Frank Ntilikina heading to Mavs

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,801

Re: Frank Ntilikina heading to Mavs 

Post#41 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:18 pm

Go trade for Dragic you stingy buttholes lol
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,256

Post#42 » by cupcakesnake » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Delon Wright didn't fit with Luka and neither did Josh Richardson. Frankie is a poor man's version of those two guys. I like the idea of a defensive guard next to Luka, but so far in his career the guys who work out well with Luka are the aggressive shot takers. Not a lot of room for indecision in Luka ball.

I root for Frankie Smokes, but I also rooted for Wright and Richardson. So can't say I love the fit here.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,659

Post#43 » by Jadoogar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:27 pm

Mavs turning into the knicks 2.0. Bullock, KP, THJr, Frank.
Not the best strategy.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,659

Post#44 » by Jadoogar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:28 pm

GeorgeGervin wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
clyde21 wrote:i feel like the Mavs are gonna eventually be the hub for international players

you mean euros. im not sure what frank brings to the table. he is one of many french busts along with killian.

Come on man, Hayes has only played 26 games due to an injury, give him some time before calling him a bust, he's only 19.
Sure he hasn't looked great so far but that's very early to call him a bust, he has good potential.

I remember Trae Young did not look that good for his first 26 games (better than Hayes though) and look where he is now.

lol people said the same about Frank.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#45 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:32 pm

iCallBankshot wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Luka finally gets his Pippen! I remember when Knicks fans used to talk up this guy like he was the second coming of Gary Payton. Just shows you how delusional fandom is.

Most Frank supporters are trolls lol

This is such a disrespectful take. Not like you care anything about respect or anything. But I became a Knicks die-hard during Frank's rookie season because he and KP had that stretch of games where they were a awesome tandem. KP was hitting every possible 3pt'r, averaging 23, and earned his unicorn title. Frank was playing staunch defense, making timely passes and stops. You remember it was magic.
Then it went all down-hill from there for both players. Fine, almost five years later, both guys are gone and this "Frank supporter troll" is 100% a Knicks fan. So to call us trolls is dumb as sh*t. Don't act like WE haven't been a stable franchise for that long. Don't forget we've had 5 coaches in the past 5 seasons and 50 years with out a championship. Don't act like we've been a good place for young guys to grow. There's a dose of reality for you, to humble you.

That said, I'm rooting for Frank wherever he lands (and screw KP). Go Knicks.

Your not A real fan if you don’t own a Ntilikina jersey
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Post#46 » by Capn'O » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:37 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
DaGawd wrote:The Dallas Knickerbockers

Damn straight. We know where to mine talent. If he makes the team that's 1/3 of the roster former Knicks. You should start one of those threads like the Lakers fans have when a team has just 2 of their former players. :wink:

Just like the Knicks historically looked to Dallas first with Ro and Harp and then Chandler and Kidd. Harp and Chandler really worked out. So far for Dallas just Junior but we have some hopes for Bullock. :D

It does seem to be a bit of an exchange program.

There's still some hope for a high end role player for him imo. I hope he can stay healthy. He just gets these stacked ticky tack injuries. With NYK it felt like every time he got a little momentum all of a sudden he pulled his groin again.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,579

Post#47 » by Swish1906 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:46 pm

Hah, telling that since two years that Frank is going to end up with the Mavs.

Really nice gamble, adds backcourt defense. Internationally Frank showed allready that he is a baller
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,543

Post#48 » by Maury2423 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:50 pm

Dallas MavKnicks at it again
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,134

Post#49 » by Froob » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 pm

Decent deal, assuming he signed for peanuts.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Blacksheep25
Rookie
And1: 1,301

Post#50 » by Blacksheep25 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:57 pm

How much help does Luka need? Already has the unicorn Porzingas. Now adding a freak with a 7’1 wingspan who was the Under 18 FIBA Championship MVP. If Luka doesn’t win now with an international super team what can you say? Even if he does I think I’m readying an asterisk.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#51 » by Spud2nique » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:58 pm

The Mavs makin moves. :rock: Is this the biggest name added this offseason for them? He’s perfect for Luka as he isn’t good at offense at all so Luka can take his volume load as well on O. More stats for Luka.
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#52 » by ACMFFL » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:10 pm

Spud2nique wrote:The Mavs makin moves. :rock: Is this the biggest name added this offseason for them? He’s perfect for Luka as he isn’t good at offense at all so Luka can take his volume load as well on O. More stats for Luka.

Luka and the Mavs keep living free rent in your head :lol:
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,974

Post#53 » by Richard4444 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:14 pm

draftnightsuit wrote:Dallas has the roster that the Knicks would’ve had if they landed Doncic instead of Knox.

Very small gap of talent between these 2 players...
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#54 » by Richard4444 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:20 pm

GeorgeGervin wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
GeorgeGervin wrote:
Come on man, Hayes has only played 26 games due to an injury, give him some time before calling him a bust, he's only 19.
Sure he hasn't looked great so far but that's very early to call him a bust, he has good potential.

I remember Trae Young did not look that good for his first 26 games (better than Hayes though) and look where he is now.

nah its very easy to sort out busts. usually guys who claim to play euro league but have minimal experience and stat pad in garbage euro cups. i said hayes was a bust in day 1 until kevin o connor infamously said he was the number 1 prospect only to face criticism from his stans bc he was a so called expert.

comparing hayes to trae is blasphemy since i was a trae young stan and luka critic coming off trae's historic college season. they arent even the same tier prospect wise. hayes was just one of many 18 yr old kids that played several minutes at euro league i dont have to evaluate millions of those. sure there might be some statistical deviation like sengun but most raw guys dominating leagues far below euro dont touch them with high lottery picks its not worth the gamble.

frank was someone i was pretty high several tier better than bust killian but ever since he went down, i dont touch prospects similar and trae he deserves some hate after busting his shot for someone who i lauded as the next steph his shooting is what bottom 10% percentile ben simmons has a chance to be better its a joke doncic looks like larry bird. looks like trae imitated steph to boost his draft stock he faked a lot of draft experts nobody saw it coming.

1) I obviously wasn't comparing Hayes and Young, no blasphemy here. All I'm saying is Trae is a very good example why you shouldn't call someone a bust that quickly, as he too didn't look great at the beginning of his rookie season and many people were too quick calling him a bust. After 26 games while being healthy, Young was shooting 37% from the field and 24% from the 3 (46 TS%) and he's much better right now. Obviously Young was better than Hayes is right now.

2) I still believe that calling a 19 yo rookie a bust after only 26 games and especially after his short season was cut in half due to a serious injury, is dumb. He actually looked more comfortable at the end of the season. Only time will tell but judging a 19 yo after 26 games and an injury can lead you to sounding dumb.

I agree that Hayes can bounce back. He played too few games... But he will have a tough time being a real PG with Cade in the team from now on...

Moreover, one time the few games excuse has to end. A lot of Knicks fans were defending Frank re-signing using the argument that 4 years was a too-small sample...

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Post#55 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:22 pm

jamaalstar21 wrote:Delon Wright didn't fit with Luka and neither did Josh Richardson. Frankie is a poor man's version of those two guys. I like the idea of a defensive guard next to Luka, but so far in his career the guys who work out well with Luka are the aggressive shot takers. Not a lot of room for indecision in Luka ball.

I root for Frankie Smokes, but I also rooted for Wright and Richardson. So can't say I love the fit here.

Seems pretty clear Dallas really needs the classic 3&D SG next to Luka and ideally one who can defend PG so Dorian isn't having to do it. Especially now that's he going to have spend the bulk of his minutes playing PF on offense. This is why they had chased Danny Green two years in a row I think.

I still don't know that we know if this is a gtd deal or just a camp deal, but assuming he makes the team and then assuming he ever cracks the rotation, I'd expect him to play with Brunson on the 2nd unit. Essentially he would need to beat out Sterling Brown and Josh Green for minutes.

Because the guys who have thrived with Luka are the guys who are always ready to shoot without hesi. Timmy, Dorian, Maxi, Curry previously. Even Trey Burke is decisive. Wright just had such an odd cadence to his game. Everything is on the down beat so to speak. Hurts him as a catch and shoot guy despite being a decent shooter. But really helps his penetration game because his cadence on the court is just unusual.

I expect Wright to be really good for the Hawks. Perfect pairing with Huerter on the 2nd unit, but also he can play on ball with Trae getting to slide off ball some and I think that's going to be effective for them and give them a guard who can help defensively. But when you play with Luka, he's gonna do the work to get you the shot--you just need to take it.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#56 » by Richard4444 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:25 pm

Frank can have plenty of minutes in Texas.

Dallas does not have a lot of wing depth. They have only Tim, Bullocks, Dorian, Josh Green and Sterling Brown as options.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#57 » by Spud2nique » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:26 pm

ACMFFL wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:The Mavs makin moves. :rock: Is this the biggest name added this offseason for them? He’s perfect for Luka as he isn’t good at offense at all so Luka can take his volume load as well on O. More stats for Luka.

Pardon?
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#58 » by ACMFFL » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:29 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
ACMFFL wrote:

Pardon?

You are just a childish hater. :oops:
That's it.

Ok that's enough of this interaction overall. Kindly avoid the name-calling/personal attacks.
-js21
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,311

Post#59 » by Infinite Llamas » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:30 pm

The official end of the Phil Jackson Knicks era
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Post#60 » by Scalabrine » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:32 pm

Dallas is pretty much stuck so it makes sense to see if they can squeeze some of Ntilikinas potential out. He's a great defensive player. Super long, moves his feet well, and knows how to position himself, but offensively he's just so awful that he's unplayable if he doesn't get better. He's not a bad shooter when he's left open actually, so there is something to build off of.

I like the move for Dallas and I'm rooting for Frank to find his place in the NBA. The tools are there he just has to put it together.
Go Knicks!

Return to The General Board