Simmons demands out and will not report

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,799

Re: Simmons demands out and will not report 

Post#761 » by HotelVitale » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:18 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Can Maxey play point guard or is he exclusively a SG?

how can someone who calls themselves Pointgod ask this question???

Maxey has a good handle but he's not a great passer and his game is focused on scoring. Much more old-school combo guard than PG right now, even if he was able to adjust take him a while to get there.
K3nny Pow3rs
Senior
And1: 707

Post#762 » by K3nny Pow3rs » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:28 am

Sane wrote:It's so sad that ESPN is so lazy that it decides to focus this much on one player who is going through mental struggles.

There are so many stories worth talking about even in this quiet part of the offseason. I'm not a fan of Simmons at all, but I'm a bit fed up with how much focus this is getting and there comes a time when you say the media is bullying someone in the pursuit of content.

Ben Simmons is the most unique player in NBA history, and arguably the most universally fascinating player in the NBA today.
ESPN know that most people are fascinated by him, so they feel obliged to write about him every chance they get.
People love talking about him and thinking about him.

And he's got more upside than anyone we've ever seen, because switching to right-hand may elevated him above LeBron, because he's already got the defense, passing, ball-handling and paint scoring easily covered.
And trading Simmons to another team could lead to him switching to the right-hand, because Redick suggested it and Simmons ignored the suggestion, but what if somebody more respectable makes the suggestion? Simmons could give it a shot, and that could completely alter the balance of power in the NBA.

xdrta+ wrote:
K3nny Pow3rs wrote:Ben Simmons is the most unique player in NBA history....

Is this satire?

Any other All-Star PGs who go weeks without attempting a jump shot?
Plus he's 6-11 and has smoother handles than LeBron....
Has a guard or forward ever scored as much as Simmons while attempting so few jump shots?
naabzor
Analyst
And1: 2,735

Post#763 » by naabzor » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:07 am

K3nny Pow3rs wrote:
Sane wrote:It's so sad that ESPN is so lazy that it decides to focus this much on one player who is going through mental struggles.

There are so many stories worth talking about even in this quiet part of the offseason. I'm not a fan of Simmons at all, but I'm a bit fed up with how much focus this is getting and there comes a time when you say the media is bullying someone in the pursuit of content.

Ben Simmons is the most unique player in NBA history, and arguably the most universally fascinating player in the NBA today.
ESPN know that most people are fascinated by him, so they feel obliged to write about him every chance they get.

And he's got more upside than anyone we've ever seen, because switching to right-hand may elevated him above LeBron, because he's already got the defense, passing, ball-handling and paint scoring easily covered.
And trading Simmons to another team could lead to him switching to the right-hand, because Redick suggested it and Simmons ignored the suggestion, but what if somebody more respectable makes the suggestion? Simmons could give it a shot, and that could completely alter the balance of power in the NBA.

Who can be fascinated by a guy who pass up wide open layups? Not me for sure.
Knicks365247
Junior
And1: 350

Simmons demands out and will not report 

Post#764 » by Knicks365247 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:42 am

So he can’t take the criticism from Doc and wants out.

Most likely his game deficiencies won’t go away when he gets traded so he’ll face similar criticism from someone within his new organization. What is he going to do then? Demand out from that team as well?

Ben Simmons needs to grow the **** up and man up.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,491

Post#765 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:13 am

naabzor wrote:
K3nny Pow3rs wrote:

You seem pretty darn boring man.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#766 » by JN61 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:50 am

K3nny Pow3rs wrote:

Sure if you followed NBA for like 5 years.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,576

Post#767 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:31 am

good video by Coach Nick. There seems to be issues also in Doc's coaching, actually

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
Слава Украине!
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,760

Post#768 » by evilpimp972 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:
good video by Coach Nick. There seems to be issues also in Doc's coaching, actually

Yup but the dude needs a perfect coach, a perfect situation, a perfect team to thrive? Sounds like problems to me.
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,901

Post#769 » by ReddoverKobe » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:44 pm

K3nny Pow3rs wrote:

He cant shoot. Also hi Ben Simmons.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,576

Post#770 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:12 pm

evilpimp972 wrote:
Ryoga Hibiki wrote:

Yup but the dude needs a perfect coach, a perfect situation, a perfect team to thrive? Sounds like problems to me.

His point was more on the habits of the sixers of packing the paint giving no space to Embiid to operate. Even with Ben on the bench.
Слава Украине!
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#771 » by Dan Z » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:21 pm

Knicks365247 wrote:So he can’t take the criticism from Doc and wants out.

Most likely his game deficiencies won’t go away when he gets traded so he’ll face similar criticism from someone within his new organization. What is he going to do then? Demand out from that team as well?

If that scenario happens my guess is that his new team will be careful about what they say publicly because they don't want to cause problems. But maybe someone will say something in private....?

Either way, he'll hear it from media and fans if he doesn't show improvement.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#772 » by LivingLegend » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:08 pm

Dan Z wrote:

If that scenario happens my guess is that his new team will be careful about what they say publicly because they don't want to cause problems. But maybe someone will say something in private....?

Ben Simmons has a diva attitude, terrible work-ethic and cannot shoot in the 2021 NBA. I find it hard to believe the 76ers will get more than a mid-level talent for him and maybe a flier draft pick. He just sounds so unappealing unless hes going to a veteran led team that will hold him accountable.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#773 » by Dan Z » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:30 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Ben Simmons has a diva attitude, terrible work-ethic and cannot shoot in the 2021 NBA. I find it hard to believe the 76ers will get more than a mid-level talent for him and maybe a flier draft pick. He just sounds so unappealing unless hes going to a veteran led team that will hold him accountable.

I can't think of a trade that makes sense to me, but someone will buy into his talent. He's 25 years old and a three time all star.

It reminds me of players with bad contracts. Every time someone says X player is untradable someone ends up trading for them.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,103

Post#774 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:44 pm

Probably 29 teams would trade for him if the ask was low enough. Right now Philly wants the moon.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
naabzor
Analyst
And1: 2,735

Post#775 » by naabzor » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:04 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
naabzor wrote:
K3nny Pow3rs wrote:Ben Simmons is the most unique player in NBA history, and arguably the most universally fascinating player in the NBA today.

What this have to do with anything that was written.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#776 » by xdrta+ » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:09 pm

K3nny Pow3rs wrote:Ben Simmons is the most unique player in NBA history....

Is this satire?
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,491

Post#777 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:23 pm

naabzor wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
naabzor wrote:

What this have to do with anything that was written.

Well you said something that makes me assume you're pretty dull. Not the kinda person who thinks much or gets into nuance and details.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#778 » by LivingLegend » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:40 pm

Dan Z wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

I can't think of a trade that makes sense to me, but someone will buy into his talent. He's 25 years old and a three time all star.

It reminds me of players with bad contracts. Every time someone says X player is untradable someone ends up trading for them.

I mean, for the Cavs I would throw Sexton + Love + protected 1st for Simmons/Maxey. It makes sense for both sides if they are serious about something getting done. Love would be a good big man compliment to Embiid and do the exact opposite of Simmons (stretch the floor and unclog the paint) and Sexton would give the 76ers something else they desperatly need--a 20+ PPG guard from all 3 levels.

The Cavs then would get a 'star' player they always love to covet in small markets who would dramatically help their terrible defense and playmaking.

76ers

PG- Sexton
SG- Green
SF- Harris
PF- Love
C- Embiid

6th- Milton

Cavs

PG- Garland
SG- Okoro
SF- Simmons
PF- Mobley
C- Allen

6th- Maxey
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#779 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:46 pm

i have seen offer that beats Cj for Simmons yet
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#780 » by Dan Z » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:05 am

LivingLegend wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I mean, for the Cavs I would throw Sexton + Love + protected 1st for Simmons/Maxey. It makes sense for both sides if they are serious about something getting done. Love would be a good big man compliment to Embiid and do the exact opposite of Simmons (stretch the floor and unclog the paint) and Sexton would give the 76ers something else they desperatly need--a 20+ PPG guard from all 3 levels.

The Cavs then would get a 'star' player they always love to covet in small markets who would dramatically help their terrible defense and playmaking.

76ers

PG- Sexton
SG- Green
SF- Harris
PF- Love
C- Embiid

6th- Milton

Cavs

PG- Garland
SG- Okoro
SF- Simmons
PF- Mobley
C- Allen

6th- Maxey

Love is probably done and that's one issue with including him in any trade.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/07/19/kevin-love-withdrew-from-team-usa-but-not-looking-to-retire-from-nba/

If he is indeed done, then in this trade the Sixers get his "dead weight" plus Sexton (who they'll have to pay very soon) and a protected 1st. I know Simmons has his issues, but that's terrible value for him. On top of that they give up Maxey too.

Return to The General Board