Jerami Grant & Saddiq Bey
42%

Total votes: 33

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

If You Had to Choose: Kyrie for... 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:18 pm

First, let me state the obvious. Irving ***might*** decide to get the vaccine today, and our self-inflicted distraction to contending instantly vanishes. HOWEVER, for the purpose of this thread, let's presume he intends to remain unvaccinated for the season. In that scenario, we're better off moving him for concrete contributors, and he's better off going to a place where he can play.

Philadelphia and to me to be Kyrie's most sensible destination, both due to the proximity and their aspirations. However, I disagree that Simmons is a great fit here. If we had to take him, that's OK, but Ben has mentioned he wants to operate as a lead playmaker, with the ball primarily in his hands. That won't happen here. So, I've created a few 3-way deals, based on these two assumptions and the leaked list of suitors.

Which return would you prefer, and why?

1) w/ Detroit - we get Grant/Bey

2) w/ Indiana - we get Turner/Duarte

3) w/ San Antonio - we get White/Vassell
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: If You Had to Choose: Kyrie for... 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:33 pm

none, those are all horrific trades i wouldnt make even if kyrie plays 0 games this year.

unless its someone like kawhi or curry we are better off on taking chances kyrie will play for the nets at some point again
haosmoove
Junior
And1: 221

Post#3 » by haosmoove » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:55 pm

I like all three actually.

White/Vassell gives us great guard depth.
Turner is the much needed rim protector/outside shooter big.
Grant is a great 2 way Forward that pairs well with KD.

Yes, they are 50 cents on a dollar but Kyrie is already damaged good and may never get back to full trade value. Also I am not taking a chance on Kyrie with our championship on the line. The window can be slammed shut if we don't make a move, don't win, and Harden bails.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#4 » by Prokorov » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:22 pm

haosmoove wrote:I like all three actually.

Yes, they are 50 cents on a dollar but Kyrie is already damaged good and may never get back to full trade value. Also I am not taking a chance on Kyrie with our championship on the line. The window can be slammed shut if we don't make a move, don't win, and Harden bails.

you trade Kyrie for any of those packages and you reduce our chances this year and make it much more likely harden doesnt re-sign and that KD demands a trade.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#5 » by NetsWorld » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:39 pm

None, I say you wait until next off season and determine if you trade him or not. With Levine going on the market and KAT not being thrilled with Minny, that opens up possibilities for Brooklyn to sign or trade for another star player to replace him. Teams always find ways to get out of a hole. If Harden opts out(most likely), I don't see the Nets wanting Ky back so either he opts out or they trade him. I see KD, Harden and a third star. It could be KAT, Lillard or Lavine. I think the Nets are done with Ky.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,441

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:

you trade Kyrie for any of those packages and you reduce our chances this year and make it much more likely harden doesnt re-sign and that KD demands a trade.

You think that all of this is happening without KD's blessing?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#7 » by NetsWorld » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

You think that all of this is happening without KD's blessing?

For sure, KD won't allow us to settle..... But he will approve a trade for another star, ala Lillard, Lavine or KAT. And I am not against replacing Kyrie with any of these three.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#8 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:02 pm

If you make a 2 for 1 deal, we have to cut somebody to make the trade. That needs to be factored in. I don't love any of the deals. I guess the best in terms of fit is the one that returns White.

The team that feels like the best suitor for Kyrie is NOLA. They have a GM that was in Cleveland with Kyrie, and are looking to take a step forward. SAS is probably ok with Pop there, but with him likely eyeing retirement, it may not be wise to bring in a non-conforming superstar.

To me a fair trade, given depreciated value for Kyrie's situation, would be Brandon Ingram for Kyrie more or less straight up. NOLA probably doesn't do it, but Kyrie is definitely better than Ingram when healthy & engaged. He plays a position of huge need for them, and would push them into the playoff picture. For the Nets, the drop off isn't huge Ingram provides versatility as a secondary creator & some level of KD insurance on rest days.

Another slight downgrade type of deal is Jrue for Kyrie. Much like a Simmons hypothetical, I just don't see the Nets dealing Kyrie to a conference playoff rival. You don't want to have to worry about him in a playoff series.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#9 » by Prokorov » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:37 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:If you make a 2 for 1 deal, we have to cut somebody to make the trade. That needs to be factored in. I don't love any of the deals. I guess the best in terms of fit is the one that returns White.

The team that feels like the best suitor for Kyrie is NOLA. They have a GM that was in Cleveland with Kyrie, and are looking to take a step forward. SAS is probably ok with Pop there, but with him likely eyeing retirement, it may not be wise to bring in a non-conforming superstar.

To me a fair trade, given depreciated value for Kyrie's situation, would be Brandon Ingram for Kyrie more or less straight up. NOLA probably doesn't do it, but Kyrie is definitely better than Ingram when healthy & engaged. He plays a position of huge need for them, and would push them into the playoff picture. For the Nets, the drop off isn't huge Ingram provides versatility as a secondary creator & some level of KD insurance on rest days.

Another slight downgrade type of deal is Jrue for Kyrie. Much like a Simmons hypothetical, I just don't see the Nets dealing Kyrie to a conference playoff rival. You don't want to have to worry about him in a playoff series.

Ingram is more something that i think makes sense, with NOLA adding picks.

but again, thats off their timeline.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#10 » by Gooner » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:42 am

Prokorov wrote:

KD's comments on Kyrie show distancing, and it's no surprise, he was never a loyal person. Harden wouldn't have to share the ball with Kyrie anymore, it might actually help to sign him on a new deal. Harden loves his stats. If Kyrie doesn't get vaccinated, which he won't, he will be traded with the blessing of KD. The best thing Kyrie can do right now is to be cooperative, raise his trade value and find himself a good team to be traded to.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:06 pm

Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

KD's comments on Kyrie show distancing, and it's no surprise, he was never a loyal person. Harden wouldn't have to share the ball with Kyrie anymore, it might actually help to sign him on a new deal. Harden loves his stats. If Kyrie doesn't get vaccinated, which he won't, he will be traded with the blessing of KD. The best thing Kyrie can do right now is to be cooperative, raise his trade value and find himself a good team to be traded to.

None of what you said is even close to the truth or based in facts... specifically the "harden loves his stats/wants more shots" nonsense.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Gooner » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

None of what you said is even close to the truth or based in facts... specifically the "harden loves his stats/wants more shots" nonsense.

Harden is known for high usage rate, he is the first in the NBA in that category i nrecent years. He dribbled the air out of the ball in houston and shot as many double stepback 3 pointers as he wanted. KD will quit on Kyrie just watch. I genuinely think he is mad at him because he is not listening to him. Insecure people are like that. I bet you he is watching these shows every day hoping for someone to say something good about him. And then you have burner accounts, I wouldn't be shocked if he had a real gm account.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#13 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:47 pm

Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:

Harden is known for high usage rate, he is the first in the NBA in that category i nrecent years. He dribbled the air out of the ball in houston and shot as many double stepback 3 pointers as he wanted. KD will quit on Kyrie just watch. I genuinely think he is mad at him because he is not listening to him. Insecure people are like that. I bet you he is watching these shows every day hoping for someone to say something good about him. And then you have burner accounts, I wouldn't be shocked if he had a real gm account.

It is not really a change at all. It feels good not to have to score so much to give ourselves a chance to win the game,” Harden said about scoring. “I can just go out there and be a playmaker and shoot my shot once it’s available and still get guys involved to still have a chance to win the game. That is a change but for me, it’s just being the player I am. Impacting the game in other ways than scoring and being the best player I can be when I am out on the court.”

-James Harden

You clearly know little about either, dont follow their twitter/insta, listen to their podcasts, etc... everything Harden/KD has said for the past 3 years strongly contradicts you. Harden doesnt care about stats/shots. he wants to win. KD is Kyries brother, he supports him BECAUSE of his convictions. KD can seperate basketball from personal stuff. he is just going to ball and when Kyrie is back he is back. He isnt out there watching epsn and getting pissed
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Gooner » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

It is not really a change at all. It feels good not to have to score so much to give ourselves a chance to win the game,” Harden said about scoring. “I can just go out there and be a playmaker and shoot my shot once it’s available and still get guys involved to still have a chance to win the game. That is a change but for me, it’s just being the player I am. Impacting the game in other ways than scoring and being the best player I can be when I am out on the court.”

-James Harden

You clearly know little about either, dont follow their twitter/insta, listen to their podcasts, etc... everything Harden/KD has said for the past 3 years strongly contradicts you. Harden doesnt care about stats/shots. he wants to win. KD is Kyries brother, he supports him BECAUSE of his convictions. KD can seperate basketball from personal stuff. he is just going to ball and when Kyrie is back he is back. He isnt out there watching epsn and getting pissed

KD is not Kyrie's brother, he is his friend, for now, but friends come and go. They haven't been around each other regularly until they teamed up in Brooklyn, which was 2 years ago. They don't know each other THAT well, and it's in the time of adversity where people show their true colors. Kyrie showed his, we'll see about KD. One thing is certain, he is listening to the media and these manipulation tactics by Stephen A Simp and others could work on him. They are aiming at KD's ego, you saw that guy Joe Vardon who asked him last night why isn't he mad at Kyrie. KD didn't say anything openly but he said a lot between the lines, more than he should about his "brother". Nothing he said was supportive of Kyrie. He is upset.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#15 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:03 pm

Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:

-James Harden

KD is not Kyrie's brother, he is his friend, for now, but friends come and go. They haven't been around each other regularly until they teamed up in Brooklyn, which was 2 years ago. They don't know each other THAT well, and it's in the time of adversity where people show their true colors. Kyrie showed his, we'll see about KD. One thing is certain, he is listening to the media and these manipulation tactics by Stephen A Simp and others could work on him. They are aiming at KD's ego, you saw that guy Joe Vardon who asked him last night why isn't he mad at Kyrie. KD didn't say anything openly but he said a lot between the lines, more than he should about his "brother". He is upset.

They have been spending time since 2012, when they became friends on team USA. They are not biological brothers, obviously, but they refer to each other as that.

Again, you need to follow these guys alot closer if you think

1) Kyrie/KD have only been close for 3 years
2) KD is going to be influenced by the meda... ESPECIALLY steven A.

I'd suggest listening to KDs podcast, not jsut for clarity on KD, but for clarity on KD's complete distain for the media, specifically how they manipulate.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Gooner » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:12 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

KD is not Kyrie's brother, he is his friend, for now, but friends come and go. They haven't been around each other regularly until they teamed up in Brooklyn, which was 2 years ago. They don't know each other THAT well, and it's in the time of adversity where people show their true colors. Kyrie showed his, we'll see about KD. One thing is certain, he is listening to the media and these manipulation tactics by Stephen A Simp and others could work on him. They are aiming at KD's ego, you saw that guy Joe Vardon who asked him last night why isn't he mad at Kyrie. KD didn't say anything openly but he said a lot between the lines, more than he should about his "brother". He is upset.

They have been spending time since 2012, when they became friends on team USA. They are not biological brothers, obviously, but they refer to each other as that.

I'd suggest listening to KDs podcast, not jsut for clarity on KD, but for clarity on KD's complete distain for the media, specifically how they manipulate.

If he was Kyrie's real friend, he would show support for him, and he didn't. He was passive agressive.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#17 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:17 pm

Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:

If he was Kyrie's real friend, he would show support for him, and he didn't. He was passive agressive.

He said he supports him like, no exaggeration, 50 times over the past 2 weeks.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Gooner » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:21 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Not yesterday.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#19 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:

Not yesterday.

He said he supports him yestarday... but apparently that doesnt count cause he only said it once and what you decided youi "read between the lines" means more then whatever KD actually says
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#20 » by Gooner » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Not yesterday.

He said he supports him yestarday... but apparently that doesnt count cause he only said it once and what you decided youi "read between the lines" means more then whatever KD actually says

Not in the 9 minute video that I watched, they talked mostly about Kyrie. He said that he isn't "too mad", so apparently he is mad atleast a little bit, and he even suggested the word "upset" when Joe Vardon asked him about how he feels. It came out of his mouth. Passive agressiveness at it's finest.

Return to Brooklyn Nets