ImageImageImageImageImage

What's Siakam/Van Vleet's trade value?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Re: What's Siakam/Van Vleet's trade value? 

Post#41 » by agkagk » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:11 am

Indeed wrote:VanVleet with Bogdan contract, good starter with a reasonable contract. You may able to draft someone like him in the top 10, so the fair value for us would be at least a top 10 pick in return.

Siakam being top 5 in his position (source eg. https://www.persources.com/ranking-top-30-power-forwards-2020-2021-nba-season/), it would be at least a top 3 pick.
Meanwhile, there are hardly any PF drafted in the top 10 being good in the last 10 years, so you are definitely drafting for someone worse than Siakam (arguable for OG as well).

Regardless, you will never get back full value. And the last draft was better than 2022 and 2023. 2022 draft may already be better than 2023. We are better off looking at trade bait in Boucher, Dragic and Trent, they may get us some low 1st to move our picks up.

Dear god!

The four spot might be the most mediocre position in all of sport.

Anyone crying over siakam’s contract or performance ought to take a good look at what Aaron “captain average” Gordon just signed for.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#42 » by Indeed » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:40 am

agkagk wrote:
Indeed wrote:VanVleet with Bogdan contract, good starter with a reasonable contract. You may able to draft someone like him in the top 10, so the fair value for us would be at least a top 10 pick in return.

Siakam being top 5 in his position (source eg. https://www.persources.com/ranking-top-30-power-forwards-2020-2021-nba-season/), it would be at least a top 3 pick.
Meanwhile, there are hardly any PF drafted in the top 10 being good in the last 10 years, so you are definitely drafting for someone worse than Siakam (arguable for OG as well).

Regardless, you will never get back full value. And the last draft was better than 2022 and 2023. 2022 draft may already be better than 2023. We are better off looking at trade bait in Boucher, Dragic and Trent, they may get us some low 1st to move our picks up.

Dear god!

Anyone crying over siakam’s contract or performance ought to take a good look at what Aaron “captain average” Gordon just signed for.

Must be that if Anthony Davis is available, and we would say no because we would compare him to Aaron "captain average" Gordon.

Obviously Siakam isn't at that level, but saying a position that contributed greatly for the last two championship teams (or more if you included Durant with the Warriors), then I think you are blindly believing in some good teams that never got the ring.
agkagk
Analyst

Post#43 » by agkagk » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:34 am

Indeed wrote:
agkagk wrote:

Dear god!

Must be that if Anthony Davis is available, and we would say no because we would compare him to Aaron "captain average" Gordon.

Obviously Siakam isn't at that level, but saying a position that contributed greatly for the last two championship teams (or more if you included Durant with the Warriors), then I think you are blindly believing in some good teams that never got the ring.

What the deuce are you ranting about.

The list has the corpses of Blake griffin, Lamarcus Aldridge and Kevin live in the top ten.

Ad and kd are both all world. Siakam is a legit all star and jaren Jackson is a young up and coming thoroughbred.

After that it’s all journey men, former all stars on their last leg (cause they only have one good leg) and role players.

The position lacks both top end talent and depth.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#44 » by Indeed » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:58 am

agkagk wrote:
Indeed wrote:
agkagk wrote:

Dear god!

The list has the corpses of Blake griffin, Lamarcus Aldridge and Kevin live in the top ten.

Ad and kd are both all world. Siakam is a legit all star and jaren Jackson is a young up and coming thoroughbred.

After that it’s all journey men, former all stars on their last leg (cause they only have one good leg) and role players.

Just simply disagree with you. Bam, Zion.

The reason they are journey men, because teams aren't spending time to develop them.

Meanwhile, it is clear that there is a lack of big SF and PF in the league. If you are trading them, you are hardly getting equivalent skill at that position. This is why OG is another example, as you look around the league, there are only handful of this player.
agkagk
Analyst

Post#45 » by agkagk » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:37 pm

Indeed wrote:
agkagk wrote:
Indeed wrote:

The reason they are journey men, because teams aren't spending time to develop them.

Meanwhile, it is clear that there is a lack of big SF and PF in the league. If you are trading them, you are hardly getting equivalent skill at that position. This is why OG is another example, as you look around the league, there are only handful of this player.

So you start with you disagree with me and them acknowledge that theirs a lack of big sf and pf in the league.

There's basically only 7 - 10 good full time power forwards in the league, how can you disagree with this and half ass acknowledge it as fact in the same breath?

yes I missed zion, giannis is basically positionless and bam is a centre.

And og is an example of what exactly?

I dont get how you equate me stating there is a dearth of pf's in the league somehow means i wouldnt want ad on my team -- scarcity is one of the greatest factors of value.

What are you even trying to say from post to post?
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#46 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:11 pm

Tofubeque wrote:And then the 2025 class will be even BETTER! I've been researching some crazy middle school mixtapes. Hopefully we trade for some 2023 picks and then flip them for 2025 picks, all in baby

can we trade our entire squad now for the first 13 picks in the 2025 draft and then just run out some grade 7 girls teams in Raptors unis for the next 3 years?

now that would be smart. masai sucks man.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#47 » by Indeed » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:02 pm

agkagk wrote:
Indeed wrote:
agkagk wrote:

So you start with you disagree with me and them acknowledge that theirs a lack of big sf and pf in the league.

There's basically only 7 - 10 good full time power forwards in the league, how can you disagree with this and half ass acknowledge it as fact in the same breath?

yes I missed zion, giannis is basically positionless and bam is a centre.

And og is an example of what exactly?

I dont get how you equate me stating there is a dearth of pf's in the league somehow means i wouldnt want ad on my team -- scarcity is one of the greatest factors of value.

What are you even trying to say from post to post?

I mean I am disagreeing on the category, but I agree with the lack of big SF and PF (or perhaps most of them being untouchable).

Durant, Ibaka would be part of the Griffin, Aldridge and Love group, and the top list may include Davis, Giannis, Jaren Jackson, Porzingis, etc. I feel they may not be quick enough to guard on the perimeter (except Giannis), but can impact the paint and have offensive skills.

As for the current SF, I would have Simmons, Donnic, Cade, LeBron, Tatum, Ingram, Zion, Siakam, Gordon, Bam, Issaic, OG, etc. being SF/PF. They are quicker and can guard on the perimeter, and have offensive skills (maybe Bam, Issaic and OG are still developing).

Return to Toronto Raptors