Why isn't CP3 and bridges 4 Simmons a no Brainer for both Sides?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Why isn't CP3 and bridges 4 Simmons a no Brainer for both Sides? 

Post#1 » by Coeur » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:09 am

76rs: CP3 and bridges

Suns: simmons

Suns putting simmons with booker for 10 years is perennial top 4 wc teams

76rs: is there any more win now than cp3, and bridges now and long term filler

Cp3, Thybulle, curry, Bridges, TOBI. There's most of a squad built around Embiid almost perfectly
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,271

Re: Why isn't CP3 and bridges a no Brainer for both Sides? 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:10 am

paul just signed an extension so he cant be traded for 6 mths
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,910

Re: Why isn't CP3 and bridges 4 Simmons a no Brainer for both Sides? 

Post#3 » by Fo-Real » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:18 am

Booker stole Simmons girl.... bad pairing fam!!!
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,924

Post#4 » by zimpy27 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:23 am

I think Phoenix would be more keen to trade Ayton+Crowder+Saric for Simmons+Reed

The value is there but would need a third team wanting Ayton
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#5 » by HornetJail » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:31 am

zimpy27 wrote:I think Phoenix would be more keen to trade Ayton+Crowder+Saric for Simmons+Reed

I wonder if Charlotte could appease Philly enough.

PHI - Simmons, salary for Hayward, Washington, Jones, Crowder, picks?
PHX - Ayton, Saric, Crowder for Simmons, Reed
CHA - Hayward, PJ, Kai, pick(s)? for Ayton, Saric, salary from PHI

This is probably a precursor to another trade where some combo of PJ, Kai, Maxey, Thybulle, Springer, own picks, picks from Charlotte get sent out with some salary for a legitimate answer at PG. The 3-5 of Philly is definitely set between Embiid, Hayward, Harris, Crowder, just figure out the guard situation with all those assets.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Jay_Sizzle
Senior
And1: 527

Post#6 » by Jay_Sizzle » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:47 am

Suns are going to run back the young team that made the finals. Additionally, the run Ayton + 4 shooters, making Ben Simmons a complete non-fit.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
SharpyShuffle
Junior
And1: 579

Post#7 » by SharpyShuffle » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:49 am

Coeur wrote:76rs: CP3 and bridges

Cp3, Thybulle, curry, Bridges, TOBI. There's most of a squad built around Embiid almost perfectly

This is not a pair that leads to contending and I think Suns management probably know this. The Suns have a good thing going and won't blow it up and trade their cultural leader for a guy with the exact opposite attitude.

The answer to a lot of these "why not _____ for Simmoms?" ideas is that Simmons is not very valuable. He is paid like a top 20 player, has a huge number of question marks over his skill set and mentality, and has just as much - if not more - potential to be a toxic disease than he does to make a leap and become a real top 20 star.

Like I see people suggesting things like Brown for Simmons lately, which is insane unless Philly attach a lot of extra value. The league has already shown how they value Simmons - he's worth a couple of good role players, or a slightly overpaid fringe all star. Maybe a pick too. He's not worth CP3 and Bridges.

The team that signs Simmons will be a desperate one gambling on him making that leap. The Suns are not desperate
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#8 » by Crives » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:49 am

Well Bridges alone is better then Simmons, it’s a no brainer, no from phx.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,924

Post#9 » by zimpy27 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:56 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:I think Phoenix would be more keen to trade Ayton+Crowder+Saric for Simmons+Reed

I wonder if Charlotte could appease Philly enough.

PHI - Simmons, salary for Hayward, Washington, Jones, Crowder, picks?
PHX - Ayton, Saric, Crowder for Simmons, Reed
CHA - Hayward, PJ, Kai, pick(s)? for Ayton, Saric, salary from PHI

This is probably a precursor to another trade where some combo of PJ, Kai, Maxey, Thybulle, Springer, own picks, picks from Charlotte get sent out with some salary for a legitimate answer at PG. The 3-5 of Philly is definitely set between Embiid, Hayward, Harris, Crowder, just figure out the guard situation with all those assets.

Philly would rather be after one big piece I imagine.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by Coeur » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:56 am

Crives wrote:Well Bridges alone is better then Simmons, it’s a no brainer, no from phx.

The phoenix suns are the Bengals of the nba if they believe that.

Simmons is a level up from Bridges if youre not wearing homer goggles. I think Aytons at and going to play above the bridges level too. Swapping simmons into cp3 pay slot and aytons into bridges is way better financial balance for phoenix in addition to on court.

Respectfully strongly disagree and claims you are wearing pueple and orange goggles
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#11 » by Crives » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:11 am

Coeur wrote:
Crives wrote:Well Bridges alone is better then Simmons, it’s a no brainer, no from phx.

