ImageImageImage

Official Anthony Edwards Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 570

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#1261 » by TwolvesFanRome » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:58 am

After one year of games and after this news about his growth...I'm asking you: what is your personal comparison (best & worst) for our wonderboy???
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#1262 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:36 am

TwolvesFanRome wrote:After one year of games and after this news about his growth...I'm asking you: what is your personal comparison (best & worst) for our wonderboy???

At worst smth like say prime Oladipo? At best Donovan Mitchell with 5 more inches of height, which IMO basically means he can be 2nd best SG ever after MJ, or DWade/Kobe tier.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#1263 » by Slim Tubby » Mon Sep 6, 2021 6:09 pm

MN7725 wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:Guys, anybody secretly hoping that Edwards can explode to be like a top 10-15 player next season, and a legit MVP candidate in the near future? I'm actually super-excited to watch how good Ant will be, the season can't begin soon enough!

It's so tough to get to that level
even if he did what he did last quarter of the season all year long

23 PPG
47% FG
36% 3pt
5 FTA/G
5 RPG
4 APG

still wouldn't be at that the All-NBA level player unless he was considered a legit two-way player

I'm just hoping for next season he can get his FTA way up from both getting more respect and recognition from refs, and also how to sell it better, how to bait opponents

if he can start getting 8+ FTA a game, then his efficiency, TS% will be at a level where he has a chance to an All-Star, All-NBA level guy

You make some excellent points. Last year, I felt he easily deserved to have 4-6 more FT attempts per game but received zero respect from the refs.

As he becomes more established in the league, I expect him to start getting those calls with how often he attacks the rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#1264 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Mon Sep 6, 2021 8:47 pm

Ant can’t even drink legally in the country.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#1265 » by Dewey » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:36 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
MN7725 wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:Guys, anybody secretly hoping that Edwards can explode to be like a top 10-15 player next season, and a legit MVP candidate in the near future? I'm actually super-excited to watch how good Ant will be, the season can't begin soon enough!

It's so tough to get to that level
even if he did what he did last quarter of the season all year long

23 PPG
47% FG
36% 3pt
5 FTA/G
5 RPG
4 APG

still wouldn't be at that the All-NBA level player unless he was considered a legit two-way player

I'm just hoping for next season he can get his FTA way up from both getting more respect and recognition from refs, and also how to sell it better, how to bait opponents

if he can start getting 8+ FTA a game, then his efficiency, TS% will be at a level where he has a chance to an All-Star, All-NBA level guy

You make some excellent points. Last year, I felt he easily deserved to have 4-6 more FT attempts per game but received zero respect from the refs.

As he becomes more established in the league, I expect him to start getting those calls with how often he attacks the rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Ant was in LA he likely woulda had at least 3-4 more free-throws per game… this is MN, and I’m not certain it will change much for him. I’m just glad to have a player with this potential on the roster for the time being.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#1266 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Sep 6, 2021 11:04 pm

Man, all I want out of Ant this season is to become, at the very least, an above average defender. That is a legitimate x-factor for Minnesota's success regardless of if a Simmons trade happens.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,914

Post#1267 » by Klomp » Tue Sep 7, 2021 12:08 pm

My feelings all offseason have been that if the Timberwolves have one all-star this season, it will be Edwards.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 570

Post#1268 » by TwolvesFanRome » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:09 pm

TwolvesFanRome wrote:After one year of games and after this news about his growth...I'm asking you: what is your personal comparison (best & worst) for our wonderboy???

Is there anyone else who wants to give me an opinion? I'm not asking for fun. But as I live in Rome I can't see all my Wolves' matches, on the contrary ... during the year I will be able to see about 10 no more. Then I have to settle for the Highlights unfortunately ... and your opinions would make me really happy to have a clearer idea. :roll:
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1269 » by Klomp » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:21 pm

I love his (American) football background, because it seems to correlate to how he plays basketball. He's so aggressive when he attacks the rim, it's scary. That was one of the things that could be frustrating at times about LaVine, is most of his dunks were on fast breaks or with clear lanes. Didn't have many posters like Edwards has. Even watching Edwards sometimes on fast breaks it's evident he understands the importance of spacing, another thing football can teach.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#1270 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 7, 2021 3:17 pm

TwolvesFanRome wrote:

Is there anyone else who wants to give me an opinion? I'm not asking for fun. But as I live in Rome I can't see all my Wolves' matches, on the contrary ... during the year I will be able to see about 10 no more. Then I have to settle for the Highlights unfortunately ... and your opinions would make me really happy to have a clearer idea. :roll:

A skies the limit comparison is Dwyane Wade. I see similarities for sure. Ant needs to learn how to play defense how Wade did.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1271 » by Klomp » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:49 pm

Read on Twitter

D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#1272 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:18 pm

Impressive. Talented individual. I used to bowl beer league 10 years ago and my best is 256.

Anything over 210 and I felt good. About 180-190 avg

Anything under 150 and it was too many shots in between games
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1273 » by Klomp » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:30 pm

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Post#1274 » by Note30 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:28 pm

Klomp wrote:

Probably the one thing in super excited about this season is seeing if he can become our generation ally talented superstar
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#1275 » by moonpie » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:20 am

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1276 » by Klomp » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:22 pm

What gets me in every highlight video I watch of him is his acceleration. That acceleration combined with his explosiveness at the rim is special.

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#1277 » by KGdaBom » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Klomp wrote:What gets me in every highlight video I watch of him is his acceleration. That acceleration combined with his explosiveness at the rim is special.

Yet he's one of our less efficient players at the rim according to stats somebody posted here. It's coming though.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1278 » by Klomp » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:25 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:What gets me in every highlight video I watch of him is his acceleration. That acceleration combined with his explosiveness at the rim is special.

Yet he's one of our less efficient players at the rim according to stats somebody posted here. It's coming though.

There were a lot of times especially early he was getting a rookie whistle. That should change. And guys were less willing to challenge at the rim late in the season as they were early.

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#1279 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:50 am

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

There were a lot of times especially early he was getting a rookie whistle. That should change. And guys were less willing to challenge at the rim late in the season as they were early.

If memory serves me right someone put a thread together of noteworthy no calls on poor Ant at some point on the Twitter. I’d have to look for it though.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,325

Post#1280 » by Calinks » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:10 am

Klomp wrote:

Well... it aint no Fitbit which was an elite sponsor but at least it looks fine on the uniform. Never forget.

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves