Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 4

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#981 » by gardenofsound » Wed Sep 8, 2021 3:22 am

Klutch is the Illuminati of the NBA. World Wide Wes has nothing on these guys.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,397

Post#982 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:13 pm

Dez wrote:Not every Klutch signing is a conspiracy.

No it is not. That being said they like high profile signings because that is good for future business. They got Ball where he was rumored to go for over 2 years. It’s a no brainer but still good optics for Klutch. Zach is getting the max and if they get him the biggest one in. Hicago which looks like a no brainer, once again good optics for recruiting future clients.
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#983 » by TheHrvReport » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:51 pm

You want to trade Coby for Marcus Morris....wut?
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#984 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:15 pm

TheHrvReport wrote:You want to trade Coby for Marcus Morris....wut?

Clippers turn us down flat.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#985 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:25 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
TheHrvReport wrote:You want to trade Coby for Marcus Morris....wut?

Clippers turn us down flat.

Thank ****!!!
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#986 » by sco » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:47 pm

See that HOU now is willing to trade Wall. LOL.
:clap:
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#987 » by petebraun0 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:59 pm

I just read the following: Chicago Bulls receive: Cam Reddish

Atlanta Hawks receive: Coby White

The Hawks may not have enough minutes on the wing to properly develop Cam Reddish. The Bulls may lack the backcourt chances and touches to bring Coby White along.

Could these two Eastern Conference clubs come together for a win-win swap?

I would not mind trading Coby for Jalen Johnson (this year's pick from Duke) or Reddish or any Hawks Wing. We love 6 6" guys. Would be nice to get someone healthy and ready to play right away for Coby. Any thoughts?
sco
RealGM

Post#988 » by sco » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:32 pm

petebraun0 wrote:I just read the following: Chicago Bulls receive: Cam Reddish

Atlanta Hawks receive: Coby White

The Hawks may not have enough minutes on the wing to properly develop Cam Reddish. The Bulls may lack the backcourt chances and touches to bring Coby White along.

Could these two Eastern Conference clubs come together for a win-win swap?

I would not mind trading Coby for Jalen Johnson (this year's pick from Duke) or Reddish or any Hawks Wing. We love 6 6" guys. Would be nice to get someone healthy and ready to play right away for Coby. Any thoughts?

Nobody is giving us squat for and injured Coby. Given our current team construction, unfortunately, we aren't deep at SG's who can shoot. Reddish's skillset is pretty similar to TBJ, so I don't know if I'd do this.

If by some chance Matt Thomas shows SG skills that match Coby, I'd rethink dumping Coby.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#989 » by d boy gentleman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:52 pm

sco wrote:
If by some chance Matt Thomas shows SG skills that match Coby, I'd rethink dumping Coby.

:crazy: :lol:
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#990 » by ChettheJet » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:21 pm

sco wrote:
petebraun0 wrote:I

If a camp invite shows skills that your former #7 draft picks does to the extent that you're willing to dump the pick, you're saying not only do the Bulls have substandard scouting and development but the other 29 teams have their heads up their rear ends. Reconsider what you're saying
sco
RealGM

Post#991 » by sco » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:44 pm

ChettheJet wrote:
sco wrote:

If a camp invite shows skills that your former #7 draft picks does to the extent that you're willing to dump the pick, you're saying not only do the Bulls have substandard scouting and development but the other 29 teams have their heads up their rear ends. Reconsider what you're saying

First, you do know that the current FO didn't draft Coby, right?

As to your other point, I'm fine giving Coby this year to show he's more than a catch-and-shoot guy, as last year's version of Coby was a poor defender and couldn't finish at the rim. If he is what he was, I'd trade him ASAP to try to get some value for a guy who, at that point, would be replaceable by any number of vet min guys. Making decisions based on whether a guy was a #7 or an undrafted guy would be just plain silly.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#992 » by erlim » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:16 pm

ChettheJet wrote:
sco wrote:

I mean, certainly Spencer Dimwiddie is better than Coby and he was a second round pick. Also, basketball reference says Dimwiddie never played for the bulls, am I crazy and that was just a fevered dream? https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dinwisp01.html
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#993 » by kodo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:50 pm

erlim wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:
sco wrote:

I mean, certainly Spencer Dimwiddie is better than Coby and he was a second round pick. Also, basketball reference says Dimwiddie never played for the bulls, am I crazy and that was just a fevered dream? https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dinwisp01.html

Dinwiddie was traded here and played on our SL squad, but I think he was dumped before the reg season games. Maybe to sign MCW.
Still just a bizarre decision because Dinwiddie looked great in SL.
Overall it netted out to be meaningless for Chicago since we gave up nothing for Dinwiddie (Bairstow). It was basically like finding a winning lottery ticket on the ground then losing it the next day.
tunit213
Senior
And1: 398

Post#994 » by tunit213 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:19 pm

[url]
Read on Twitter
?s=21[/url]

What do you guys make of Thad’s wife reply. A buyout coming from the Spurs that we don’t know about?

Wouldn’t that be an ultimate AK chess move lol
d boy gentleman
Analyst

Post#995 » by d boy gentleman » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:06 am

tunit213 wrote:[url]
Read on Twitter
?s=21[/url]

What do you guys make of Thad’s wife reply. A buyout coming from the Spurs that we don’t know about?

Well, he'd have to wait 60 or 90 days before that happens. It could also mean that "ya'll traded my husband, why would we want to come back to col @$$ Chicago?"
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
terry
Senior
And1: 268

Post#996 » by terry » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:07 am

d boy gentleman wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21[/url]

Well, he'd have to wait 60 or 90 days before that happens. It could also mean that "ya'll traded my husband, why would we want to come back to col @$$ Chicago?"

I feel like thats more of a “next year?” Like “were never coming back”.
d boy gentleman
Analyst

Post#997 » by d boy gentleman » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:02 am

terry wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21[/url]

I feel like thats more of a “next year?” Like “were never coming back”.

Pretty much...

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#998 » by Muzbar » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:45 am

erlim wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:
sco wrote:

June 17, 2016: Traded by the Detroit Pistons to the Chicago Bulls for Cameron Bairstow.

July 7, 2016: Waived by the Chicago Bulls.

July 28, 2016: Signed a contract with the Chicago Bulls

October 21, 2016: Waived by the Chicago Bulls.

2016-17 Season started October 25.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
terry
Senior
And1: 268

Post#999 » by terry » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:42 am

kodo wrote:
erlim wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:

Dinwiddie was traded here and played on our SL squad, but I think he was dumped before the reg season games. Maybe to sign MCW.
Overall it netted out to be meaningless for Chicago since we gave up nothing for Dinwiddie (Bairstow). It was basically like finding a winning lottery ticket on the ground then losing it the next day.

He also played 5 preseason games for the Bulls and that's exactly right. They waived him because we already had Rondo, Michael Carter Williams and Jerian Grant. So after being waived he then played for the Windy City Bulls.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#1000 » by erlim » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:23 am

terry wrote:
kodo wrote:
erlim wrote:

He also played 5 preseason games for the Bulls and that's exactly right. They waived him because we already had Rondo, Michael Carter Williams and Jerian Grant. So after being waived he then played for the Windy City Bulls.

Passing on Dimwiddie for MCW and Jerian Grant. That requires some vomit emojies in hindsight.

Return to Chicago Bulls