Bulls/Wizards Continuing the DJJ series

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,702

Bulls/Wizards Continuing the DJJ series 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:31 pm

Kuzma
26 WAS 2nd

for

DJJ

Washington clears out some of their crowded forward rotation clearing the final 2 years of Kuz for just one 2nd.

Chicago needs guys at this position who can play and this one comes with a minor asset which may matter considering they took a first and not Nance back. But they still need another competent rotation player at forward.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,279

Re: Bulls/Wizards Continuing the DJJ series 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:29 pm

I think the 2nd(s) should be going the other way, but I like the premise of this a lot.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:36 pm

Can we at least see if Kuzma is any good before trading him for an expiring while also giving up a 2nd rounder?

There's an odd plethora of DJJ trade threads.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Texas Chuck

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:56 pm

Ruzious wrote:Can we at least see if Kuzma is any good before trading him for an expiring while also giving up a 2nd rounder?

Yeah I like to look at specific teams that I perceive to have a need and try and address it on various levels using the most likely trade chips. I would have had a 4th thread, but Whalers posted one of the most obvious ideas in another thread so what you gonna do.

If everyone hates it please let me know and I can knock it off, but as one of the posters who likes minor deals and not just blockbusters/hot rumor of the day I like giving the board a different kind of content in case others like these more "realistic" deals.

As to this deal, of course Washington should feel free to see what they have and who wins rotation minutes and who is the odd man out. Of course at that point its probably a bit harder to get as good of a deal for a Kuz or a Bertans if they aren't playing. And I feel like we all have a pretty good sense of who Kuzma is -- a rotation worthy player but on a contract that imo at least makes him a slight negative. And since they have more invested in Bertans I have Kuzma as the most natural guy to get dealt as they probably want to keep the cheaper/younger guys for sure.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#5 » by ChettheJet » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:20 pm

It's a great deal for the Bulls as Kuzma becomes the tallest PF on their roster, likely a solid backup to Patrick Williams because offensively he does more for the second unit than he could with 4 better scorers than he is in the starting lineup. The Bulls probably rate the picks because they're taking on the longer contract while reducing the WASH backlog at the PF, giving them an expiring defensive SF.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#6 » by HornetJail » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:53 pm

I think the Bulls should definitely try to go after a defender instead of Kuzma but the value is fair.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:43 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Can we at least see if Kuzma is any good before trading him for an expiring while also giving up a 2nd rounder?

Yeah I like to look at specific teams that I perceive to have a need and try and address it on various levels using the most likely trade chips. I would have had a 4th thread, but Whalers posted one of the most obvious ideas in another thread so what you gonna do.

If everyone hates it please let me know and I can knock it off, but as one of the posters who likes minor deals and not just blockbusters/hot rumor of the day I like giving the board a different kind of content in case others like these more "realistic" deals.

As to this deal, of course Washington should feel free to see what they have and who wins rotation minutes and who is the odd man out. Of course at that point its probably a bit harder to get as good of a deal for a Kuz or a Bertans if they aren't playing. And I feel like we all have a pretty good sense of who Kuzma is -- a rotation worthy player but on a contract that imo at least makes him a slight negative. And since they have more invested in Bertans I have Kuzma as the most natural guy to get dealt as they probably want to keep the cheaper/younger guys for sure.

I'd much prefer a consolidation trade where we give up 2 or 3 for 1 - and the 1 being a better player. See if we can do that before settling for a trade that intentionally lowers our talent level - even if it means trading one of the younger guys like Kispert, Avdija, and Rui - though I'd really rather not trade Rui.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#8 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:01 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:I think the Bulls should definitely try to go after a defender instead of Kuzma but the value is fair.

You don't see the merits in lavine/bad defender / vuc? :lol:

I do agree but also, who ? They passed on Nance and I'm still confused by that.
Texas Chuck

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:18 am

I'm not trying to sell anyone on Kuzma as a good starter. But I look at the current forward options for Chicago and its Patrick Williams and Derozan and then some guys I'm not sure I ever want to give minutes to if I'm trying to win games. DJJ? No. Alize? No. Cook? No.

So this is the lowest asset cost of my ideas(in that they pay -1 2nd round pick) in an attempt to get them another playable option. If Chicago wants a better player I'm all for that, but then they have to give something up and that wasn't popular either so....

But yes Nance was the obvious solution and I still have no idea why he's in Portland.

Return to Trades and Transactions