Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,265

Re: Around The NBA 

Post#1181 » by kodo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:19 am

Good story on the situation.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32135075/everything-know-know-ben-simmons-philadelphia-76ers-their-trade-impasse
The point was made that it wasn't Simmons' responsibility to increase his trade value, and that the Sixers should find the best possible trade and execute it now, rather than wait for a strong start to the season to increase his value.

Why hasn't Simmons been traded yet?
The simple answer? Because Damian Lillard and Bradley Beal aren't available yet.
Until there's any movement there -- or another team comes in with a huge offer for Simmons separately -- it seems likely Simmons will remain on Philadelphia's roster for the foreseeable future.

Expect the NBA to step in if Simmons does not report and the 76ers do not penalize him financially with a suspension. The last thing the league can afford is a precedent of players under contract not reporting for training camp.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1182 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:53 am

I can understand Philly shooting for Beal or Dame but Simmons is not worth either of them.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#1183 » by Repeat 3-peat » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:03 pm

Philly should be expecting McCullum instead of Lillard for a Simmons trade.

Personally, CJ would be fantastic in Philly. Maybe they could get Covington in the trade also.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1184 » by Grodoboldo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 am

Read on Twitter

@ShamsCharania: The Cleveland Cavaliers are signing guard Denzel Valentine to a partially guaranteed two-year deal, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Valentine was the No. 14 pick in the 2016 NBA draft and provides wing depth to the Cavaliers.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#1185 » by kulaz3000 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:05 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

@ShamsCharania: The Cleveland Cavaliers are signing guard Denzel Valentine to a partially guaranteed two-year deal, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Valentine was the No. 14 pick in the 2016 NBA draft and provides wing depth to the Cavaliers.

Happy for him. He definitely has a place in the NBA, just not in a prominent role.
Why so serious?
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1186 » by Grodoboldo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:09 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Happy for him. He definitely has a place in the NBA, just not in a prominent role.

I agree that he has a place in the NBA. I just don't think that place lies within that Cavs current roster. Really don't see the fit.
Yeah, yeah, get as much talent as you can and figure the fit later. But we all saw first hand what an unbalanced roster with ill defined roles does to young players development.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#1187 » by MGB8 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:44 am

Vanderbilt resigned with Minny….
MGB8
RealGM

Post#1188 » by MGB8 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:46 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I agree that he has a place in the NBA. I just don't think that place lies within that Cavs current roster. Really don't see the fit.
Yeah, yeah, get as much talent as you can and figure the fit later. But we all saw first hand what an unbalanced roster with ill defined roles does to young players development.

They could use another bench shooter.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1189 » by Grodoboldo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:56 am

MGB8 wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

They could use another bench shooter.

Everyone could use another bench shooter. They needed a more steady wing. Denzel is a veteran, but he's not steady.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1190 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 am

As I expected Gasol got traded from Lakers, once they got Howard and Jordan, it was just matter of time.. Now Grizzlies will waive him. He should go back to Europe and retire.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#1191 » by Andi Obst » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:22 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:As I expected Gasol got traded from Lakers, once they got Howard and Jordan, it was just matter of time.. Now Grizzlies will waive him. He should go back to Europe and retire.

It’s funny because I think that Gasol is basically done, but I still like him more than Howard and DAJ.

Anthony Davis is the most important Laker this season IMO. He will have to play more at center than ever. He’s also the last piece of that super strong Lakers defense. If he misses a bunch of games again, I think the Lakers won’t be able to avoid the play-in.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,652

Post#1192 » by sco » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:33 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:I've sort of fallen in love with this CLE-PHI-SAS trade when all player can be dealt.

Cleveland trades: Sexton, Rubio, Windler, 2022 1st (top 3 protected, unprotected after), 2024 1st (top 3 protected, unprotected after).
Cleveland receives: Simmons

Cleveland gets the allstar/superstar they want, still young enough. Have to like a Garland-Simmons pairing with defense around them.

