Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will Houston Rockets produce another title contender within next 4 years?

Yes, I like their young talent and how they rebuilt their team
38%
No, their talent is overrated and are going to be terrible for next 3 years
62%

Total votes: 66

LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,882

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#41 » by LarsV8 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:31 am

Meh, I withhold judgement.

We really need to tank for the next two years and land two of Bates, Holmgrem, Banchero, Wembanyama, Lively, Duren or Hardy.

That will lead into an offseason with significant capspace, something like 70+ million, where the Rockets can really set themselves up to be awesome for a decade.

A nets implosions would be a perfect storm scenario, but things looking good right now!
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,689

Post#42 » by Johnny Firpo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:33 am

stormi wrote:One shortened pandemic seasons worth of suffer was all it took for the Rockets to transition from elite generational franchise pillar superstar James Harden to another young dynamic guard in Jalen Green with all world potential.

Fans are super lucky.

I agree, love Green's potential. If he turns out to be a top player, they will be kind of lucky as we were, basically instantly replacing Dirk with another generational talent.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,689

Post#43 » by Johnny Firpo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:35 am

LarsV8 wrote:Meh, I withhold judgement.

We really need to tank for the next two years and land two of Bates, Holmgrem, Banchero, Wembanyama, Lively, Duren or Hardy.

I also agree with this. Where he might have effed up with Luka is that we became too good too early, similarly to how the Pelicans did with Davis, and as a result, we really have no premier talent outside of Doncic. If you can be bad for another year or two, that could make a huge difference down the road, and the roster is actually shaped up for that quite nicely. I think the Rockets will have another top 4 pick, in a very strong upcoming draft (or at least they will be among the four teams with the best chance).
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#44 » by DroseReturnChi » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:46 am

rockets have a lot of talent but i question top tier talent as in superstars. might have to make consolidation move.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#45 » by slicedbread2 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:38 am

LarsV8 wrote:Meh, I withhold judgement.

That will lead into an offseason with significant capspace, something like 70+ million, where the Rockets can really set themselves up to be awesome for a decade.

A nets implosions would be a perfect storm scenario, but things looking good right now!

You gotta admit though that Stone given the hand he's been dealt with has done well to weather the storm.

My main concern is the owner. The guy is a combo of the worse traits of Sarver and Dolan. If he stays the heck out of the way and just lets Gordon and Wall's deals expire w/o trying to engage in short term moves that become disasters a la the CP3 deal then things could be different. Gordon can still be moved for decent value if his body can hold up whereas Wall is a sunk cost and if they can reach a buyout deal in the final year where he gives up some money a la Blake and Kemba it'd be the best scenario.

They need at least 3-4 years before true judgment can be made.

Return to The General Board