ImageImageImage

Targets For The $10.6 Million TPE

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Targets For The $10.6 Million TPE 

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:47 pm

Who do you think the team should target with the $10.6 million TPE?

I like Monrezl Harrell, Kyle Anderson, and Jeremy Lamb. I know there are others that would be good fits too, but those are the "most realistic" given their situations.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: Targets For The $10.6 Million TPE 

Post#2 » by ejs78 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:57 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:Who do you think the team should target with the $10.6 million TPE?

I like Monrezl Harrell, Kyle Anderson, and Jeremy Lamb. I know there are others that would be good fits too, but those are the "most realistic" given their situations.
Would love to get SloMo

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#3 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:48 pm

Dillon Brooks
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:20 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Dillon Brooks

He's too expensive to fit under the TPE.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:36 pm

We have to find a way to sign him
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#6 » by SOUNDCHASER » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:43 pm

Sf with Brooks would be sweet but he may cost mucho grande especially if he plays well at the seasons start.

SF IS THE WEAKEST LINK NOW SO THAT IS WHAT WE NEED I JUST WANT BETTER TALENT
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#7 » by Darren » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:53 pm

The Mavs is too deep but technically without much versatility. Too many redundant player on roster. The Mavs should make moves to clear the jam. The Mavs just need a Maxi two years ago, a Kawhi-like defender with decent offensive skills and a young Barea-lite and a young Dirk with shot-blocking instant. That's mean the Mavs need 4 more starters which is easily unavailable at 10.5M contract. Meanwhile, the redundant players (Hardaway-Bullock, Brunson-Burke, Powell-WCS) will only create locker room problem and on-court deficiency. I'd rather keep Ntilikina and play more Green.

Had it not been for RC, Green should have played a lot on court. Among the list, only the PF makes sense. Technically, the Mavs has way too many C without true PF other than Doncic. That's the source of dysfuncationing last season.

KP, Kleber, Powell, Boban, WCS...are indeed C. DFS can't guard random big. Doncic is actually the only suitable PF on roster. Kleber regressed a lot defensively. Clearly, Maxi suits 5 much more than 4. After all offseason moves, the problem remains.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#8 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:51 pm

Clearly Green has skills and is athletic enough to play in this league. Hopefully his having a new coach is going to inspire him to be a better player and light a fire in him to play harder and get his game to the next level so we can use him in the rotation as a SF, I would love for him to develop and become worthy of playing for us.

That being said we are gambling on him doing well by keeping him on the team so he has to do things now not half way into the season. Preseason is going to be very important for the younger members of the team since they will need to rise above the level they played at in the past just to impress our new coaching staff.

If we assume that Green turns out to be a real deal instead of a wannabe then we have the ability to just use him and DFS at SF and can use THJ and Bullock at the 2 with Brown as a 3rd option. Frank then gets looked at as a defender who is starting to improve his shooting touch and can be considered as an option at the 2 or even as a PG if he has those skills developed enough to play that position.

Clearly Luka is the PG who can play 1 through 4 if needs arise on defense but the thing we need is a better option behind him because Brunson is a good player when he creates but he is just not quick enough to stop the other teams waterbugs on D. Hopefully Frank is an option at PG for guarding them. Burke has zero defensive skill if you ask me.

With Kidd being more defensive focused I expect these players to benefit under his coaching:

All 3 new vets,

Green,

the 2 way guys

and our 2 stars will of course be more encouraged to play harder on both sides of the court.

This means that THJ is going to be trade bait if he cannot learn to defend better because if Brown and Billock out play him on D while making less money and they shoot as well from 3 I would expect him to be gone by the TDL so he has a fire under his ass if his money is not inspiring him to relax to much he will recognize he has to earn that money and defend now.

Brunson should become trade bait as well if he does not significantly improve on D.

Burke may be odd man out on the final cut. Especially if Frank shows he can defend the waterbugs better and cover some aspects of performing as a back up PG.

Powell is trade bait along with WCS.

Kleber at least can shoot as a stretch 4 well enough to be kept on and used to do dirty work but his rebounding efforts are weak.

DFS is a hard working defender so he should be able to transition to our new system under coach Kidd.

Boban is what he is and that is an unmoveable force that will always be an old school throwback to how centers used to play the game.

