ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#1801 » by crkone » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:39 pm

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/will-the-bucks-run-it-back-can-lebron-win-his-fifth-ring-how-our-model-sees-the-2021-22-nba-season/

EDIT: they are assuming no problems with Simmons, and that Irving plays no regular season games.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#1802 » by Daver » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:40 pm

Think the hawks are rated a tad to high dont think theres anyway they sniff 50 wins
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#1803 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:50 pm

crkone wrote:EDIT: they are assuming no problems with Simmons, and that Irving plays no regular season games.

At first I thought they were too harsh in taking the Nets down to 50 wins, without Kyrie.

Then I looked at Kyrie's averages and gamelog from last year.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/6442/kyrie-irving

Never really processed that he was a 27/6/5 guy on great percentages. Statistically he's an amazing player. Then again, if the Nets listened to Boston fans, they'd know he's completely unreliable.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#1804 » by Prez » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:14 pm

Daver wrote:Think the hawks are rated a tad to high dont think theres anyway they sniff 50 wins

I mean they played at a 58 win pace under McMillan last year and were two wins from the finals, taking out the #1 seed on the way. And that was with a bunch of injuries.

Their team is deep as hell with good top end talent too, they absolutely can crack 50 wins. Don’t know if they will but they definitely can. The main thing in their way is injury.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,721

Post#1805 » by tydett » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:21 pm

Prez wrote:
Daver wrote:Think the hawks are rated a tad to high dont think theres anyway they sniff 50 wins

I mean they played at a 58 win pace under McMillan last year and were two wins from the finals, taking out the #1 seed on the way. And that was with a bunch of injuries.

Their team is deep as hell with good top end talent too, they absolutely can crack 50 wins. Don’t know if they will but they definitely can. The main thing in their way is injury.

They are actually probably pretty resilient to injury as well. This is a deep team of pretty good players. Honestly kind of reminds of the Bucks a few years ago during Bud's first year. Just don't know if their top-end talent is there for another deep playoff run (unless DeAndre Hunter actually becomes their best player - another Virginia grad, shout out to Roger Murdock).
slos
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#1806 » by slos » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:54 pm

Any news about rookie extensions? I saw somewhere that the deadline is at Oct 18. DDV at 4/30ish, Allen at 3/20ish, Nwora at 2/10 deals will make this offseason even better.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1807 » by emunney » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:03 pm

slos wrote:Any news about rookie extensions? I saw somewhere that the deadline is at Oct 18. DDV at 4/30ish, Allen at 3/20ish, Nwora at 2/10 deals will make this offseason even better.

FYI Nwora's contract can't be extended since it was only 2 years.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Post#1808 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:03 pm

slos wrote:Any news about rookie extensions? I saw somewhere that the deadline is at Oct 18. DDV at 4/30ish, Allen at 3/20ish, Nwora at 2/10 deals will make this offseason even better.

I doubt it. DDV had a major injury, they'll wait and see. And they'll wait and see on the other 2 as well.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#1809 » by Fotis St » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:08 pm

DDV for Sam Merrill , that boy can shoot.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,321

Post#1810 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:56 pm

Those numbers are looooowwww my friend.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#1811 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:06 pm

You may might not like what these guys actually end up signing for. :lol:
drdrG
Rookie
And1: 791

Post#1812 » by drdrG » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:23 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:

You may might not like what these guys actually end up signing for. :lol:

I'll be excited if we extend them. Given that they're under team control, can we afford to extend them facing a growing repeater penalty or is one of them out? I wonder if we try to make a move headlined by DDV to bring back picks or a more manageable contract over the next 2-3 years.
slos
Starter

Post#1813 » by slos » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:28 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:

Those numbers are looooowwww my friend.

“I will give you a Player Option”, Horst replies..

