Shams wall and rockets working together to be traded

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Shams wall and rockets working together to be traded 

Post#61 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:07 pm

ROballer wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:There's no way Fertitta would want any contracts longer than a year. That's allegedly the reason why he got Oladipo instead of LeVert.

It's too bad this is coming out now, something like Ibaka, Beverley and Rondo probably would have worked. That's what...$30 million in salary, so it would have been +11 million coming in. I'm sure they would have figured out a way.

They'll take Kennard if it comes to that. Getting Wall off the books.
Ibaka and Bledsoe can be easily bought out or shipped to another team. One is an expiring and the other one has two years on his deal. Even if you can't find a taker for Bledsoe, he's essentially on the books for this year only. In the summer he's an expiring and every team in the league are interested in those.

If they don't want to pay for a buyout but don't want Wall, they won't get a better deal than this. They can't keep him glued to the bench for two years and paying him to do nothing, come on now.

It makes a ton of sense for the Clippers as well. Neither of those 3 are irrepleaceble and Wall would provide a boost with Leonard out for most of the year.

Clippers are not giving up that for the right to overpay John Wall for two years. We need the shooting of Ibaka and Kennard with how the roster is made up now and Bledsoe motivated should pick up some defensive slack. Maybe try the Pacers
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#62 » by Dan Z » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:14 pm

JimmyPlopper wrote:John Wall, Kevin Porter Jr., and 2022 unprotected Houston 1st to Chicago
Lonzo Ball, Zach Lavine, and Troy Brown Jr, Houston 2024 Top 10 Protected Pick, Houston 2023 Pick Swap to Philly
Ben Simmons to Houston

The Bulls aren't going to break up the team they just put together for a Houston 1st round pick and Kevin Porter Jr.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,988

Post#63 » by Richard4444 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:15 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:Clippers for Morris, Bledsoe and Kennard works.

I think LAC would rather give Ibaka than Morris in a trade for Wall...
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#64 » by Openheimer » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:15 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Cannot say I was super impressed with the Rockets and what they received for Harden which was some not so great players and a bunch of picks that will likely be late first round picks.

Wall will end up on the Lakers or Nets whether it's by trade or a buyout.

Nets? A team that probably has the best offensive guard tandem in the league with Harden and Kyrie don’t need Wall
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#65 » by Dan Z » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:15 pm

jamaalstar21 wrote:
Synciere wrote:Just looked up his stats. There was a year he shot 7% from 3. That can't be real...lol

Last year he shot 40% from the floor and 32% from 3. Need to see his TS% and time he's spent on the ball, but looking at the stats he's inefficient as opposed to being simply terrible. He could be in line for a bump in production another year off of his injury too. I know, I'm searching here.

92 million over the next two years. I don't know who's going to be able to take that on at this point.

On the surface level, stats wise, he did an okay John Wall impression, averaging 20ppg and 7apg. But even the tiniest dig into his numbers revels how much he fell off last year. Least efficient year since his rookie season. Career high usage but near career lows in free throw rate and assist rate. Didn't get to the hoop very much and converted those shots (inside 3 feet) at a career low percentage. Wall has probably always been a little overrated due to his awesome athletic package. His biggest strengths have always been attacking in transition and being a drive and kick maestro. He also used to get to the line and knock those down well enough. He was sneaky awful last year. Defense wasn't good either.

Maybe he bounces back a bit more, but it always feels iffy saying that about a player on the wrong side of 30 (just turned 31). As everyone else has said, it's his contract that's the biggest problem. He's the 2nd highest-paid player in the NBA this year. I'm not sure he's better than Eric Bledsoe.

At this point Bledsoe has more to prove than Wall plus he's on a team that will compete.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#66 » by Asianiac_24 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:17 pm

So the Rockets originally had CP3, arguably the best player on a finals team last year, attached a pick on him and traded them for Westbrook. Then traded Westbrook for the worst contract in the league lol
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Post#67 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:17 pm

John Wall and an unprotected 2022 first round pick for Kevin Love and Colin Sexton.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,810

Post#68 » by TheGOATWill » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:18 pm

JimmyPlopper wrote:to Boston for Horford and Richarson works
Wall/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Williams

Schoder has already had a really tough summer.
HabsAndDubs
Senior
And1: 489

Post#69 » by HabsAndDubs » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:19 pm

I don’t know how they’ll pull this off, since the assets you would need to attach to this trade are more valuable to Houston than getting Wall off the books. I do wonder who would take a Steph Curry salary level player who can’t be your first, and arguably your second option on a contender.