Brown is what gives me hope because he gives us an athletic center that can run the court well and rebound with tenacity as he scores in unusual situations out of the blue. His performance as a break out player for OKC was impressive enough to pencil him in as a potential starter for us this season. With Luka he can expect plenty of easy baskets if he is able to gain position against smaller players which since he is 7'2" means nearly anyone he jockeys with is smaller. This is going to be a fun season to watch if we get to see real NBA games again because the stupid covid BS is really pissing me off and I am going to be very upset if live crowds are not the norm soon.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,902

Post#9 » by HMFFL » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:11 pm

^

I hope Jason Kidd plays out young talent and any rookies more minutes. We need to see how they'll fair so our front office can make better decision. As for now, our previous front office became to comfortable, and did a pathetic job at drafting.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,040

Post#10 » by Mavrelous » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:00 pm

My dream scenario for TPE, is it being used on Cedi Ossman in a Sexton trade, Mavs take on Cedi's salary as an "asset" to add in this trade.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#11 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:37 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:Who do you think the team should target with the $10.6 million TPE?

Explain to me exactly how this TPE works. Is that basically like having $10.6M in cap space? Can you sign more than 1 player into that slot? Can you also trade for a player who’s salary fits into that slot? Can you go over if it’s a small amount?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#12 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:50 pm

Darren wrote:The Mavs is too deep but technically without much versatility. Too many redundant player on roster. The Mavs should make moves to clear the jam. The Mavs just need a Maxi two years ago, a Kawhi-like defender with decent offensive skills and a young Barea-lite and a young Dirk with shot-blocking instant. That's mean the Mavs need 4 more starters which is easily unavailable at 10.5M contract. Meanwhile, the redundant players (Hardaway-Bullock, Brunson-Burke, Powell-WCS) will only create locker room problem and on-court deficiency. I'd rather keep Ntilikina and play more Green.

Had it not been for RC, Green should have played a lot on court. Among the list, only the PF makes sense. Technically, the Mavs has way too many C without true PF other than Doncic. That's the source of dysfuncationing last season.

KP, Kleber, Powell, Boban, WCS...are indeed C. DFS can't guard random big. Doncic is actually the only suitable PF on roster. Kleber regressed a lot defensively. Clearly, Maxi suits 5 much more than 4. After all offseason moves, the problem remains.

I’m hoping to see Green and Eugene Omoruyi get some quality minutes this season at some point. Doesn’t have to be a lot of minutes but just important minutes. I don’t want to see them getting only garbage minutes.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:38 pm

Mr B wrote:

Explain to me exactly how this TPE works. Is that basically like having $10.6M in cap space? Can you sign more than 1 player into that slot? Can you also trade for a player who’s salary fits into that slot? Can you go over if it’s a small amount?

Can't go over. It's like having cap space, but you can't sign someone using that space, it has to be a trade. You can split the TPE into multiple players though, like the MLE. So if the Mavs use $5 million against the TPE, they'd still have $5.6 million remaining. But again, remember, they cannot go over the full value of the TPE, even if it is a little amount. They're very strict on that.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:40 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:We have to find a way to sign him

They could do that if they trade for someone like Jeremy Lamb, then wait to make a 2nd trade where they trade send Lamb to Memphis for Dillon Brooks.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:42 pm

HMFFL wrote:^

I hope Jason Kidd plays out young talent and any rookies more minutes. We need to see how they'll fair so our front office can make better decision. As for now, our previous front office became to comfortable, and did a pathetic job at drafting.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

There were some good picks here and there though. Dirk, Najera, Devin Harris, Josh Howard, Crowder, Luka, and Brunson.
But yeah, they whiffed a lot, or just traded away the picks because they didn't value them.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:42 pm

But yeah, the TPE won't be used now. It might be used closer to the trade deadline.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:35 am

Montrezl Harrell and Jeremy Lamb would be cool gets for sure.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:11 am

HairyGOATee wrote:Montrezl Harrell and Jeremy Lamb would be cool gets for sure.

No more scrubs please...
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:00 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:

No more scrubs please...

The team's not gonna get a superstar for a $10.6 million TPE, lol.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,929

Post#20 » by Apz » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:44 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

No more scrubs please...

The team's not gonna get a superstar for a $10.6 million TPE, lol.

Rather let the tpe expire then pick up crap. We dont have roster spots as it is

Return to Dallas Mavericks