Image ImageImage Image

Zach LaVine's impending Free Agency

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,871

Re: Zach LaVine's impending Free Agency 

Post#221 » by Wingy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:14 am

Longest thread, and most effort ever put into a forgone conclusion that I’ve ever seen.

Mountain Dew sucks.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#222 » by The Force. » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:22 am

Did anyone listen to the latest Dunc'd On Podcast? They were discussing summer 2022 free agency and both Nate and Danny thought there was a high likelihood of LaVine leaving after this season. Even more so than Beal. According to them, the teams with the best chance of landing him are Boston, Atlanta, and maybe NY.

I swear these guys seem to be habitually pessimistic about anything having to do with the Bulls.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,829

Post#223 » by Mk0 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:51 am

God damn I hate the offseason. There is like 4 pages about a f#%ing Mountain Dew endorsement.. Jesus Christ, this board can be outraged over anything.

Baby Kittens vs Baby Puppies, GO!
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#224 » by Onibuh » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:57 am

Getting recognized is good for Zach and the Bulls. After the olympics, signing with MD only helps. After signing longterm here, I'm excited to see who the next star player 1-3 years) will be here instead of DeRozan or Vuc.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#225 » by SHO'NUFF » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:58 am

Mk0 wrote:God damn I hate the offseason. There is like 4 pages about a f#%ing Mountain Dew endorsement.. Jesus Christ, this board can be outraged over anything.

I was wondering why this thread kept getting bumped to the top. I thought for a second people were really scared that Zach LaVine was going to leave the Bulls or something.

I sincerely feel sorry for the people that are deeply affected by Zach LaVines Mount Dew endorsement. It’s really embarrassing and I’m embarrassed for them.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
FanInTheAttic
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#226 » by FanInTheAttic » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:41 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:
Mk0 wrote:God damn I hate the offseason. There is like 4 pages about a f#%ing Mountain Dew endorsement.. Jesus Christ, this board can be outraged over anything.

I was wondering why this thread kept getting bumped to the top. I thought for a second people were really scared that Zach LaVine was going to leave the Bulls or something.

I sincerely feel sorry for the people that are deeply affected by Zach LaVines Mount Dew endorsement. It’s really embarrassing and I’m embarrassed for them.

I am also surprised how much outrage a critical approach towards an athlete endorsing (unhealthy) sugary soda can generate on this board, even personal attacks. Why do you get so hyped up about it? Is the topic of ethics in professional sports something that shouldn't be discussed among fans ? No one is forcing anyone to participate if it's too difficult or uncomfortable.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,369

Post#227 » by Muzbar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:51 am

Technically Kittens and Puppies are babies.... :D :wink:

I couldn't help myself, sorry.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
FanInTheAttic
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#228 » by FanInTheAttic » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:42 am

Stratmaster wrote:
]Lol. Whatever. Your Google skills need work though:

https://www.food4less.com/p/mountain-dew-rise-tropical-sunrise-energy-drink/0001200020635

Mountain Dew exhilarates and quenches with its one of a kind, bold taste. Enjoy its chuggable intense refreshment. Crack open a cold Mountain Dew and refresh your taste buds.

Immune support

Mental boost

180mg caffeine; equal to 2 cups of coffee

25 calories

5% juice

0g added sugar

Contains zinc, Vitamins A & D, and antioxidants

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Thanks, I appreciate your effort in looking this up for me. I guess I didn't find it because I was looking for a vitamin water type of drink and this seems to be marketed as an energy drink.
gf2020hotmail
Sixth Man
And1: 340

Post#229 » by gf2020hotmail » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:13 pm

The Force. wrote:Did anyone listen to the latest Dunc'd On Podcast? They were discussing summer 2022 free agency and both Nate and Danny thought there was a high likelihood of LaVine leaving after this season. Even more so than Beal. According to them, the teams with the best chance of landing him are Boston, Atlanta, and maybe NY.

I swear these guys seem to be habitually pessimistic about anything having to do with the Bulls.

I heard the episode. I agree that they are generally pessimistic about the Bulls (which is probably fair after the last six seasons) but don't think either said it was a high likelihood, just that it LaVine had a higher chance of leaving in the off-season than Beal. Danny talked about Boston as a possibility BEFORE they did all of their extensions, which they were. The rest was mostly just speculation.

I think Danny's hate of the DeMarr move is coloring a lot of his his analysis. I think Nate is far more sanguine on the chances of the Bulls keeping Zach.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,002

Post#230 » by NecessaryEvil » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:28 pm

Onibuh wrote:Getting recognized is good for Zach and the Bulls. After the olympics, signing with MD only helps. After signing longterm here, I'm excited to see who the next star player 1-3 years) will be here instead of DeRozan or Vuc.

