expected of an allstar to warrant serious consideration, imo. Very likeable person though.

Excellent teammates? :o

Tell me who else, aside from Kyle, was excellent or elite when Demar was here. Don't tell me JV, Lou Will, Ibaka, Mild P, injured OG or glue guy DeMarre Carroll....

Vince at least has 2 excellent teammates. T-Mac and Oak. They are either All-star themselves or all NBA team caliber.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#139 » by Kingsway_fan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:17 pm

TRex520 wrote:
Kingsway_fan wrote:

Excellent teammates? :o

Tell me who else, aside from Kyle, was excellent or elite when Demar was here. Don't tell me JV, Lou Will, Ibaka, Mild P, injured OG or glue guy DeMarre Carroll....

Vince at least has 2 excellent teammates. T-Mac and Oak. They are either All-star themselves or all NBA team caliber.

Nice try. Tmac left before he blossomed into talent and oak was at tail end of career and trash. Tracy McGrady — 1997-2000 (192 Games 11.1 PPG 2.5 APG 5.5 RPG).

Oak would be third string on current raps... Dont pass your fake news on me.. I was and am a season ticket holder.

vc would have taken this team to perennial finals... Derozen was a net negative and esp in the playoffs, and the stats prove it... you are entitled to your opinion , but not your own facts...

DD homerism is truly astounding, lol.... VC will be in the HOF... DD, on the outside looking in.....
alpha
Starter
And1: 179

Post#140 » by alpha » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Lebron should retire his mouth

Return to Toronto Raptors