Philly trades: Simmons
Philly receives: Sexton, Thad Young, Dej Murray

Philly gets star power, backcourt long term solutions in Murray and Sexton, and gets Simmons-lite in Thad Young. They get win now pieces that fit nicely. Their defense become really freaking good by adding Murray and Young.

Spurs trade: Murray, Young
Spurs receive: Rubio, Windler, 2022 Cleveland 1st, 2024 Cleveland 1st.

Pop probably likes the idea of a guy like Rubio dishing it out to his young wings, and gets 2 really elite draft picks for losing Murray.

IMO Philly can do way better than Sexton and Murray for Simmons. The team they should be work into the deal is TOR for those picks and maybe Lauri for Siakam going to PHI with Sexton.
:clap:
MGB8
RealGM

Post#1193 » by MGB8 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:59 pm

sco wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:I've sort of fallen in love with this CLE-PHI-SAS trade when all player can be dealt.

Cleveland trades: Sexton, Rubio, Windler, 2022 1st (top 3 protected, unprotected after), 2024 1st (top 3 protected, unprotected after).

Cleveland gets the allstar/superstar they want, still young enough. Have to like a Garland-Simmons pairing with defense around them.

Philly gets star power, backcourt long term solutions in Murray and Sexton, and gets Simmons-lite in Thad Young. They get win now pieces that fit nicely. Their defense become really freaking good by adding Murray and Young.

Pop probably likes the idea of a guy like Rubio dishing it out to his young wings, and gets 2 really elite draft picks for losing Murray.

IMO Philly can do way better than Sexton and Murray for Simmons. The team they should be work into the deal is TOR for those picks and maybe Lauri for Siakam going to PHI with Sexton.

Siakam would only fit if Tobias Harris was moved.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,410

Post#1194 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:40 pm

MGB8 wrote:
sco wrote:

Siakam would only fit if Tobias Harris was moved.

Ideally you don’t want Harris and Siakim for sure. Potentially doable but nor the best fit for sure.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1195 » by Grodoboldo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:30 am

Read on Twitter

@wojespn: Free agent C Isaiah Hartenstein has agreed to a training camp deal with the Clippers, source tells ESPN.

I sill feel he's worth a guaranteed deal.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#1196 » by Andi Obst » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:16 am

Grodoboldo wrote:I sill feel he's worth a guaranteed deal.

Seems like and his agent were pretty sure the league would agree with that since Hartenstein declined his player option for 21/22.

I don't get it either. For the minimum or even slightly above that, many teams should've been interested.

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#1197 » by Indomitable » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:22 pm

Little Nathan wrote:

Seems like and his agent were pretty sure the league would agree with that since Hartenstein declined his player option for 21/22.

I don't get it either. For the minimum or even slightly above that, many teams should've been interested.

He is a player with limited upside and is not very versatile. Why are you surprise he has a small market?
:banghead:
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1198 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:25 pm

Indomitable wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

He is a player with limited upside and is not very versatile. Why are you surprise he has a small market?

I'd rather have him than DeAndre Jordan, for example. I think he's better than some other minimum contracts around the league, that's all.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#1199 » by Andi Obst » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:37 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

I'd rather have him than DeAndre Jordan, for example. I think he's better than some other minimum contracts around the league, that's all.

Exactly. We're talking minimum contracts here, not some huge contracts. Hartenstein is 23 and showed some real potential last season, he should easily find a spot in the league.

Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1200 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:37 pm

Read on Twitter

@Mitch_Lawrence: The Rockets have been fielding offers for John Wall, including from the Clippers, Heat and Pistons, per sources. After taking a major PR hit for the James Harden trade, the Rockets aren’t rushing into any deal. One Houston exec: “We have to win this trade.’’

Could John Wall play the Bruce Brown role when Kawhi gets back?

Wall for Kennard + Bledsoe + Ibaka works in the trade machine. Maybe some 2nd rounders going to Houston. The Rockets save a little bit of money next year, and could probably flip Kennard for something.

Return to Chicago Bulls