ImageImageImageImageImage

Fat Joe / Ja Rule Verzuz

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,916

Fat Joe / Ja Rule Verzuz 

Post#1 » by SelbyCobra » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:07 pm

Who you got tonight?

Even though Ja has the bigger radio smashes, I think Joe takes this. Crack has almost 30 years in the game and has been relevant the entire time, while Ja reached huge fame, but flamed out really quick. I think Rule's big hits have aged terribly, whereas Joe's stuff is timeless and rings off in a Verzuz setting more. Oh, and I just saw Joe is using Technician as his DJ, AKA, Mr. "YO TECH LETS MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN" from the Lox Verzuz. He'll be able to handle stuff like playing Pun's verse on Twinz and set the whole whole building on fire. Even with the bigger hits, there's nothing Ja can do in an NYC crowd to counter that track if played right, in my opinion.

Read on Twitter

On a personal note, one of the first singles I can remember buying with my own money was Flow Joe back in '93. That isht was on repeat on The Box for weeks and I kept a list next to my bed of new artists/songs I had to check the singles rack at The Wiz for. This was at the exact same time Protect Ya Neck was also going on repeat and made me write "Wu-Tang Clan" for the first time in my life. That's how long Joe has been doing it.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Re: Fat Joe / Ja Rule Verzuz 

Post#2 » by SelbyCobra » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:09 pm

Read on Twitter
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#3 » by Fat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:42 pm

I just want to see a 50 cent make a special appearance that would make the night fire.

Idk who wins though ja I think has more hits but I think joe has a deeper resume + still has hits. Could go either way
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,320

Post#4 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:43 am

Joey crack wins in an land slide
Jesus Juice
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#5 » by Jesus Juice » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:47 am

Even tho they aren’t really connected, a ja rule win would undo a lox win..
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#6 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:09 am

Joe shooting himself in the foot repeatedly.

Read on Twitter
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#7 » by Fat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:48 am

Ja washed joe imo

Was always curious how high his status would be if 50 didn’t body his career. Can’t deny the man wasn’t dropping constant hits
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#8 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:48 am

Ashanti won
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#9 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:15 am

Ja Rule won. Fat Joe violated the ladies smh. One thing for sure is Ja Rule got classics. Fat joe don’t got more chart topping hits period. I never stopped liking Ja because 50 made people switch up. I was a fan of both. People forgot definitely got a reminder that Ja got hits, original singing rapper.

It’s a Versuz hit for hit. That was not the Dipset vs Lox crowd that like mixtape music. Bad approach fat Joe. Never had more hits than Ja to begin with.
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#10 » by NYKat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:40 pm

People forget Ja had 3-5 year run where he absolutely dominated the game. Fat Joe essentially did Ja a solid by keeping him relevant.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#11 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Ashanti won

:D

She had some real bangers with Ja.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#12 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:15 pm

Ja is definitely more respected. Whenever something happens, you ask Ja on the matter. No matter what it is, you always ask "Where is Ja?"
Free Palestine
RealGM
And1: 39,213

Post#13 » by 2010 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:47 pm

Ja Rule is a legend. Severely under appreciated.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#14 » by DickGrayson » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:06 pm

I didn't watch this but never been a fan of modern Fat Joe, imo early Fat Joe was better(92-97), the pop side never really got into it. People forget Joe was doing this **** before Ja even thought about music and was doing it amongst Big L and D.I.T.C. which is enough to give him his respect. I personally think Fat Joe is a weird dude and not the best representation of the Bronx but he has enough of a track record to say he has skills and can make gritty music when rap was in it's golden era where as Ja Rule was relevant when rap was entering it's waterdown stage. I'm not saying Joe is more successful, clearly that's Ja Rule. I'm saying Joe came up in 92 and immediately had the respect amongst the best which includes Big L and Lord Finesse who lyrically out shadowed most. Ja Rule started in 94' and no one really knew about him till 99' in Holla Holla debuted which was a big hit during that time and Ja Rule took over blazing because I never heard anyone get more radio play than him in NYC during this era (early 00's). Yea I expected Ja Rule to take this too many hits on his side.
RealGM
And1: 39,213

Post#15 » by 2010 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:46 pm

DickGrayson wrote:I didn't watch this but never been a fan of modern Fat Joe, imo early Fat Joe was better(92-97), the pop side never really got into it. People forget Joe was doing this **** before Ja even thought about music and was doing it amongst Big L and D.I.T.C. which is enough to give him his respect. I personally think Fat Joe is a weird dude and not the best representation of the Bronx but he has enough of a track record to say he has skills and can make gritty music when rap was in it's golden era where as Ja Rule was relevant when rap was entering it's waterdown stage. I'm not saying Joe is more successful, clearly that's Ja Rule. I'm saying Joe came up in 92 and immediately had the respect amongst the best which includes Big L and Lord Finesse who lyrically out shadowed most. Ja Rule started in 94' and no one really knew about him till 99' in Holla Holla debuted which was a big hit during that time and Ja Rule took over blazing because I never heard anyone get more radio play than him in NYC during this era (early 00's). Yea I expected Ja Rule to take this too many hits on his side.

