NBA Players Won't Be Required To Receive COVID-19 Vaccination

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

NBA Players Won't Be Required To Receive COVID-19 Vaccination 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:44 pm

The NBA will be unable to enact a COVID-19 vaccine mandate as the union has messaged that any proposal that mandates vaccination remains a "non-starter."

The NBA and NBPA continue to negotiate aspects of COVID-related protocols and procedures for the upcoming season.

NBA referees and most NBA staff are mandated to be vaccinated.

Roughly 85 percent of players are vaccinated, a league spokesman recently said, and, in a preliminary memo obtained by ESPN in early September.

Via Brian Windhorst, Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

BeesKneesCs
Freshman
And1: 14

Re: NBA Players Won't Be Required To Receive COVID-19 Vaccination 

Post#2 » by BeesKneesCs » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:50 pm

So non-vaxed players are just going to take the night off if they are playing Knicks, Nets, Celtics, Raptors?
IkeDoIt
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#3 » by IkeDoIt » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:03 am

BeesKneesCs wrote:So non-vaxed players are just going to take the night off if they are playing Knicks, Nets, Celtics, Raptors?

No, they require their own players to be fully vaccinated, not visitors
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#4 » by the_process » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:26 am

My question is will the Feds be fining the NBA for every unvaccinated person? They are, after all, a business with more than 100 employees.

Even if they call the franchises individual businesses, each one of them has more than 100 employees as well.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#5 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:15 am

the_process wrote:My question is will the Feds be fining the NBA for every unvaccinated person? They are, after all, a business with more than 100 employees.

Even if they call the franchises individual businesses, each one of them has more than 100 employees as well.

Huh are you on about the federal vaccine mandate that demands federal workers and contractors get vaccination or something else?
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,958

Post#6 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:56 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
the_process wrote:My question is will the Feds be fining the NBA for every unvaccinated person? They are, after all, a business with more than 100 employees.

Huh are you on about the federal vaccine mandate that demands federal workers and contractors get vaccination or something else?

:lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#7 » by kuclas » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:18 pm

It’s not even a hard mandate even at the federal level. You can exempt yourself from required vaccines mandates by claiming “religious reason”

Which is fine

But NBA teams can combat these exemptions by forcing non vaccinated players to more strict testing.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#8 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:00 pm

kuclas wrote:It’s not even a hard mandate even at the federal level. You can exempt yourself from required vaccines mandates by claiming “religious reason”

Which is fine

But NBA teams can combat these exemptions by forcing non vaccinated players to more strict testing.

I've checked my bible. Nothing about vaccines in there. Which religions prohibit their followers from getting a vaccine?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Purpose
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#9 » by Purpose » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:18 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
kuclas wrote:It’s not even a hard mandate even at the federal level. You can exempt yourself from required vaccines mandates by claiming “religious reason”

Which is fine

I've checked my bible. Nothing about vaccines in there. Which religions prohibit their followers from getting a vaccine?

To put it simply, those who’s religion believe in pro life/anti abortion, can file for religious exemption as the covid vaccines all use fetal cells in production.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#10 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Purpose wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

Which is fine

To put it simply, those who’s religion believe in pro life/anti abortion, can file for religious exemption as the covid vaccines all use fetal cells in production.

While research and development used cells from fetuses, there is no fetal cell content in the vaccines.

The Pope has given approval to have the vaccine as he sees a greater good being done.

So Catholics cannot claim a religious exemption.

This article written by a Catholic:

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-asked-we-answered-do-the-covid-19-vaccines-contain-aborted-fetal-cells

Also, isn't a bit inconsistent to be pro-life, but anti-medical breakthroughs that save lives? Asking for multiple dead former right wing US radio hosts and pastors.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
slay25
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#11 » by slay25 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:01 pm

nothing is more infuriating than random people quoting a random source to validate their tribal opinion they’ve created. if anyone can answer this question i will get the vaccine… “if the vaccine works, why does any vaccinated person care what anyone else does?” you can’t, you’re just a human lackey for the power structure who seeks to control every aspect of your life including what you put into your body. sorry, but the hypothetical chance that i pass along a sickness to you that you have a 99%+ chance of overcoming isn’t worth putting an experimental mixture of substances i’ve never seen before and don’t understand into my body. if somehow that sounds unreasonable to someone, kindly eff off, we can talk in two years when the truth emerges after millions of people have already gotten it.

side note, imagine if the media was using a ticker to show how many vaccine injuries and deaths have occurred… and yes they are happening just no one besides infowars reports on it. you only know what you’re shown. america has killed more people across the world than 10 covids, yet we haven’t stopped war, poverty, the opioid crisis, etc. none of this is crazy conspiracy theory but i’m sure some idiot will find a way to minimize a completely rational well thought out comment

Return to Wiretap Discussion