Around the League: Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,514

Re: Around the League: Offseason 

Post#1401 » by 76ciology » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:15 am

Hmm..

Dragic is a guy we should look to acquire. He’d be OK playing backcourt mate with Maxey off the bench.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1402 » by 76ciology » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:16 am

DCasey91 wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Longterm, I think Killian Hayes is a winning piece. But his jumpshot still appears to be a long ways away.

In the short term, not sure if the Sixers can afford to move a dribble-pass-shoot guy like Milton for another development guy they're waiting on a jumper from. It would be amazing, though, if we had both Hayes and Springer and both of them fully developed into complete players that can dribble-shoot-pass-defend. Championships!

Calling it now Hayes is going to be one of the big busts going that high.

Maledon was always the far superior talent/prospect from overseas (Parker’s protege kept under wraps in terms of playing time).

Watch Hayes he has NFI, that’s not good at all.

I mean Sexton is a way better player but he has the NFI syndrome to (loves to score and nothing else).

Yeah, I think Hayes is going to be a bust. My bad in having Hayes so high back then, was relying heavily on eyetest when the numbers was screaming the opposite direction.

With how bogus the game is played right now, if you’re as horrible as Hayes is, then you’re not NBA caliber player.

P.S. Pistons should have traded Hayes and drafted Cam
thomas to pair with Cunningham. Cam Thomas and Cunningham would have filled the biggest holes in building a modern NBA team, everything is easy after that.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#1403 » by DCasey91 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 8:34 am

I actually don’t the mind Dragic or Lowry as the conductor to our team. We need leadership and directionally at the front.

The money would be fine if not for the two overpays.

Yeah Pistons have a good thing going atm but good things don’t last long.

Cade
Grant
Bey
Stewart

Has nice potential going forward but a lot of teams have that kind of potential coming through.... we are in the bottom bracket atm with Maxey and cobwebs lmao.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#1404 » by Kobblehead » Mon Sep 6, 2021 11:52 am

76ciology wrote:Yeah, I think Hayes is going to be a bust. My bad in having Hayes so high back then, was relying heavily on eyetest when the numbers was screaming the opposite direction.

With how bogus the game is played right now, if you’re as horrible as Hayes is, then you’re not NBA caliber player.

Why are you so out on Hayes already?

He was only 19 years old last year. His dribble-pass-defend were all instant translators. The only thing he can't do is shoot. But he has elite free throw shooting percentages so that's not a longterm problem. The jumper will come. And then when that happens, he's a complete player with incredible size.

Unless he's a dweeb from the neck-up who busts intangibly, he's going to be fine IMO. If anything, now's the time to buy up more stock because everyone is bailing after the first impression.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1405 » by 76ciology » Mon Sep 6, 2021 2:33 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
76ciology wrote:Yeah, I think Hayes is going to be a bust. My bad in having Hayes so high back then, was relying heavily on eyetest when the numbers was screaming the opposite direction.

Why are you so out on Hayes already?

He was only 19 years old last year. His dribble-pass-defend were all instant translators. The only thing he can't do is shoot. But he has elite free throw shooting percentages so that's not a longterm problem. The jumper will come. And then when that happens, he's a complete player with incredible size.

Unless he's a dweeb from the neck-up who busts intangibly, he's going to be fine IMO. If anything, now's the time to buy up more stock because everyone is bailing after the first impression.

He is a straight line dribbler like Milton or DLo. That limits his ability to be a very good ISO player and you’re looking at likely a heavy 2 man game and pull up player. His best case for me right now is DLo. And the odds of him becoming DLo is like the odds of Ben becoming LeBron. :lol:

Like im not saying it’s impossible, but for me its a good bet to short his stock and just focus elsewhere. Specially that I expect Pistons to be less patient about him now that they have Cade.

I watched both guys play in SL. And seems to me Cade plays better without Hayes. Cade is better off playing lead guard role like Doncic and honestly looked average when he played with Hayes.

So for me, Hayes has to cross a lot of bridge to reach it’s upside while we may never see it with Pistons and Cade.

