Image ImageImage Image

AK-Sato Awkward Exit

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,518

Re: AK-Sato Awkward Exit 

Post#61 » by dice » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:03 am

Wonderboy12 wrote:That boy Sato is so terrible. He was extremely overpaid. This guy should not even be in the league. He got the nerve to criticize Lavine when Lavine had to do score and do Sato job because he was so bad at it. Sato is a useless player that can’t shoot, dribble, or defend. He’s also a horrible rebounder for his size. Sato is one of the worst players to ever play for the bulls. Sato also has terrible basketball IQ.

false on almost every count

was it really worth creating a new account just to post in a single thread and be ridiculed?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#62 » by League Circles » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:14 am

dice wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
League Circles wrote:Eversley probably is the main communicator of stuff like this. Sato thinks AK is the GM, which he is not.

Thats really the meat of it I think. AK doesn't come across as the warm and fuzzy type guy as is and really that is ME's job theoretically yet we don't know the exact hierarchy.

1) i'm pretty sure that sato knows who the GM is
2) it doesn't matter who the "main" communicator is. if you're going to send a message at all, you should do a lot better than what AK did

I mean, he was quoted referring to AK as the "general manager" , though I'm guessing the convo was in Czech and the translation is probably botched on multiple levels. I don't see why AK has to get all lengthy or emotional in expressing some kind of deep gratitude that his predecessor thought Sato would be a good signing. Does anyone think for a second that Sato sent AK (or anyone) a deep lengthy thank you for all the money he was paid or the playing time he got? Lol
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
The Evidence
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,620

Post#63 » by The Evidence » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:43 am

First we got roasted by The Promise.

Now Sato.

Why are our scrubs so entitled?
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,688

Post#64 » by dougthonus » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:46 am

League Circles wrote:I don't see why AK has to get all lengthy or emotional in expressing some kind of deep gratitude that his predecessor thought Sato would be a good signing. Does anyone think for a second that Sato sent AK (or anyone) a deep lengthy thank you for all the money he was paid or the playing time he got? Lol

I don't think anyone is asking AK to get lengthy or emotional. Just the courtesy of a phone call which seems like a standard thing. What AK did isn't crazy, but it lacks standard professional courtesy.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,031

Post#65 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:23 am

Zach dropping a 40 piece on N.O. guaranteed
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,518

Post#66 » by dice » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:24 am

if gar foreman would have sent the exact same text to [insert departing mediocre player here] someone would have said "typical of this toxic FO." and nobody would have objected to that characterization. guaranteed
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#67 » by gobullschi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:51 am

There is an interesting trend going on in professional sports, where players expect to be treated like they’re working for a small company, instead of a large corporation.

AK has had a very busy offseason with significant turnover, so I’m willing to cut him some slack on this miscue. This isn’t that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, especially for a guy who only spent two seasons with the organization (one with AK), but a phone call would have been the classier move.

Not sure why Sato is throwing shade at LaVine.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,687

Post#68 » by GoBlue72391 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:06 am

dougthonus wrote:
League Circles wrote:I don't see why AK has to get all lengthy or emotional in expressing some kind of deep gratitude that his predecessor thought Sato would be a good signing. Does anyone think for a second that Sato sent AK (or anyone) a deep lengthy thank you for all the money he was paid or the playing time he got? Lol

I don't think anyone is asking AK to get lengthy or emotional. Just the courtesy of a phone call which seems like a standard thing. What AK did isn't crazy, but it lacks standard professional courtesy.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up nicely. It's not a big deal, but it's also not ideal.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,449

Post#69 » by samwana » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:45 am

If he wouldn't have sent anything, probably no one would have said anything. Now that he did it is wrong.

RealGM mobile app
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,194

Post#70 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:22 pm

samwana wrote:If he wouldn't have sent anything, probably no one would have said anything. Now that he did it is wrong.

RealGM mobile app

For sure. He would have been better sending nothing, and while I don’t think this is a crazy response if he was going to reach out to Sato he clearly should have done more so than with a half measure. Breakup texts are pretty crass. While I find the actions to absolutely fit what I personally perceive of AK, it still is surely cold and saying nothing might have been better.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#71 » by dougthonus » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:11 pm

samwana wrote:If he wouldn't have sent anything, probably no one would have said anything. Now that he did it is wrong.

RealGM mobile app

I disagree. If Sato said "the front office didn't even contact me at all after trading me" then from my perspective, it would have been even worse. If a guy leaves in FA I don't think either side owes the other anything. If there is a trade or waiver then I think you owe the guy a face to face.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,220

Post#72 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:20 pm

One thing I'd be curious to see (and maybe it's already been said) is whether or not player interaction falls under AK's responsibilities, and not Marc Everlsey's. I would imagine the two (and their team) divide up the workload a good amount.

Sato was pretty specific with AK not being the one to give more than a text, but I wonder if Marc is really the guy interacting with the player's more. If so, I don't think it's a big deal.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#73 » by sco » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:01 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:One thing I'd be curious to see (and maybe it's already been said) is whether or not player interaction falls under AK's responsibilities, and not Marc Everlsey's. I would imagine the two (and their team) divide up the workload a good amount.

Sato was pretty specific with AK not being the one to give more than a text, but I wonder if Marc is really the guy interacting with the player's more. If so, I don't think it's a big deal.

Great point, IMO, ME is the "relationship guy", but the fact that neither guy called is still the issue.
:clap:
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,220

Post#74 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:07 pm

sco wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:One thing I'd be curious to see (and maybe it's already been said) is whether or not player interaction falls under AK's responsibilities, and not Marc Everlsey's. I would imagine the two (and their team) divide up the workload a good amount.

Great point, IMO, ME is the "relationship guy", but the fact that neither guy called is still the issue.

I guess that's my question. Do we know that ME didn't contact him? Maybe he did, and Sato simply expected something from the guy at the top. If this is the case, then this complaint is really nothing.

If ME had an hour long conversation with him, and AK texted him after, then Sato is being silly.

The tweet specified AK, and not anyone else.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#75 » by TheHrvReport » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:15 pm

dice wrote:if gar foreman would have sent the exact same text to [insert departing mediocre player here] someone would have said "typical of this toxic FO." and nobody would have objected to that characterization. guaranteed

Came here to post this. Lot of hypocrisy among Bulls fans
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,028

Post#76 » by FriedRise » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:38 pm

Meh, what was AK supposed to say for a departing player averaging 7/2/4? C'mon man.

Czech your ego at the door.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,306

Post#77 » by fleet » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:27 am

The Evidence wrote:First we got roasted by The Promise.

Now Sato.

Why are our scrubs so entitled?
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,306

Post#78 » by fleet » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:29 am

dougthonus wrote:

Just asking how we know this?
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#79 » by dougthonus » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:52 pm

fleet wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

Just asking how we know this?

Common sense and the general collective experience as to how you treat people in any even remotely similar situation in life?

It's like firing someone over email or breaking up over text or something like that. It's just completely plain common sense that the generally correct thing to do in this situation is make a phone call or meet in person. Doesn't have to be AK, could have been ME, but someone from the Bulls should have called him and done a cursory thank you for your time etc...

Again, isn't the end of the world, but it is a very basic concept of human decency that cross cuts any similar type of situation where you are choosing to end a relationship with someone, the expectation of society is to let that person know in as personal a method as is practical. Face to face would be ideal but not practical in this sense. A phone call is the most practical thing you could do.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,914

Post#80 » by Wingy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:11 pm

This isn’t the NFL where there’s 50-something players, and with injuries guys shuffling in and out all the time, and non-guaranteed contracts.

There’s 12 guys basically all year. Let’s not act like this is some 30k employee corporation like some of you are.

He didn’t even have to make a phone call for cripes sake. Make your thumbs move for an additional 30 seconds, and this isn’t even a story.

It’s basic decency for any good employer. As I said earlier, I’m sure you’d all take it in stride and have zero negative feelings if that’s how one of your bosses sent you packing.

Unreal some of you guys act like that’s too much to ask of AK. Text more than one sentence. Too difficult.

Honeymoon indeed.

Return to Chicago Bulls