Simmons is a level up from Bridges if youre not wearing homer goggles. I think Aytons at and going to play above the bridges level too. Swapping simmons into cp3 pay slot and aytons into bridges is way better financial balance for phoenix in addition to on court.

Respectfully strongly disagree and claims you are wearing pueple and orange goggles

If you think I’m just being a homer, search for a GB poll where most voted Bridges above Simmons.

Bridges is a complete player, elite defense, shooting and finishing.

Defense:
Ben is more versatile with his strength, but I don’t think gap between the two is that much

Shooting:
Bridges is an elite 3pt and mid range shooter, Simmons is….

Finishing:
I give slight edge to Mikal, pretty close here.

Health:
Mikal has never missed a game since high school. Simmons has some scary injuries in his past

Team Chemistry:
Bridges is a beloved teammate. Ben looks to be a cancer, and has an agent every team outside of LA and NY hates.

Contract:
Ben has a 170m contract. Bridges is likely signing in the 90m to 100m range.

Work Ethic:
Bridges is always in the gym, very coachable and constantly improving. Ben still can’t hit a free throw or attempt a three
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,271

Post#12 » by babyjax13 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:53 am

Coeur wrote:

Paul is better, and Bridges might be too if he scores a bit more on the same efficiency. Even if he's not, he at least fits with Ayton.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by Coeur » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:26 am

Crives wrote:
Coeur wrote:

If you think I’m just being a homer, search for a GB poll where most voted Bridges above Simmons.

Defense:
Ben is more versatile with his strength, but I don’t think gap between the two is that much

Shooting:

Finishing:

Health:
Mikal has never missed a game since high school. Simmons has some scary injuries in his past

Team Chemistry:
Bridges is a beloved teammate. Ben looks to be a cancer, and has an agent every team outside of LA and NY hates.

Contract:

Work Ethic:
Bridges is always in the gym, very coachable and constantly improving. Ben still can’t hit a free throw or attempt a three

Defense and finishing bigger edge for simmons than you gave on both. Finishing I think seen as close only right now because of over weighting of 1 specific play in all minds

I see getting out of year 2 and 3 of cp3 as a possible win in itself for phoeniz and think they can get most of the 4th guy shooter value phoenix gets out of bridges from cam johnson pr someone for half the price of bridges

Ultimate suns win deal imo then

Cp3 and bridges for simmons and thybulle ?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,051

Post#14 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:22 am

Simmons is a top 30 player Bridges is not.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,797

Post#15 » by Saberestar » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:08 am

Coeur wrote:76rs: CP3 and bridges

I do not think the Suns would trade CP3 for Simmons alone and do you think that is fair to trade CP3 AND Mikal Bridges (both) for Simmons?

Yeah, no way the Suns even think about it.

Obviously the Sixers would say yes please and they would be favorites to win the East. That trade would be crazy good for them.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#16 » by Resistance » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:11 am

Embiid is capable of stepping out and shooting from distance while Ayton needs to be closer to the basket.

Simmons + Ayton could be less than optimal on offense.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,797

Post#17 » by Saberestar » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:16 am

Coeur wrote:
Crives wrote:
Coeur wrote:The phoenix suns are the Bengals of the nba if they believe that.

Defense:

Shooting:

Finishing:

Health:

Team Chemistry:

Contract:

Work Ethic:

Defense and finishing bigger edge for simmons than you gave on both. Finishing I think seen as close only right now because of over weighting of 1 specific play in all minds

I see getting out of year 2 and 3 of cp3 as a possible win in itself for phoeniz and think they can get most of the 4th guy shooter value phoenix gets out of bridges from cam johnson pr someone for half the price of bridges

Ultimate suns win deal imo then

Cp3 and bridges for simmons and thybulle ?

CP3 is an All-NBA second team in the NBA right now and he is not slowing down. Have you seen his games in preseason? He was TOYING with the Lakers.

His contract is nice for the Suns, no way he has any negative value.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#18 » by slos » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:34 am

I wouldn’t touch any of Booker/Bridges/Ayton for Simmons if I where Phoenix. CP3 + Crowder + Smith + picks for Simmons + filler would be my limit.

Simmons/Booker/Bridges/Johnson/Ayton would be fun and Suns still keep Payne/Payton/Shamet/Hutchinson/Nader/Kaminsky/McGee for their depth. I guess that’s the “no brainer” from their part.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,910

Post#19 » by Fo-Real » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:10 pm

Now, if you are talking about Ayton+Bridges + for Embiid, and making Philly Bens team, then the Suns would consider.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,309

Post#20 » by hugepatsfan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:21 pm

Because it's an insanely slanted in PHI's favor proposal. CP3 is a better player now and also giving up Bridges makes this a huge step back for them in the short term. You don't severely weaken a contending team for what might make you better 2-3 years from now when it's already proven that Simmons can't be a #2.

Return to Trades and Transactions