I expect Hayes to be traded actually, and like I said I would have easily traded him in last year’s draft while he still have value because of his upside. And if that move bite me in the future, I’ll live with it because I just see a lot of bridges he has to cross to get there and I’d rather bet on someone like Tre Mann, Bouknight, Bones Hyland, Sharife Cooper or my boy Cam Thomas :lol:
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1406 » by Kobblehead » Mon Sep 6, 2021 3:19 pm

I don't think anyone expected (or needs) Killian Hayes to be a go-to scoring option. He was a 16.8 ppg per-36 guy overseas. His game was always more in the Jason Kidd/Ricky Rubio range of being an elite defender with excellent size and playmaking. And his excellent free throw shooting alludes to eventual shooting upside.
Gavin_TDThree
Senior
And1: 578

Post#1407 » by Gavin_TDThree » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:00 am

What are you guys expecting out of Drummond this year?

cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#1408 » by cool93 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Gavin_TDThree wrote:What are you guys expecting out of Drummond this year?

Fully expect him to be terrible

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,440

Post#1409 » by Eyeamok » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:57 pm

Gavin_TDThree wrote:What are you guys expecting out of Drummond this year?

I'm just hoping he can hold things down when Embiid takes his games off. Just play at a high level when called on.

Oh by the way I don't believe any of these videos of players working on their shot, dribble or any aspect of their game. The only exception is Maxey what he works on in a video is actually what he does in a game.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#1410 » by Arsenal » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:59 pm

76ciology wrote:Hmm..

Dragic is a guy we should look to acquire. He’d be OK playing backcourt mate with Maxey off the bench.

I'd like to have him, but isn't he locked in on Dallas to play with his boy Luka?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1411 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:34 pm

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:Hmm..

I'd like to have him, but isn't he locked in on Dallas to play with his boy Luka?

Didnt know about that.

Read on Twitter

Looks like ur right there
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1412 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Im halfway and havent finished this episode. But man this one’s so funny :lol:
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,736

Post#1413 » by phillynative » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:09 am

What about Tyreke Evans? Any updates on his reinstatement? lol
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1414 » by 76ciology » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:59 am

phillynative wrote:What about Tyrese Evans? Any updates on his reinstatement? lol

LOL

I believe it was around 2017-2018 season where I was telling the board that we should try to add him. But he fall of the cliff after that.

I still think there’s a chance he still can play though. But more of a back-up microwave scorer.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#1415 » by phillynative » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:32 am

76ciology wrote:
phillynative wrote:What about Tyrese Evans? Any updates on his reinstatement? lol

LOL

I believe it was around 2017-2018 season where I was telling the board that we should try to add him. But he fall of the cliff after that.

I still think there’s a chance he still can play though. But more of a back-up microwave scorer.

You know he really got banned though right?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1416 » by 76ciology » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:41 am

phillynative wrote:
76ciology wrote:

LOL

I thought its up already. Hahaha
phillynative
General Manager

Post#1417 » by phillynative » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:20 pm

76ciology wrote:
phillynative wrote:
76ciology wrote:
LOL

I thought its up already. Hahaha

Yea he's eligible to apply for reinstatement this season. Not sure if that's the route he's going to take though.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1418 » by Kobblehead » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Man, Tyreke was a brain away from being a hall of famer.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1419 » by 76ciology » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:12 am

Read on Twitter

One of the reason why you dont draft just a good player with a top pick (most of these guys are bigs drafted with a top 3-5 pick), specially with a role playing big like JJ. We saw it with Ben. And you’ll see it with Wiseman, Evan Mobley and probably Ayton. At some point you just have to overpay him with a max extension.

Then once you reach a certain level with your cap, you have to compete. And when you compete, the value of your draft picks decline. And your team’s total upside caps out.

In the next life, if we draft a player and he doesnt look like a max level type player. We have to trade him.

Think about it. We probably would have a championship ring already if only we traded Ben for Kawhi.

And we here talking about trading him for Dejounte Murray. :lol:
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1420 » by Kobblehead » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:51 pm

If it's 4 years and $100m, I don't think that's bad at all. That's only about $25m per year. Those contracts are extremely moveable.

What breaks the league is the second extension these guys are eligible for. Look at the Gobert thing. That basically ruins the Jazz for the next decade. The supermax is the problem. That needs to be abolished asap. Nobody should be making $40m+ in a salary cap league.

That's 80% of the reason I'm against the Lillard trade interest that Daryl has. That albatross contract of his. Him being an old munchkin is just 20% of the problem. I'd take an old munchkin on a $30m contract.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers