Frank Ntilikina heading to Mavs

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Frank Ntilikina heading to Mavs 

Post#1 » by Pinkyring » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:46 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,296

Re: Frank Ntilikina heading to Mavs 

Post#2 » by Bornstellar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:47 am

How much help does Luka need??
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,269

Post#3 » by MrGoat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:49 am

Meh at this point. Doesn't move the needle

Also probably a bad influence on Hookah Doncic to bring in Frankie Smokes
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#4 » by Courtside » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:50 am

So... he goes to the Raptors on Dec 15?
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,817

Post#5 » by dirkforpres » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:53 am

I guess it’s a low risk move so I can’t be mad at it…

I can’t imagine he gets more than garbage time minutes
FIRE JASON KIDD
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#6 » by clyde21 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:58 am

i feel like the Mavs are gonna eventually be the hub for international players
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,789

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:58 am

Do we know this is more than a camp deal? But at the minimum why not let him and Terry and Gilmore fight it out for the final 2 roster spots. If he shows more give him the roster spot. If not, no harm no foul.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#8 » by dirkforpres » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:01 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Do we know this is more than a camp deal? But at the minimum why not let him and Terry and Gilmore fight it out for the final 2 roster spots. If he shows more give him the roster spot. If not, no harm no foul.

Terry is truly awful and hasn’t shown a thing since college that shows he belongs in the NBA either mentally or physically. I can’t believe he survived summer league
FIRE JASON KIDD
Texas Chuck

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:01 am

clyde21 wrote:i feel like the Mavs are gonna eventually be the hub for international players

They've always had a strong contingent of European players. But I wonder if the change from Donnie/Ronzone to Harrison/larger role for Finley plus Kidd in for Rick actually makes them a bit less likely to bring in more European players. Donnie and Ronzone were as connected as anyone in the league to European talent. And Rick valued shooting/skill over athleticism and Kidd may be different. Is Luka's presence enough to overcome decades of contacts and relationships(remember Donnie had known and been tracking Luka for 6 years before they traded up for him).
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:03 am

dirkforpres wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Do we know this is more than a camp deal? But at the minimum why not let him and Terry and Gilmore fight it out for the final 2 roster spots. If he shows more give him the roster spot. If not, no harm no foul.

Terry is truly awful and hasn’t shown a thing since college that shows he belongs in the NBA either mentally or physically. I can’t believe he survived summer league

Well he didn't get a chance last year to show anything with the personal stuff he was dealing with. No reason not to give him a training camp and see if he earns a roster spot. He was one of the best shooting prospects in his draft class so I'm not rushing to just give up on him too quickly. 15th man isn't going to play regardless.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,895

Post#11 » by DaGawd » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:10 am

The Dallas Knickerbockers
BaF
Washington Wizards
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#12 » by dirkforpres » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:11 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

If Dallas needs a 15th man around to not play and be a practice body, I wish they would’ve at least kept Hinton around instead of TT

Well he didn't get a chance last year to show anything with the personal stuff he was dealing with. No reason not to give him a training camp and see if he earns a roster spot. He was one of the best shooting prospects in his draft class so I'm not rushing to just give up on him too quickly. 15th man isn't going to play regardless.
FIRE JASON KIDD
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#13 » by shangrila » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:26 am

They seem like they could use some defence in the backcourt so it's a good pickup from that angle.

And if its for the min...who cares? It's such a low risk move at that point.
Texas Chuck

Post#14 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:37 am

DaGawd wrote:The Dallas Knickerbockers

Damn straight. We know where to mine talent. If he makes the team that's 1/3 of the roster former Knicks. You should start one of those threads like the Lakers fans have when a team has just 2 of their former players. :wink:

Just like the Knicks historically looked to Dallas first with Ro and Harp and then Chandler and Kidd. Harp and Chandler really worked out. So far for Dallas just Junior but we have some hopes for Bullock. :D
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#15 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:39 am

DaGawd wrote:The Dallas Knickerbockers

cuban and dolan united!

I mean what's the chances he makes the roster?
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#16 » by God Squad » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:55 am

Get Donic some real help FFS.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#17 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:57 am

clyde21 wrote:i feel like the Mavs are gonna eventually be the hub for international players

you mean euros. im not sure what frank brings to the table. he is one of many french busts along with killian.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#18 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:00 am

dirkforpres wrote:

survived? i thought he crushed judging by the statline. but either way, he seems frail not many quit esp in roookie season. you need a vet like frank in case he disappears for insurance but the problem is frank is not nba caliber.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,768

Post#19 » by UcanUwill » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:05 am

Wow, he remains in the league! Still remember one Doncic hater on the draft board, tell us Frank is the better player/prospect than Luka. Sometimes, when one guy is Euro nobody, and the others best player in Europe at age 18, you better not overthink things.
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,101

Post#20 » by JB2 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:19 am

I like this signing and while Dallas has some really attractive role players,: THJr, DFS, Kleber, Brunson, Bullock, Ntilikina, etc, Luka is getting the short end of the stick. If he had Trae, Book, or Mitchell's roster, he'd be in the finals and maybe with a ring by now. And not a shot at those guys at all.

Return to The General Board