ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#181 » by F N 11 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:17 pm

cashman scared to invest in more than 1 healthy good starter strikes again.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#182 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:52 pm

You guys want to do a Subway Series thread for the weekend?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#183 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:02 am

LOL. I'm sorry, I was wrong. You guys really do suck!
Free Palestine
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,003

Post#184 » by blue and orange » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:32 am

The Yankees are toast, feels like one of those annual NY Giants 2nd half collapses.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#185 » by Prokorov » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:15 pm

Boone not being fired is beyond insane to me.
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,914

Post#186 » by knickabocker88 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:27 pm

Prokorov wrote:Boone not being fired is beyond insane to me.

Because this is what Cashman wants. He wants Gallo hitting 2nd, he wants someone to coddle Gary Sanchez. Remember he didn't want to Trade Gleyber because he has to walk around in the city. Now Gleyber is a bum.

It's not Boone's fault that Chapman is a fraud without the sticky stuff.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#187 » by GEOLINK » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:20 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:LOL. I'm sorry, I was wrong. You guys really do suck!

Aaron Judge built Citi Field.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#188 » by F N 11 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:50 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:LOL. I'm sorry, I was wrong. You guys really do suck!

dude, i havent watched the yankees in days
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,914

Post#189 » by knickabocker88 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:14 am

2 third place teams, entertaining.

Oh wait the Yankees are in 4th place right now.

Needs - Closer, Setup Man, 1B, 4th OF, Starting OF, Shortstop, Catcher ... Jeez.

Bet they resign Gardy again and we'll have 400 AB of Hicks next year to look forward too.
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#190 » by DickGrayson » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:17 am

Knicks > Yankees
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#191 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:28 pm

DickGrayson wrote:Knicks > Yankees

Liberty > yankees
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,085

Post#192 » by moocow007 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:39 pm

It's interesting that I said before the season that the Yankees should strongly consider trading Torres (and for a healthy starter no less) and most folks called me insane. It was clear to me that Torres was not a SS no matter how much we wanted to round peg him into a square hole. He doesn't have the body or the range for it and usually when you try to force a player to play a position he's not comfortable with (especially if that position is arguably the hardest position to play in baseball) that it's going to negatively impact everything else. And it apparently has. And his value is now nose diving.

So what do we learn from this guys?

PS: I was also pushing to trade Gary Sanchez well before his value also basically tanked out. Had suggested that they would have been better off keeping Romine and pairing him with a more robust backup C and trading Sanchez while he still had value. But a big part of the problem is that Cashman refuses to trade anyone that has any real value even if their future/projection is dubious or the fit is just off. He does not reset, he does not draft high upside so it forces him into a model (spend to win) that the Yankees cannot and more so are not willing to do.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#193 » by GEOLINK » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:54 pm

moocow007 wrote:It's interesting that I said before the season that the Yankees should strongly consider trading Torres (and for a healthy starter no less) and most folks called me insane. It was clear to me that Torres was not a SS no matter how much we wanted to round peg him into a square hole. He doesn't have the body or the range for it and usually when you try to force a player to play a position he's not comfortable with (especially if that position is arguably the hardest position to play in baseball) that it's going to negatively impact everything else. And it apparently has. And his value is now nose diving.

PS: I was also pushing to trade Gary Sanchez well before his value also basically tanked out. Had suggested that they would have been better off keeping Romine and pairing him with a more robust backup C and trading Sanchez while he still had value. But a big part of the problem is that Cashman refuses to trade anyone that has any real value even if their future/projection is dubious or the fit is just off. He does not reset, he does not draft high upside so it forces him into a model (spend to win) that the Yankees cannot and more so are not willing to do.

It’s odd that every infielder minus Voit and Rizzo has played round robin all over the infield except Gleyber. It only took them till September to realize he’s not a SS. :banghead:
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,946

Post#194 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:48 am

Ready to bring back Matsui, Tanaka, and Kuroda…
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#195 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:05 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
moocow007 wrote:It's interesting that I said before the season that the Yankees should strongly consider trading Torres (and for a healthy starter no less) and most folks called me insane. It was clear to me that Torres was not a SS no matter how much we wanted to round peg him into a square hole. He doesn't have the body or the range for it and usually when you try to force a player to play a position he's not comfortable with (especially if that position is arguably the hardest position to play in baseball) that it's going to negatively impact everything else. And it apparently has. And his value is now nose diving.

It’s odd that every infielder minus Voit and Rizzo has played round robin all over the infield except Gleyber. It only took them till September to realize he’s not a SS. :banghead:

lol yeah.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#196 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:11 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Ready to bring back Matsui, Tanaka, and Kuroda…

Thank goodness you didn't mention Igawa. :lol:
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#197 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:01 pm

moocow007 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:Ready to bring back Matsui, Tanaka, and Kuroda…

Thank goodness you didn't mention Igawa. :lol:

Can I put in Chien Mien Wang? I loved that guy...so solid for us.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#198 » by Phish Tank » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:40 pm

this season is done. Team has no heart or pride - just like their owner Hal The Accountant.

Full firesale needs to happen.

Perhaps hiring the guy who somehow tore his ACL playing basketball the year after getting to the World Series clearly wasn't the right choice.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#199 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:39 pm

Phish Tank wrote:this season is done. Team has no heart or pride - just like their owner Hal The Accountant.

Perhaps hiring the guy who somehow tore his ACL playing basketball the year after getting to the World Series clearly wasn't the right choice.

Nothing will change until The Hal Bean Counter fires Cashman. But then we know Cashman must have some compromising photos on Hal to have stayed this long. A new GM and Boone will of course be history is the way forward.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#200 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:16 am

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:this season is done. Team has no heart or pride - just like their owner Hal The Accountant.

Nothing will change until The Hal Bean Counter fires Cashman. But then we know Cashman must have some compromising photos on Hal to have stayed this long. A new GM and Boone will of course be history is the way forward.

Honestly, I feel good with Cashman, unless he's also being cheap as eff without ownership directives. Nothing changes unless Hal changes.

Return to New York Knicks