That said, the most obvious move here is to leverage a third time like OKC who could take on Wall’s contract and then flip him with enough assets to make it worthwhile for whoever takes him. Something that might make sense is to flip him to OKC for scraps, and then OKC flips him to someone like Indiana or Sacramento with solid picks attached, taking on salary. Then you have him opt into his deal and just buy him out next summer. I think a deal where he gives up some of his money and signs a cheap deal with the Clippers in time for Kawhi’s return would be really interesting.

Funny enough, the team that makes most sense for Wall would be the Wizards. Get him to OKC, and then flip him to DC with picks for Dinwiddie, Kuzma & Trez. Best shot for him is to go to a team who’s on the playoff bubble but just needs one more guy to get over the hump.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,927

Post#70 » by meekrab » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
HanzGruber wrote:Wizards gm deserves an award for getting out of that

And then got out of Russ' too. Back to back offseasons :lol:

The net of those two trades for the Wizards:

John Wall
Chandler Hutchison
2023 FRP
23 SRP
24 SRP
24 SRP
25 SRP
28 SRP

for

Spencer Dinwiddie
Aaron Holiday
Isaiah Todd
KCP
Montrezl Harrell
Kyle Kuzma
22 SRP

Not bad, I'd do it. :lol:
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,461

Post#71 » by Saints14 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:25 pm

Wow, very generous of the Rockets to work with a disgruntled player of Wall's stature. I'm sure getting his contract off their books losing his on-court contributions would be a big loss for them
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,102

Post#72 » by Johnny Tomala » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:50 pm

Rockets should never traded Westbrook for Wall. Westbrook is still very good, Wall is the worst contract in the league.
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,613

Post#73 » by Kingdibs19 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:55 pm

Buy him out so he can join Lakers. Lakers go all in on no shooting and just try to grandpa out athletic other teams.

Westbrook
Wall
Lebron
AD
Dwight
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#74 » by Slava » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:00 pm

His best option might be to show up to camp in shape and play well until the trade deadline. Then it becomes half a season and a player option remaining on his contract, which is a lot more palatable for a team needing PG help.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,555

Post#75 » by JimmyPlopper » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:05 pm

Cleveland trades: Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, 2022 1st Round Pick Swap (to Philly)
Cleveland receives: Tobias Harris
Garland/Sexton/Harris/Markkanen/Allen

Houston trades: John Wall, 2023 1st Round Pick (Lottery protected)
Houston receives: Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio (expiring)
Rubio/Green/Porter/Theis/Wood

Portland trades: CJ McCollum, Robert Covington
Portland receives: Ben Simmons
Simmons/Lillard/Powell/Nance/Nurkic

Philly trades: Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris
Philly receives: John Wall, C.J. McCollum, and Robert Covington, 2022 1st Round Pick Swap (CLE), Lottery Protected 2023 1st (HOU)
Wall/McCollum/Green/Covington/Embiid
you can't kill me - i was born dead
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,382

Post#76 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:05 pm

Porzingis for Wall makes sense
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,253

Post#77 » by pr0wler » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:14 pm

HanzGruber wrote:Wizards gm deserves an award for getting out of that

By giving up a 1st round pick for the 2nd worst contract in the league?
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,253

Post#78 » by pr0wler » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:18 pm

Johnny Tomala wrote:Rockets should never traded Westbrook for Wall. Westbrook is still very good, Wall is the worst contract in the league.

I feel like Westbrook is one of the most overrated players in the league. He hasn't been able to run an efficient offense for years, his defense is lacking, but his value gets inflated cause of all the triple doubles and accounting stats.

Even if it's true that he is still "very good", the Rockets are tanking anyway, and got a 1st rounder out of it in the process. Additionally, specifically this season, they needed to finish as low as possible because their pick is Top 4 protected. In the end, this strategy got the Rox got to keep their #2 pick Jalen Green who looks great so far.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#79 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:29 pm

Openheimer wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Cannot say I was super impressed with the Rockets and what they received for Harden which was some not so great players and a bunch of picks that will likely be late first round picks.

Wall will end up on the Lakers or Nets whether it's by trade or a buyout.

Nets? A team that probably has the best offensive guard tandem in the league with Harden and Kyrie don’t need Wall

They also don't need Griffin, Aldrich, or Mills but it's all about the ring chasers joining an already stacked teams.

Wouldn't shock me if he joined the nets but I think it's will be the Lakers.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 1,951

Post#80 » by Bobbymcgee » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:50 pm

Please let there be a super trade involving John Wall, Ben Simmons, and Kevin Love.

Return to The General Board