All the timeline and industry schit aside, Ja Rule is a flat out better rapper, lyricist, M.C., performer, stage presence, crowd control, EVERYTHING. He just mopped Fat Joe all the way around. The verzuz merely demonstrated what should have been known.

Now back to the timeline and industry schit. As a Queen nih, I can tell you Ja been doing his thing since the days of the Cash Money Click (no, I ain’t talking about no Cash Money Records). Since back when Irv’s staple artist on the mainstream was Mic Geronimo and Ja was behind that being developed as the frontman of a group. So Ja wasn’t “inside” the way Fat Joe was tryna insinuate. Flow Joe dropped in 93. While Cash Money Click’s single “Get The Fortune” dropped in 94. Only one year separates them on the commercial releases timeline.

Ja is a legend. Don’t let the distractions let any of you get it twisted. 50 ain’t stop his grip on the rap game. The Feds did! Fact!

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#16 » by DickGrayson » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:27 am

2010 wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:I didn't watch this but never been a fan of modern Fat Joe, imo early Fat Joe was better(92-97), the pop side never really got into it. People forget Joe was doing this **** before Ja even thought about music and was doing it amongst Big L and D.I.T.C. which is enough to give him his respect. I personally think Fat Joe is a weird dude and not the best representation of the Bronx but he has enough of a track record to say he has skills and can make gritty music when rap was in it's golden era where as Ja Rule was relevant when rap was entering it's waterdown stage. I'm not saying Joe is more successful, clearly that's Ja Rule. I'm saying Joe came up in 92 and immediately had the respect amongst the best which includes Big L and Lord Finesse who lyrically out shadowed most. Ja Rule started in 94' and no one really knew about him till 99' in Holla Holla debuted which was a big hit during that time and Ja Rule took over blazing because I never heard anyone get more radio play than him in NYC during this era (early 00's). Yea I expected Ja Rule to take this too many hits on his side.

All the timeline and industry schit aside, Ja Rule is a flat out better rapper, lyricist, M.C., performer, stage presence, crowd control, EVERYTHING. He just mopped Fat Joe all the way around. The verzuz merely demonstrated what should have been known.

Now back to the timeline and industry schit. As a Queen nih, I can tell you Ja been doing his thing since the days of the Cash Money Click (no, I ain’t talking about no Cash Money Records). Since back when Irv’s staple artist on the mainstream was Mic Geronimo and Ja was behind that being developed as the frontman of a group. So Ja wasn’t “inside” the way Fat Joe was tryna insinuate. Flow Joe dropped in 93. While Cash Money Click’s single “Get The Fortune” dropped in 94. Only one year separates them on the commercial releases timeline.

Ja is a legend. Don’t let the distractions let any of you get it twisted. 50 ain’t stop his grip on the rap game. The Feds did! Fact!

* I think it's even but thats just me.

Get the Fortune was good and I wish Ja never left that style of rapping. By this time, Joe was already aligned with the top lyricist in NYC. Listen to Fat Joe's first two albums in full. "Only one year separates them on the commercial releases timeline. " (my point of bringing up the timeline was to mention Joe was far more active in the 90s and in the era that was considered Golden) He was dropping knowledge during 93'-95'.Joe stopped being a rapper after that and was looking more into being manager/head honcho of Terror Squad, even though Pun was the star of that but didn't have the slimey business mentality Joe had and the vision Joe had to use Terror Squad to leave the hardcore genre similar to how Ja went from hardcore lyricist with energy into RnB sweetboy. 50 is a lame who tried to get fans brainwashed to believe nonsense about Ja. Me personally I can't stand Fat Joe and as an adult I'm beginning to understand more why. But Fat Joe isn't even top 5 from the Bronx. I ain't got nothing twisted, I said Ja is legit. I'm personally not a fan of Fat Joe based on his style. Lord Finesse is a great example of a Bronx MC who been lyrically ahead of 99.9% of the game but doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

ironically after this track was released, Mets never won a WS again.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#17 » by ITGM » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:33 am

Nelly took the biggest L of the night.

Return to New York Knicks