Hopefully Coby is back healthy soon and starring in a bench role aside Demar running the 2nd unit.

Coby + DJJ (expiring) + two 2022 1st round picks could possibly land us our next major piece.

Zach played a role in bringing Lonzo, Vooch and Demar here. I highly HIGHLY doubt he leaves these guys. Very unlikely.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#231 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:54 pm

The fact that Zach is getting a national endorsement deal with a Pepsi brand like MTN dew is huge for Bulls.

This means he doesn't have to move to some bigger market like LA or NY to get noticed.
Pepsi thinks he's big enough name where he is.

So this is real commercials or just part of NBA2k tho?
Like here is Zach sporting his logo hoodie with the MTN Dew logo plastered on it now from NBA 2k-

and he did some SONIC commercials IIRC a few years back. I thought he did Zenni stuff too.
He's very marketable, he just needs a big playoff run now so the national aud sees him since were not TNT or ESPN much now.

He's not going anywhere. Loves it here, knows it's his squad and we can pay him most and we will.

With any luck Mr Submarine will be calling next for a commercial.
Mk0
RealGM

Post#232 » by Mk0 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:42 am

Muzbar wrote:

Technically Kittens and Puppies are babies.... :D :wink:

I couldn't help myself, sorry.

Lookie here you son of a bi--
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,755

Post#233 » by Jcool0 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:55 pm

He has 200 million reasons to stay

Read on Twitter
Mk0
RealGM

Post#234 » by Mk0 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:43 am

Jcool0 wrote:He has 200 million reasons to stay

Read on Twitter

Zach LaVine has told people that I know, hey man if PepsiCo want me here, I'm not going anywhere. I'm building this Dew. I want to be an authentic part of this."
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,930

Post#235 » by Axl Rose » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:56 am

Whatever happened to the BG7 energy drink?

Get Clutch!
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
gf2020hotmail
Sixth Man
And1: 340

Post#236 » by gf2020hotmail » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:37 am

I love the banter and informed **** giving by the main trio on The Hoop Collective but have been extremely aggravated by Tim Bontemps of late, for constantly bringing up the Bulls choosing not to extend Zach as a big risk by the front office and that Zach could leave because of it, especially with Tim not liking the Bulls' off-season which is totally defensible (other than if you constantly advocated for a Zach for Ben Simmons trade, maybe you shouldn't be so confident in critiquing any move.)

But who did Bontemps pitch as a potential Zach destination next off-season in the latest episode?

The freaking Orlando Magic, who are nearly twenty wins below the Bulls projection by Vegas and who promise to be one of the worst three teams in the league next year. Bontemps brought up the lack of state income taxes and the chance to pair with Jalen Suggs and another top draft pick.

Talk about undermining your credibility. Zach is going to be so tired of losing and stuck on a play-in team...that he is going to start all over and sign with a much worse team in a smaller market so he can play with Wendell Carter instead of Vuc? Zach actively recruited DeMarr to leave him behind to play with another misfit team of prospects?

I assume Bontemps just has better connections with and/or like the Orlando Magic front office better, but geez. You can pitch me on Zach forcing his way out at the deadline if we are beyond bad, but he's not leaving Chicago for Orlando next year. That's like embarrassing fan fiction.
bulls_troy
General Manager
And1: 270

Post#237 » by bulls_troy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:32 am

Zach was never going anywhere. Never in doubt!
Twitter: @bulls_troy
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#238 » by keloms » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:00 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32264934/zach-lavine-says-season-crucial-direction-bulls-own-future

Zach LaVine says this season 'crucial' for direction of Chicago Bulls, his own future

"At the end of the day it's a business," LaVine told ESPN on Thursday. "They did what was best for the team and I will continue to go out there and do what's best for the team as well. This season going forward is going to be extremely crucial not just for me but for everybody. Winning would take care of everything."
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 438

Post#239 » by greenwing » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:31 pm

Lavine isn’t leaving Chicago. The Bulls are building around him. He’s the star player in a top three market with a team on the rise. There’s no reason for him to jump ship. It would take a major injury for him to not get a max or near max extension offer from the Bulls. Any talk of him leaving is the media looking for click bait.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,843

Post#240 » by meekrab » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:22 am

I'm sure his old agent or Klutch explained that he'll get a lot more money if he waits to sign a new contract next summer instead of signing an extension now, and the team wouldn't have had the ability to make all the moves they did this summer with a big Zach contract on the books.

Return to Chicago Bulls