I know they are low, but borderline starters at this age are the most likely to get a lowball offer and secure some life changing millions. Especially Donte with his injury record wouldn’t be shocking if he took that deal. If not OK. We’ll see next summer.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,453

Post#1814 » by Milbucks96 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:48 pm

This roster might be a little ugly next year, we have a lot of guys to pay. I expect Brook to be traded after the season but not during it. Bobby will get his contract from the bucks. That leaves ddv, Allen, Nwora, and Pat, who will for sure opt out of his player option. I expect only 2 of those guys to get paid by the bucks.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,254

Post#1815 » by Finn » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:44 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Donte is a much better defender and passer than Grayson. The problems are that Donte can't finish at the rim, has a streaky and not great looking three ball and also has the Clay Matthews tight hamstrings situation.

Meanwhile Grayson is a lot lazier on D, nor can he cover the passing lanes like Donte, despite Allen's combine quickness. But Allen seems to be able to finish at the rim and most importantly has a sweet three point stroke that he quickly gets off.

The great part is that if Donte can get healthy and return by say Christmas, we'd have both of them to work with, and that depth would be amazing.

Yup makes me cringe when people talk about only giving one an extension when we really need both

No way the bucks extend both plus Bobby this coming offseason. You have to make a decision on either one and for me it’s easy just from an availability standpoint.

Is this like when everyone said there's no way Bobby would be back this year?
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach

Post#1816 » by Milbucks96 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:05 pm

Finn wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:Yup makes me cringe when people talk about only giving one an extension when we really need both

No way the bucks extend both plus Bobby this coming offseason. You have to make a decision on either one and for me it’s easy just from an availability standpoint.

Is this like when everyone said there's no way Bobby would be back this year?

No, because that was Bobby making the decision to take less money. The decision to sign both Allen and Ddv depends on cheapish owners that’s already paying 50 million in the tax. Unless both are super underwhelming and have to settle for small contracts I can’t see both being extended with the need to pay 3 other guys also.
slos
Starter

Post#1817 » by slos » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:25 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:This roster might be a little ugly next year, we have a lot of guys to pay. I expect Brook to be traded after the season but not during it. Bobby will get his contract from the bucks. That leaves ddv, Allen, Nwora, and Pat, who will for sure opt out of his player option. I expect only 2 of those guys to get paid by the bucks.

Assuming DDV/Allen/Pat/Nwora/Bobby get a combined 45+ mil Bucks payroll will be at 180ish mil along with Hill/Jrue/Midds/Giannis/Brook and Thanasis who will probably opt in. And then you have an extra 5 mil for the FRP, Kalaitzakis and Mamu. I don't know if the owners cay pay up to 190 mil to keep everyone. I will agree though that the odd man out would be Brook. Hopefully he gets another chip before that.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,236

Post#1818 » by Matches Malone » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:04 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach

Post#1819 » by Milbucks96 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:28 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would rather have Bryant over the Georgios guy, Over Justin Robinson also.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,825

Post#1820 » by tedbrogen » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:37 am

slos wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:This roster might be a little ugly next year, we have a lot of guys to pay. I expect Brook to be traded after the season but not during it. Bobby will get his contract from the bucks. That leaves ddv, Allen, Nwora, and Pat, who will for sure opt out of his player option. I expect only 2 of those guys to get paid by the bucks.

Assuming DDV/Allen/Pat/Nwora/Bobby get a combined 45+ mil Bucks payroll will be at 180ish mil along with Hill/Jrue/Midds/Giannis/Brook and Thanasis who will probably opt in. And then you have an extra 5 mil for the FRP, Kalaitzakis and Mamu. I don't know if the owners cay pay up to 190 mil to keep everyone. I will agree though that the odd man out would be Brook. Hopefully he gets another chip before that.

I do think they are likely to move Brook after this year, but I would bet they only keep one of DDV or Allen. Both are auditioning for a long term contract and maybe they flip the other for a TPE.

Nwora only gets expensive if he has a huge breakout season and if that happens, they likely are repeat champs.

They’ll probably do what they can to keep Pat as him and Giannis are workout buddies.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks